How did Lewis & Ogden go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Raiders are a little like the Knights where the footy required to beat them isn't that complicated and you really don't need to pull off great attacking plays.

As you said the Raiders boys wilt towards the backend of halves, they also wilt badly off the back of no possession and suffer mental fatigue. Raiders are simply all about momentum footy, there's nothing complicated in there setup plays and they're all about just powering through the opposition and then having the likes of Hodgson, Leilua, Rapana, etc pull off some nice plays.

We simply need to maintain possession and prevent the Raiders from having back to back sets, nothing complicated in attack is required other than looking for some safe offloads when available. Our forwards also need to aim up big time defensively to begin the game with some fast line speed while our backs need to take a few extra carries to help of forwards conserve energy for defence.

Anyway it's not as simple as just that lol, bur the Raiders are definitely beatable with oir current team just like i thought the Knigts were. Klemmer out does make things harder though.
I just don’t like how the Knights were still up at half time despite losing Ponga early.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I just don’t like how the Knights were still up at half time despite losing Ponga early.
It was basically the Knights worst performance this year also. Nothing to get overly excited about yet and i'm sure if we lose against the Raiders this week people on here will be acting like most our players are useless ***** again lol.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The team deserve a rap for their effort against Newcastle. Tolman did a few tackles on the line that were absolute screamers and showed his desperation. Lewis isnt fast leg speed wise but he is fast up top. He has an instinct for the game which I like alot. Martin's kicking was awesome. Why the fuck we persisted with goodbye mbye is beyond me. Klemmer was a beast in attack and defence as was Jackson. Holland surprised me to the point of re rating him. He actually showed he can make it in the nrl. Brown showed why Lichaa needs to be flushed and Smith pwned it on the wing. We even got a 6 minute cameo from our $850k a season second rower in cream bun,

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was basically the Knights worst performance this year also. Nothing to get overly excited about yet and i'm sure if we lose against the Raiders this week people on here will be acting like most our players are useless ***** again lol.
I don’t get the fapping over Lewis? He was good defensively but didn’t do much in attack

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t get the fapping over Lewis? He was good defensively but didn’t do much in attack
Likely wasn’t asked to. Pay knows it’s his debut and was probably telling to make his tackles and help out with directing the team when needed. Do the simple things and build on that.

Also that side jmk was was leaking points, so made sense to keep the ball going that side.

His responsibilities will broaden as he gets more game time.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because it's TK. I was happy for him to get a run and happy with his debut but people are simply praising him for things that weren't there and are already comparing him to legends of the game hahaha.

I could honestly see him transitioning into a ballplaying lock/backrower if he doesn't work out in the halves.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes sexy boy and if we lose you can resume your predictable Pay bashing also. lol.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes sexy boy and if we lose you can resume your predictable Pay bashing also. lol.
My Pay bashing isn't dependent on a loss, i just want to see signs of proper coaching like we did last week for basically the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.