Honest advertising by Coke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
http://sun-gazing.com/you-will-never-think-of-coke-the-same-way-after-watching-this-video-3/

Ok so if you watched the advert and seen their complete honesty about what Coke is doing to people, you might wonder why they would do that. If you ask me {conspiracy alert} it is their way of jumping ahead of any future legal issues pertaining to health problems they've caused. It's not them being nice and giving you a health warning, it's their way of being able to say they didn't hide the ill effects of their products when people try to sue.

Do people think i am on the money here? and if you agree, do you think it's ethical that they are taking this approach? I for one disagree with this being morally right. If they had come out and taken this approach as they discovered the ill effects then i'd maybe think they gave a crap about their customers. They did not though, their attempts to make healthier products still give us detrimental products. Now that people have addictions to the caffiene, sugar and other substances designed to make your body crave them, and a huge percentage of the worlds population are suffering the ill effects. I think they're afraid of a large class action suit against them.

Having said all that i did just polish off my third can of soft drink for the day (which is the reccomended weekly intake according to the ad). I just hope that people don't confuse this warning video with them caring about their customers. I suspect they're covering their own asses.

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaha if people believe Coke cares about you?

In the end this is still a commercial, and what goes into making a commercial? Marketing research, being a billion dollar corporation they would have invested heaps into knowing how to lure customers and what I think they realised is people want what they are told not to have. Its like telling a kid you cant have it or not to touch it, the kids is going to want it even more.... and also covering their arses for any future lawsuits.

Does that make sense?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
im still going to do coke and also enjoy a soft drink on the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.