How long since

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
How long since we've signed an out and out first grader (established first grader) not counting brett Morris who retired here to play a few games with his brother.... and plz don't try and claim part time hoppa (what a piece of shit he is)

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
please keep an eye out.... I seem to have lost my football team!

They were last seen in 2012 and answered to Canterbury or the Bulldogs.... they were often seen hanging around the top of the table and also quite often seen at ANZ stadium during September and the long weekend of October, after this they were often seen splashing around in the player market.

Distinguishing features were a large ruthless forward pack and a pretty slick backline which were blue & white in colour

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Rona. But he developed his brain function and moved to Union.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You'd hardly call him established though mate he'd played a total of 7 NRL games before joining us
True, but he was part of the very few who played like an established player. Plus it was only a handful of us on here that were over the moon when we signed him.

But if you technically want the correct answer to your thread, I guess 2009 was the last time we bought genuine FG'ers.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The recruitment is absolutely abysmal. Apart from Jackson and Klemmer and Graham, we have not acquired any players of first grade quality.
Theres a lot of fringe players like Eastwood, Mariner, Holland, Lichaa, Kasiano etc. But most of these guys wouldnt get a start at other clubs unless there desperate.
So whats the problem? Simple. The better players do not want to come here. Why? Simple..HASLER.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Eastwood is more than a fringe player... Was close to best in the squad pre injury...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
please keep an eye out.... I seem to have lost my football team!

They were last seen in 2012 and answered to Canterbury or the Bulldogs.... they were often seen hanging around the top of the table and also quite often seen at ANZ stadium during September and the long weekend of October, after this they were often seen splashing around in the player market.

Distinguishing features were a large ruthless forward pack and a pretty slick backline which were blue & white in colour
Why on Earth would you start this thread randomly in the off season??

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The recruitment is absolutely abysmal. Apart from Jackson and Klemmer and Graham, we have not acquired any players of first grade quality.
Theres a lot of fringe players like Eastwood, Mariner, Holland, Lichaa, Kasiano etc. But most of these guys wouldnt get a start at other clubs unless there desperate.
So whats the problem? Simple. The better players do not want to come here. Why? Simple..HASLER.

Jackson and Klemmer came through junior grades

obviously i dont have to mention Des wasnt incharge back then.

Only "top" signing Des has done during his tenure at dogs is Trex and thats it we all know how he turned out to be.

Bmoz wanted to play with his brother , Rona had potential like liccha so he wasnt a ready made star and hoppa was the player who watched us go down in the finals from a TV screen.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watch the movie money coach and you'll get a bit of an understanding as to why Des never signs top tier talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.