Opinion Hoppa looks like he has gelled with the current side.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i just shake my head because i used to get so much abuse for telling you guys this months ago.

at least say 'nasheed was right' so i get so,me acknowkedgement.
Screenshot_20200911-222846_Google.jpg

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think he knows he's a better centre than fullback, however doesn't want to defend on the edges as he knows we are shot on either side. He can just sit out the back now and try salvage their errors. Either way I'm not fussed on him much recently, falling into the DWZ and Smith bracket ATM.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hoppa, Jackson and Lewis should never have been extended. The way we feel about Tolman/Napa, counting down every game until his contract expires is the way we will feel about the above 3.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How slow is this bloke. The Harper try just sums hoppa up Every other fullback in the NRL tackles Harper. Hoppa is that slow he hardly touches him. Needs to play center for us

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Problem was moving him straight to FB on his return when Meaney had put in a string of performances where he was in the top 3 of players week in week out. While FB is not a completely 100% problem free area, Centres has been diabolical for us over the last few months. SG messed up not putting Hoppa straight into the centres and leaving Meaney at the back.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I've been telling you for a year he's the cancer of our particular side.

It's just been hidden, because he doesn't make silly outward errors, and a lot of his colleagues do just that.

But he's slow and an attack killer. A smart centre with no size or speed eating 600k a year is a problem.

ALWAYS LISTEN TO NA$HEED!!
-Nasheed
I agree. Silky hands they say. Wow he's quick at passing the ball. So what. Incapable of making a line break or busting a tackle. What a shit value centre for 600K Hopa is so average but even worse is DWZ and Smith. We need to replace them all as soon as we are able because they're always going to be weak and we're never gonna be a great team with them in our side.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Just another overpaid squad player regularly outplayed and outpaced by rookies. Rae Rae, Des and Lyn special.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Someone who is really desperate obviously. Won't be suprised if the tigers do though.
Maybe last year but he's going so bad this year I doubt most teams would even fork up $300k for him let alone the $550 we're paying him

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just shake my head because i used to get so much abuse for telling you guys this months ago.

at least say 'nasheed was right' so i get so,me acknowkedgement.
Sorry Nasheed but months ago he was playing ok we are talking about now, you know the present! since he started playing like the rest of them.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Definitely past his best. In a high performing squad and far more moderate salary I suspect he’d be a great Centre or Utility to carry. However, for a rebuild and in a game becoming faster with recent rule changes, he’s not giving us anywhere close to enough.
Like we almost all agree another example of poorly managed and developed squad. We are full of mid to low level quality players all taking overs

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is disappointing, to think a senior player on what his earning and games his played shows no leadership. The whole team doesn't have 1 player which drives the team especially when they are in front. Hoppa unfortunately is just too slow and has no reaction towards the opposition attacking our line until he does the usual thing and falls over them after they have scored a try .