How Graham offered pay cut to keep Reynolds at Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The revelation by dib makes me think even less of him
This was a private getsure by graham and this was announced not to to heap praise on graham but to make dib look good with the upcoming election .

Dib gets re-elected the doggies will become a basket case with more and more Sydney clubs getting their shit together

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He was off the pace at the Warriors spent a lot of time injured. However, he still doubled both of our halves combined in try assists - 10 in total. Played more minutes than Reynolds this year also. He formed a decent combo with Mannering at the Warriors who ran good lines. Hopefully he can replicate that part of his game and link up with Jackson or Faitala-Mariner.
Doubling our halves try assists isn't much of an achievement considering the way Hasler had us playing footy, they were hardly given a chance to create and had limited support. Forwards didn't lay a platform, forwards didn't run lines, predictable setplays, etc.

Yes i'm not saying Foran was shit at everything this season, he done some good things, but he also done a lot of bad things. People can say that the Warriors are a shit team and have problems or whatever, but the facts are Foran was bought to fix those problems and he didn't. We are now basically asking him to do the exact same thing for us.

When SJ was out he put a lot of pressure on his rookie halves partners.. most of the time they were left to handle the sets and guide the team around. He also isn't a dominant general play kicker, another problem he won't fix for us.

The point is Foran isn't a certainty to perform well like a Cronk, Maloney, etc would be, simply because he isn't the player he once was in that great Manly team and he hasn't been close to that player for a number of seasons. He just isn't a class half like those guys anymore. Yes he might get back to that, but a lot of "hope" is being thrown around..

Facts are Foran is massive risk for a number of reasons, it would be silly to think that he will come in and solve a lot of our issues. A lot of fans are desperate and are choosing to completely ignore these issues like they don't even exist.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Marley lately Uve made a lot of sense though ur Foran view I can't understand at all u Can't say that our halves didn't get a fair go to compete with Foran in try assists etc cause of limited support or chance to create, forwards not laying platform or running lines etc. this is even worse at nz except maybe mannerings hole running and Foran still beat all ours COMBINED.

Will he ever be as good as he was as arguable the best 6 in the game? Who knows, if he can he is a top 2-4 half. He showed at eels he can control and be the dominate half so I don't read into the rest of he's not a dominate half crap. He showed when he left Manly how bad cherry went that he is. All reports where he is the bloke who made Dorothy run hard and right lines. After watching that fraud collect huge money of us for years it shows he's a lot more controlling to manage this successfully then anyone we have had. Again another valid point to raise is foran isn't reported to be on 1mil or something like the dominate halfs your comparing too. Ffs Mbye is probz on more and that's disgusting.

Is he a shitload Better then any half we have had since Noddy? Fucking oath. Let's hope he can regain his happiness with his life back in aus near his kids. No reports of any issues this year like all his career bar 1 year so let's hope he can settle back in and return to truly elite level at a pretty reasonable pay at that potential. After all Mbye got stupid money for "potential" and unlike Foran he's never delivered on it. I'd rather Foran on 700-800k then Mbye or Reynolds on 500-600k and mbyes on more then that ffs.

Don't get me wrong I'd rather Norman or Cleary etc but it's not an option. We need to improve and Foran is that.

Last edited:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The way our club has treated club captains lately is disgraceful and not how the old bulldogs would act

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The revelation by dib makes me think even less of him
This was a private getsure by graham and this was announced not to to heap praise on graham but to make dib look good with the upcoming election .

Dib gets re-elected the doggies will become a basket case with more and more Sydney clubs getting their shit together
He annoys me so much. Such a fucking snake.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Stats for Tolman vs Graham

Tolman
tackles 909
Runs 302
metres 2818
Offloads 14
Tackle breaks 15
Minutes played 1488

Graham tackles 658
Runs 230
Metres 2481
offloads 8
Tackle breaks 14
Minutes played 1039

Both hard workers. Both have same amount of heart. Graham has more aggression and skill.
I would rather Tolman at half the cost because Graham can not turn a game on its head.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stats for Tolman vs Graham

Tolman
tackles 909
Runs 302
metres 2818
Offloads 14
Tackle breaks 15
Minutes played 1488

Graham tackles 658
Runs 230
Metres 2481
offloads 8
Tackle breaks 14
Minutes played 1039

Both hard workers. Both have same amount of heart. Graham has more aggression and skill.
I would rather Tolman at half the cost because Graham can not turn a game on its head.
There's some things about those stats that seem bullshit. For example I don't believe tolman has done 15 tackle breaks. That or they loosely define tackle break.

Secondly, the offload stat maybe true but the effectiveness of his offloads are questionable. That could also be a product of our structures...ie no one backs up etc.

Thirdly, those stats don't show speed of the play of the balls. Tolman gets dominated so easily in tackles, his play of the ball is so slow.

And I think tolman has a lack of game awareness, the amount of times I've seen him fuck up a play by being in the way or just halting momentum through being dominated is incredible.

On paper he looks okay, because he puts in work etc. but he fails what willie mason calls the "eye test". Pull up jason taumalolo's stats or someone, and on paper they might look the same. But who would you rather on your team?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There's some things about those stats that seem bullshit. For example I don't believe tolman has done 15 tackle breaks. That or they loosely define tackle break.

Secondly, the offload stat maybe true but the effectiveness of his offloads are questionable. That could also be a product of our structures...ie no one backs up etc.

Thirdly, those stats don't show speed of the play of the balls. Tolman gets dominated so easily in tackles, his play of the ball is so slow.

And I think tolman has a lack of game awareness, the amount of times I've seen him fuck up a play by being in the way or just halting momentum through being dominated is incredible.

On paper he looks okay, because he puts in work etc. but he fails what willie mason calls the "eye test". Pull up jason taumalolo's stats or someone, and on paper they might look the same. But who would you rather on your team?
You could easily describe Graham the same way you just described Tolman tbh. I have never seen a prop that hits the defence side on as much as him.

The biggest proplem for me is the systems in place and Haslers bench rotations...they make our players look a lot worse than what they actually are because Des just refused to play to their strengths and would rather follow a theory he came up with.

I think Tolman would be better served if he bulked up and sacrificed endurance for more power. Tolman playing at a higher intensity over shorter minutes would be far more valuable than him trying to grind out huge minutes. He just doesn't have enough in his game to provide enough with the ball in hand to justify huge minutes like a Trbojevic, Gallen, Mannering, etc.

Looking back at his last game this season and i thought he looked a lot better, some of his runs were a little more dominant and he looked a little more aggressive than his usual self. Lichaa killing it from dh was also a massive help, the way he played forced the forwards to run onto the ball and play a lot more direct rather than the usual rubbish our forwards do.

Considering all things, i think Tolman should be benched next season. Klemmer and Woods should be the starting frontrowers and Jackson should really be moved to lock.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Considering all things, i think Tolman should be benched next season. Klemmer and Woods should be the starting frontrowers and Jackson should really be moved to lock.
Just benched?

He's already behind fualalo and tualau in my books

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Just benched?

He's already behind fualalo and tualau in my books
100%

I'd start Klemmer woods in props.

Jacko, rfm and Fuafalo at lock.

Elliott, Tualau off the bench with brown if we can keep Lichaa. I'd fuck off tolman and Eastwood and try sign tetevano cheap for a good hard mongrel on the bench.

Both Klemmer and Woods can punch out big minutes

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
100%

I'd start Klemmer woods in props.

Jacko, rfm and Fuafalo at lock.

Elliott, Tualau off the bench with brown if we can keep Lichaa. I'd fuck off tolman and Eastwood and try sign tetevano cheap for a good hard mongrel on the bench.

Both Klemmer and Woods can punch out big minutes
Out of every player on our team Tolman has to be one of the best defenders which is always overlooked. Although next year we will miss Grahams cover defence.
I reckon if Tolman or Graham are not in the mid the laziness of the other forwards in defence will show. We need one of them. I prefer Graham but don't mind Tolman. He is only following the coaches instruction after all.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reynolds technically could have stayed, but he took the money and ran in the end.

At the end of the day that call proved to be a smart one though, given the cap issue would mean we couldn't have kept him anyway.

I still can't understand how people on here will slam Dib and Des over all this, and blindly overlook Castles efforts in this salary cap fuckup.

If anything it's entirely possible this predicament is her doing, and why she "resigned" when caught out. For all we know Ray Dib is trying to limit the damage shes done.
People are not blindly overlooking Raelenes involvement but some people feel the need to coveniently overlook the fact that Des was given too much power and say (b4 Raelene arrived). Who came up with the idea of back ended contracts at Manly? Would that be Des? CEO & others were stupid for going along with him.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He got a send off....as he should. It was maybe a bit desperate to use his last Belmore game to try and fill seats as he's only played a bunch of games there but that was the club's decision , not his.

Whether he got a send off or not he was a very valuable player for us who should have been retained and offers this club s lot more than his replacement will.Some of our fans don't get that, but his teammates absolutely do.
I agree. I loved nothing better that watching Reynolds run sideways. It made for compelling viewing. He came into first grade as a hooker. Probably his best position. Not sad to see him go and wish him the best of luck at Wests.

Status
Not open for further replies.