Hoppa

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This thread is not intended to bash Hoppa about his no play Sunday stance.

The fact is he is due back and the fact is we all know like the sun coming up in the morning that Des will pick him.

My question is where will he be picked?

In danger are;

Lee - binned harsh yes but still cost us, he's also prone to an error per game. Personally I would persist as his attack is something.

Holland- goal kicking gives him an edge. He was impressive under the high ball and first class finisher. My only gripe is he's small gets man handled on tackles 1 or 2 when we are working ball out.

Montoya- Personally I think he had a below par game and gave me flashbacks of Perrett rushing in no mans land. That said he's a future star and done enough to warrant spot.

Brett Morris- awesome at the back both attack and defence. Only gripe is him getting injured is matter of time. He will never be dropped so more case of fullback or wing. I would roll the dice on the former option of fullback

What I would do that Des won't

Drop Lichaa and move Mbye to 9 and start Frawley at 7.

I would then put Hoppa on bench as utility value (covers wing and centre and fullback) could play 6 at a pinch and strong enough to cover back row and lock.

Des has officially stated he wants to keep a utility on bench and Hoppa offers more to the side off bench than say Frawley. This also limits his no play Sunday stance disruptions.

My 5c

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Sunday thing has alot to do with the decision. Sadly it's round 9 and we're still talking about whether he will or won't play.

Personally I'm not sold on Lee. His good equals his bad and that's not what you want from a player. I don't think he'll be dropped considering how long Hasler chased him.

Personal choice is I don't have Hoppa in the side, Hasler will probably drop Montoya and have Hoppa, bmoz, jmoz, lee and Holland.

Reactions: DT

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Brett Morris (do or die)
2. Montoya
3. Josh Morris
4. Hopoate
5. Holland
6. Reynolds
7. Frawley
8. Graham
9. Mbye
10. Klemmer
11. Lee
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Kasiano
15. Elliott
16. Fualalo
17. Tolman

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He can cover for ISP. Lee has to stay, let him learn his trade in first grade, his got all the capabilities to be a star and still only 21.

Btw, Even though I still think we need a anothe player to over Holland I will give him credit because his form under the high ball has been great.

MosDef

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We drop Lee and we score fuck all points.
Exactly. He might have his brain fart moments but he is one of our only players that Bust Tackles, Offloads & creates something out of nothing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Exactly. He might have his brain fart moments but he is one of our only players that Bust Tackles, Offloads & creates something out of nothing.
Not to mention he is still only 21. I'll take a 21 year old making mistakes compared to a 28 or 26 year old that still make the same mistakes they did years ago.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I respect Hoppa for doing what he does because of his beliefs. But we have a weak roster. Teams like Melb or Roosters might be happy to carry him. He should come straight in for Holland imo.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Straight swap for lee to easy he's shit no wonder raiders wouldn't give him a run

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope that if Des feels like he has to drop someone, that it is Holland. Even with his goal kicking he is behind Montoya and Lee for mine.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tomorrow team sheet will be interesting ....sorry no predictable #20 Frawley

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of Lee Morris Montoya Holland.. I would rate Holland last even with the goal kicking
Holland should stay he was solid and did well with the high balls. For me hoppa should start in reserves and force his way in. None of those guys you mention deserve to be dropped. Just my opinion.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des needs to have a stable roster, with hoppa back it means we will be having players in and out depending on what day it is, that's a joke! How do we expect the team to gain any momentum and consistency if we're changing the team every second week! We are run like amateurs playing on the weekend, wondering who will turn up this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.