Honesty session

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Adam Elliots form has completely dropped off since the day he signed his new contract a month ago. There's a real attitude problem across the board

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not sure about the tanking thing. Could have easily been a lot worse in the first half considering the amount of field position parra had

Either that or they are just doing enough to get rid of him without completely embarrassing the club

Seems like a very toxic environment for the players and you get the feelings it's only a matter of time before Jackson and klemmer seriously ask for a release

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It is stale, old, tired. Its as simple as that.

Either Des goes or Des stays and you get a major clean out.

I would go for a major clean out. In all honesty, what do you think Bellamy will get out of this squad?
Out front rowers cannot bend the line. I really dont know what happened to Graham, he looks like he is completely over it. Sick of the sport.. Just turning up for a pay cheque.
Tolman is the same.
I would start with them. Eastwood next to go. I would drop Adam Elliot. He has been pathetic. Never seen a player make so many elementary mistakes.

Josh Morris is a funny one. He and his brother are still very very good defensively. Offensively, Brett still has something to offer IMO.
I think Des sees Josh Morris as a Jamie Lyon in terms of veteran status. However, while Lyon did slowdown in pace like JMoz has late in there careers, Lyon was a very very skilful player and could add in other ways, like goal kicking, smart short kicking game and a very good pass. JMoz has none of these.

For next year, i would only keep Montoya, Mbye, i would shove on left centre with BMoz. He would flourish out there, he has crazy acceleration and can easily beat his man 1 on 1 and put BMoz with a good pass.

Jacko, Klemmer, Foran, Woods, Lee (has a whole off season to work on his D)

I would keep Hoppa at the back.

I have no idea who would play half back.

Nu Brown looks good for the sharks at hooker.

We need a starting prop, cheap and looking to make a name for himself.

No matter how many valid points u made in regards to the squad. You lost all credibility when you said Hasler to stay. He needs to go.

Bellamy would never ever ever ever ever ever have been in this predicament. And if he was here, we would be a shit load more dangerous. Forwards play like forwards and not backs. Elliot Stanley hoppa mbye would not be in their positions or in the team at all.
We would have a proper fullback running off Kas, klemmer would be allowed to offload etc. Our halves would actually touch the ball and he would have recruited or brought up a junior to play halfback.

Look at the Storm. Cam smith Cronk and Slater the best 3 players in the world and once in a lifetime players. Yet he has ready made replacements in Munster Brandon Smith, Jacks and Croft. Their future is looking rosy...

That's the difference between Bellamy and Des, des is no where the same class as him....

Reactions: GDR

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Polar bear!! Played like Clive Churchill tonight.
50m try, dragged 9 of your players over 35 m to go in under the post, you wont see a better front rowers try.
Future international
We made him look that way. that's for sure.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seems like a very toxic environment for the players and you get the feelings it's only a matter of time before Jackson and klemmer seriously ask for a release
I wouldn't blame them. You can only be good, in a shit environment for so long.
We're going to kill their careers.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly why did you delete my thread?!
No style just like des.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Again this squad cannot cope with a full season of NRL.
Same thing happened last season also.
Tolman is best example, I praised him early in the season, now again just pathetic.
His effort with Graham letting in that first try is not Canterbury.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Players know other players shouldn't be on the team
Certain players don't want a bar of Hasler whilst others are that far up his arse it's not funny
He has favourites and that's why the Stanley's Elliot's floppas and tolmans don't get dropped.
I've heard this too.

The FACT that we shopped tolman around and got one nibble and then that nibble quickly turned around into a solid no says all you need to know about hasler.

Hasler starts tolman every game and no other club wants a bar of tolman

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Polar bear!! Played like Clive Churchill tonight.
50m try, dragged 9 of your players over 35 m to go in under the post, you wont see a better front rowers try.
Future international
Lol what a load of crap!! Firstly, clive churchill was a fullback, and well the rest of it is just bullshit.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone can see that there must be something going going on under the surface. The players do not look united and they just look either bored or disinterested.
There is no game plan and the endless side to side play is producing nothing but boredom and errors.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've heard this too.

The FACT that we shopped tolman around and got one nibble and then that nibble quickly turned around into a solid no says all you need to know about hasler.

Hasler starts tolman every game and no other club wants a bar of tolman
Apart from Klem, Jacko and Montoya would there be any other club keen on anyone else? even if they were keen there's no way that they would be getting the same money we give them.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What about Mbye dropping off whilst Alvaro was still charging towards the line full of momentum. I thought that was disgraceful
I'm usually a critic of Mbye but I actually thought he defended strongly last night.

To me he is our number 9 moving forward, not 1/6/7 or in the centres.

I'm happy for him to stay there now and develop.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imo the players still put in for des when required, e.g. upsetting the broncos when his future suppossedly being decided or beat the dragons before he had to front up the fans forum.
However they look like they are just cruising for most of the season. Just completing their tasks. A bit like getting pizza from dominos. You can tell they put in all the ingredients but cannot really call it pizza making

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I didn't even scream at the TV this game. I will always be a Bulldog no matter what but that is absolutely massive for me.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't even scream at the TV this game. I will always be a Bulldog no matter what but that is absolutely massive for me.
Know how you feel. I couldn't even get emotional at the game last night. It was just a case of BOHICA.....

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I don't think we threw the game. I think we are just a piss weak side full players who train like Tarzan but play like Jane and those with skill have lost it. Graham looks looks like he has prosthetic legs and hips, Toleman gets in the way to much, Morris twins are finished, Eastwood can't keep up with the speed of the game today, Lichaa and Frawley are peasants, Adam Elliot has feet for hands and is slowly becoming the forward version of Josh Reynolds, Hoppa needs to stay away from FB, Chase Stanley been ok but to rather use his salary on youth, Holland needs to live in reserve grade, Reynolds is leaving thank FUCK. I could go on but bottom line is we are simply shit *****.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There looked to be a lot of players who didn't want to be out there in the rain, when there's nothing to play for.

Status
Not open for further replies.