Hook turn time - The Positives!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn’t dump Holland after one bad game

A good coach should be able to analyse where he got it wrong positional and technique and fix it

One bad game?

I’ve seen plenty of those games from him

It’s just this year his been on the bench for 70 mins a game

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was some negatives last night but a lot more positives out of the last two games that I have seen , we have some great young players that I think are getting better the more games they play ,.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Brah. Blind freddy can see he cant match it against better centres. His done it before and he done it again. Cut loose asap.
That's just rubbish. One thing that Holland has been is good defensively for the past couple of years and now he is getting crucified for not being able to tackle with a busted shoulder. He ran with good purpose and speed last night and early on was giving it to the Raiders. It was only when he hurt his shoulder that he dropped away not because he wasn't in position but because he didn't have the strength in his arm to execute. The kid showed plenty of ticker staying on knowing we didn't have another "holland" on the bench to replace him.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Great effort by the boys overall. Couple of changes needed. Brown for Lichaa. Cleeland for JMK.
Ogden is a typical islander. Hes good in short bursts due to lack of stamina. Needs managing better.
Holland is better from the bench.
Ogden is following the same path that RFM, Tapine, Pangai, Kikau and most other young players do and that is give them short stints every week to acclimatise them to the speed of FG and then in a season or two they become starters. He looked pretty solid last night. Gave us plenty of punch while he was there and did his job well. As long as we only use him like that this season he will be a big plus for us next year.

Big Owl

Waterboy
Reaction score
That's just rubbish. One thing that Holland has been is good defensively for the past couple of years and now he is getting crucified for not being able to tackle with a busted shoulder. He ran with good purpose and speed last night and early on was giving it to the Raiders. It was only when he hurt his shoulder that he dropped away not because he wasn't in position but because he didn't have the strength in his arm to execute. The kid showed plenty of ticker staying on knowing we didn't have another "holland" on the bench to replace him.
Pay had the option of putting Brown to fullback and Hoppa to right centre but his problem with Brown is clouding his judgement.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted this on another thread but bares repeating.
The try's Rhyse martin scored reminded me of Terry lamb, not necessarily blinding speed or individual brilliance, but simply backing up the man with the ball and putting himself in the right position.
Also, it was great to see a general out their for the first time in years in one Lachlan Lewis, he will only get better and just like Turvy Mortimer, I hope the club makes certain we never have to play against him...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewy needs to keep his spot an stay PUT!! He has only played 2 fg games an looks good and will only get better, Martin as well because these two I feel will build a great partnership/combo as time goes on.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s nice to have any Elliott hate on here for once lol
I have said it before but Elliott is basically the forward version of Reynolds. As long as Elliott keeps focused and and his brain keeps up with his actions then he will be a very capable player for us and consistently do what he did for us last night every match.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe a blessing that we went so shut this year
Pissed off a few high priced players and giving ou4 young guys 10 games in FG that they would never have got for years maybe
Let’s use the pain of 2018 to kick start 2019
Looking forward for positives in the remainder of the year

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Elliot killed it best game I’ve seen him play
Agree.
I have been.a big critic of him as his start to the season was terrible.
But he has come good to an extent.
He was good yesterday.

Last edited:

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Guys there were a lot of positives last night for 75 mins. Was great to see. Really proud of the effort of the guys just a shame it finished like it did.

A few questions need to be asked. Did we run out of interchange so Holland injury couldn’t be replaced with Brown. Was Brown injured so he couldn’t come back for Lichea like Pay has been doing. Lichea is a fucking disgrace still and I don’t understand why Brown didn’t come back on for himwith 20 to go. Shame because the result could have been different but really proud of the overall effort of the team for 75 mins.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only thing that's rubbish is the fact you think this is Holland's first time.... This is Holland's 3RD time he has done this... 3RD time! He plays a good game, retains his spot and then gets owned by the opposition the next game and /or gets injured costing us the game. If you don't recall this then God help us if you were our coach!

THE KID IS DONE! C ya later back to reggies, bring in BURGER MAN!

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There aren't none.. I Joke I Joke...

Lewis continues to grow - Next game watch this kids mouth.. He don't shut the ef up! Massive on field talker +

Martin proving his NRL worth - Got some points in him+

Lewis/ Martin combination = couple of neat assists +

Smith developing nicely = Needs good centre or shift 1 in +

Ogden = Massive +

JMK = Bench utility +

We know Holland needs to go = +

Bergamin / Harper = Developing nicely +
Agree Harper looks like a good player for the future. Lanky but strong and looks confident.

I'd add Chris Smith. He's got lots of potential.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
His actually having a good season... Has really out his head down and works hard. Bulldog through and through.
And he supported them as a team which makes his mongrel more special.

Status
Not open for further replies.