'Homesick' Ben Hannant may quit Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
We're paying a little bit over what he is worth anyway tbh. At least now we can sign up two above average props rather than relying so heavily on just Ben

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is true, then we are best to let him go ASAP. No point carrying a guy whose heart is not in it. I'd rather a nobody who plays with passion.
i agree I think he is a POS for this sign for 3 years then it's your fault nobody elses....really hate players who do this

bullfrog_rip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
our media manager just said on 2sm that Hannant is happy at the dogs but his mrs is homesick, but he will play the 2010 season as normal and then at the end will sit down and discuss the future, but its business as usual for this year, hannant is happy at the club so dont worry. SOURCE 2SM

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
It's clear that the Bulldogs/Greenberg are going to try and arrange a release for Hannant but as long as the club doesn't lose out. As discussed between Weidler and Greenberg on nine news just now. They also asked mat Rogers if he'd like Hannant at the club lol.

However it pans out this is a poor start to the season for the club.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Hating Hannant or dropping him to NSW cup won't make it better for anyone...

He's leaving.

Get over it.
We could always blood someone else or several players over the course of the year.

our media manager just said on 2sm that Hannant is happy at the dogs but his mrs is homesick, but he will play the 2010 season as normal and then at the end will sit down and discuss the future, but its business as usual for this year, hannant is happy at the club so dont worry. SOURCE 2SM
What ben is happy with doesn't really matter

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he and his missus are so friggin prone to becoming homesick, perhaps he should have insisted on a "get out" clause in his contract.
This will test Greenburger's negotiation skills in obtaining suitable player(s) in return for an early release.

FFS.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
The saddest part of this for me is that I liked the bloke and now I've lost some respect for him. Not all though because it must be hard leaving most of your relos but he knew that before leaving.

It's going to be tough getting a player of equal calibre, especially if the club let him go this season, which by the way Greenberg was talking, they may do.

66srsen66

\m/ \m/
Reaction score
Of course his manager would say that he is happy and staying put for 2010. Not that i think he necessarily is going, but his manager would say whatever is best for the club in the short term. Media management.

Means Hickey would have to step up i guess.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Let him go back to qld, don't trade him to another club, make him sit out the season. He's a football player ffs. His missus needs a massive spoon of harden the fucck up

66srsen66

\m/ \m/
Reaction score
I expect some 'breaking news' on The Footy Show tonight. I bet they get the scoop.

Also, being the 'family club' it would be against our interest and public profile to ignore his wife's homesick ways....

bullfrog_rip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lets trade him to the titans, any titan forwards who are good enough?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hannant is a person of integrity who will honour an agreement because his principles demand that he does. But, if it is causing stress within his family, we should allow him to go. He would be breaking the contract, so a payout clause should not apply.

A swap with a willing Qld club might be the best result for all concerned - provided that the players being exchanged won't also get homesick.

This is not panning out to be our year.

Earthquake

In Des We Trust
Reaction score
I hope this isn't true. Ben should honour his contract, his Mrs can go live in Qld if she wants. Hodgo's Mrs lives in another state but Hodgo is still a proud Bulldog.

Status
Not open for further replies.