How do you deal with noisy neighbours?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
With Neighbours you need to protect to them that your a complete psychopath.. your unhinged and they will avoid disturbing you.. if you bake them cookies and be nice all the time they extend the friendship with undue noise, park their cars all ove the place and have their pets shit on your lawn

Recently at a community breakfast I bumped into a neighbour that lived two doors up, she said she thought I was a hitman.
I have a crack house next to my unit, it's always an adventure you should come visit, you will have fun sorting them out

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Previously I was obviously blessed as I have a mostly vacant family only use holiday house on one side and the other house owned by a freinds best freind who also owns my house was vacant for 6 months.

The new tenant is just a fucking pest tbh. A single dad to a girl who is friends and in the same class as my 7 year old boy which makes it a more delicate situation than I care for. Owns motorbikes and a couple 4x4's he is always turning them on and off, music going all the time I can hear and feel the vibrations through my house. Has windows open, blinds drawn and lights on 24/7 it's like living next door to a shopping centre. I have my curtains closed and there is light filtering through all hours of night.
My wife has 2 online classes a week Monday night and Wednesday day and is doing a post graduate on Tuesdays which sometimes has an online class element, she works 3-4 12 hr nights a week, we have a 13 month old bub.

I have discussed with him several times about the vibration of the music and the inappropriate times and also solutions to move his speakers to the other side of the house where there is no neighbours and or shut the windows.
All good he has his music down several decibels lower but I still get the sub vibrating but then starts with the vehicles and 1 one of his bikes sounds like a day at Bathurst and the **** revs it to the limiter on occasion and blasts around the neighbourhood like it's a race track.

I can hear thumping of floor boards a couple times a month well past midnight where he lets his 8 year old daughter run up and down the halls, have heard her telling him to let her off the bike as they are coming up the driveway like she is obviously scared.
At my wits end, a few days ago while the bub was trying to stay asleep at 2 p.m and the wifey is in an online class he has his bike backed into the corner of a breezeway thats enclosed by colourbond and facing my house. So I grab a step ladder and peak over and he's right there, exhaust pointed at our mutual fence revving the fuck out of it. I bang on the fence and tell him it's enough bud, I have baby rolling around unable to stay asleep and my partner trying to complete a post grad.
I ask him if he's medicated or on the specstrum and ask how don't you fucking understand that this is a fucking echo chamber, he never says a word just has a big dopey grin on his face and nods his head. Has since hung a boxing bag in the breezeway as a warning or something? Lol.

How do I drum it into this dumb ***** head that I will 100% make sure his lease is not renewed unless he trades that stupid bike in for a Vespa and invests in some airpods
Such a hard one mate. Sounds like you have just got to suck it up and hope he vacates after the lease. I had similar years ago, my problem is I let it simmer without addressing. I have a very short temper, so then I just snap. Next thing I’m in the house challenging them to fisty cuffs. I’ve gotten better since at talking and not letting things simmer. Have u spoken to other people in street, maybe they can also talk to him.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy some earplugs and shut the fuck up and mind your own business, sounds more like ur eavesdropping and you’re the typical nosey neighbour

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the leading authority on the kennel with respect to renters and neighbour disputes, I have a duty to respond..

I completely understand your situation and work tirelessly to swing the balance back to landlords and respectful neighbour practises..

Please accept this advice

1. You can’t reason with a renter, they rent because they have made many poor choices, you just can’t upload a new firmware update and fix their mindset

2. Use your ace in the pack to really pump up and increase rents.. hit them where it hurts… then when you hear their noise or vibrations you smirk and know they are paying well above market through the nose for this conduct. Each time you are disturbed think of the next rent increase.

3. An old school landlord that has passed away many years taught me everything I know.. he used to attend his rental property every Saturday morning to inspect, if he didn’t like the height of the grass or where they parked their cars or if he saw a mess, he would absolutely tear strips off them, start moving their shit out on the street. If they were a day behind in rent he would start moving their shit out.. he really beat them up into submission, they wouldn’t dare squeak if he was around..he didn’t even use a real estate property manager, managed it his way and with his own laws..the renters knew he had a few spare sets of keys and they could receive a late night visit if something wasn’t right.. these days the laws favour the renters, they turn up to the tribunal with 5 kids begging and then act like arseholes every other time before and afterwords..

4. I can’t stress enough to increase the rent on them, well above market rates, have them really cop a gut punch when they have to pay up. You will soften them up and if they continue to make noise etc, increase the rent again until they crack and then like a gypsy move house… it’s a battle they can’t win

5. Many years back, I had a renter they didn’t wanna pay, things would go round in circles with the real estate.. he was a good 6-8 weeks behind.. I engaged “an old friend” to go knock on his door one Sunday. Night and show him how the world works.. Monday morning by spectacular coincidence it was all paid up to date, even the water usage. :grinning:
Lmao imagine someone walking jnto the place you’re renting and touching ur belongings for not cutting the grass, moving ur stuff onto the street

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Make a noise complaint.

I'll truly never understand some people.. we gad a neighbour at my old place who used to work on renovations till like 2am on weeknights.. outside mind you he was building a shed.. absolutely oblivious. I'd prefer that over music or any shenanigans but still annoying... we were coming towards the end of a lease so I didn't care enough to act.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lmao imagine someone walking jnto the place you’re renting and touching ur belongings for not cutting the grass, moving ur stuff onto the street
Not just someone the owner..

Once I went to my Rental property and was fixing a door and the renter was sitting there on the lounge with a mate.. the mate says who’s that guy fixing the door… the renter says ah I got someone to come fix ’my door..

I was gonna turn around and say actually I’m fixing my door and you’re the visitor here … then give em both an uppercut and rush them out the door

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like in the move roadhouse people come to me to correct their neighbour / renter disputes.. we want the best…

I say “the best is pipito”, they say “pipito is gettin old” we want you blue_boost…

so job by job, street by street, renter by renter, I be nice and take out the trash..

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Not just someone the owner..

Once I went to my Rental property and was fixing a door and the renter was sitting there on the lounge with a mate.. the mate says who’s that guy fixing the door… the renter says ah I got someone to come fix ’my door..

I was gonna turn around and say actually I’m fixing my door and you’re the visitor here … then give em both an uppercut and rush them out the door
But you would rather the weekly income that’s paying of the mortgage and no criminal record??

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine are pretty good, a few niggling issues but they've been instructed like everywhere, some issues to work through but they prolly didnt deserve last nights upheaval that started elsewhere, sorry everyone.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Buy some earplugs and shut the fuck up and mind your own business, sounds more like ur eavesdropping and you’re the typical nosey neighbour
Or..or here's an idea.. how about as a neighbour you should have a level of consideration for other people. Don't need to eavesdrop someone when their subwoofer and Rev limiting motorbike reverberates through my house with windows and doors shut. Unlike the Grey matter in your dumbfuck skull I can only shut the windows until they are closed not until it makesme entirely ignorant of the world around me you rude mcfuck

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Start the lawn mower every day at 7am and leave on as close as you can to them. Everyday do the same. Petrol costs will be up but I'm sure they will get the point after a few days.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t underestimate the value of double glazed windows.. I can shut out the renters by closing my windows..

But my house is a double story and I can see over the fence.. the renters next door have old furniture and a fridge perched up against the back fence. When I look over my beautiful pool with waterfall I also have to see their old fridge and lounge?

up_theDogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
Man i got much worse then noisy neighbours, I live on a park and someone was just in my backyard

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

My neighbour tried To stun me last weekend and bought a used AMG.. should I send him the above story? He was looking over proud as punch with it parked in his driveway.. but he bought it a few years old, who knows how many km on the Speedo, the cost of AMG maintenance that is about to hit him… plus it could be a wound back Speedo George special

My honest Hyundai has under 10,000km, I know as I bought it brand new, does he know his real km?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
its like poker, sometimes you need to raise in order to win

estimate the noise output he is producing and then double it

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plot Twist .... Blue boost is said neighbour!

new tenant
That's your answer.

Google up the property and find out the agent. Contact the agent and raise the issue.

Tenants have a responsibility to ensure they are not creating a nuisance, nor interfereing with others peaceful enjoyment.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score

That's your answer.

Google up the property and find out the agent. Contact the agent and raise the issue.

Tenants have a responsibility to ensure they are not creating a nuisance, nor interfereing with others peaceful enjoyment.
so do land owners

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score

That's your answer.

The owner of our house owns the fuckwit neighbours house aswell. We got this house via my sons best friends dad, who is best mates with the owner. All good, fuckwit neighbours lease is up in a couple months and won't be renewed.