Hook turn time - The Positives!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well even if that were true and I doubt it is, what was he going to do when he got there, trip him?
Well we’ll surprise surprise in the round 18 injury report no injury to kerrod holland ,people speculated he had an injury because he got beaten so easily as i said the way he got beaten was nothing to do with his shoulder it was horrible positioning in defence and a lack of pace out wide its a real worry because we need him to come good in the centres

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well we’ll surprise surprise in the round 18 injury report no injury to kerrod holland ,people speculated he had an injury because he got beaten so easily as i said the way he got beaten was nothing to do with his shoulder it was horrible positioning in defence and a lack of pace out wide its a real worry because we need him to come good in the centres
His shoulder was out... You could see him carrying it all game. I don't care if it was or wasn't either way he cant cope with a full NRL season. NEXT!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thought so

Ps His shoulder was fine when Croker gassed him setting up first try

He must have got a stinger during the game as he definitely was favouring it when they scored on him the second time

Looked ok the third time he let in a try (Cotric) granted a tough ask to stop Cotric that close

The final try was due to Holland letting Austin get around him culminating in Leilua scoring the winning try

He let in so many line breaks and tries it was reminiscent of Olive v Titans

But some here suggesting he may have carried a shoulder injury into the game...clutching

Are the players on this edge failing to grasp Pays defence structure?

Something obviously wrong because we have seen it consistently throughout the season albeit different players at different times

Somebody fix the damn problem

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thought so

Ps His shoulder was fine when Croker gassed him setting up first try

He must have got a stinger during the game as he definitely was favouring it when they scored on him the second time

Looked ok the third time he let in a try (Cotric) granted a tough ask to stop Cotric that close

The final try was due to Holland letting Austin get around him culminating in Leilua scoring the winning try

He let in so many line breaks and tries it was reminiscent of Olive v Titans

But some here suggesting he may have carried a shoulder injury into the game...clutching

Are the players on this edge failing to grasp Pays defence structure?

Something obviously wrong because we have seen it consistently throughout the season albeit different players at different times

Somebody fix the damn problem
Yes its very frustrating on that side ,smith at least doesnt rush in but the inside players seemed very slow getting across

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes its very frustrating on that side ,smith at least doesnt rush in but the inside players seemed very slow getting across
Smith is the opposite of Montoya as he doesn’t come in no matter what lol

Need to find the balance between the two extremes or Pay might need to overhaul the defence scheme that isn’t working

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Need to find the balance between the two extremes or Pay might need to overhaul the defence scheme that isn’t working
Yes weve always defended better with up and in

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A good
I wouldn’t dump Holland after one bad game

A good coach should be able to analyse where he got it wrong positional and technique and fix it
Coach would never have signed him in the first place. We need to start putting onus on the players instead of making out the coach should know how to turn complete duds into super stars. It just doesnt happen.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score

Smith had a few chances to jam in on Crocker and Austin but didn’t which shows his inexperience.JMK was slow to move putting Holland under pressure which opened up the gaps outside and Crocker showed his vast experience to take advantage of it.More time required to make combinations but everyone wants Superstars after a few games, Anyone notice who Austin stepped off his left foot to beat pointlessly and score? Captain JJ is who and the last try scored over the twins ,so no one is perfect guys.Lewis was great again and has a huge future and basically the team played well for such an INEXPERIENCED side.Hang in there everyone,have patience and swallow some chill pills..Ps ..Holland had scans on his shoulder and definitely dislocated during game.....

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope sorry, I totally disagree with you.
Holland should have come off for a Brown.
Did you see Brown at fullback?
I did and he looked at home there.
And it was Pay who suggested he play there for that game.
No I didn't see him but if Pay put him there and still didn't want to use him what does that tell you.......
At the end of the day I guess we are arguing over woulda coulda shoulda, but didn't. If Pay doesn't use a particular player I can live with that. He sees them every day and reviews all their work on and off the field every week so for mine he knows more about them than me and everyone else on here. Bring on next week.....

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should be bloody grateful this blokes come in to clean up our mess when he probably knows it could end his career as a first grade coach before it started and all we do is whinge and bitch about the tiniest little things that dont really matter and we cant change. And yez call yourselfs supporters pfft. Fucking disgrace.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I didn't see him but if Pay put him there and still didn't want to use him what does that tell you.......
At the end of the day I guess we are arguing over woulda coulda shoulda, but didn't. If Pay doesn't use a particular player I can live with that. He sees them every day and reviews all their work on and off the field every week so for mine he knows more about them than me and everyone else on here. Bring on next week.....
Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.