Henjak says negotiations with Hunt had adverse affect on Broncos' recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Brisbane are in trouble for the next few years and won't contend for a while until all of these youngsters get used to the NRL.

Their pack is and will be way too weak to get them anywhere and they only have themselves to blame, not Hunt or anything else.
they have had the best forward pack... i mean SOO forwards for nearly 20 years and looking at their pack it is soft as marshmallows.

they have forwards like clinton and sims and do these 2 provide for them?

B.A.Baracus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not that bad. I don't know what other systems are suitable.
Each team plays each other twice over a season. Home and Away.

The team that finishes top after all rounds are completed will be crowned Champions. Rightly so, as they were the better side over the course of the whole season, home and away against each team in the comp.

The top four can have a play off for a different trophy, sponsored by someone other than Telstra, who sposor the Premiership. Thus bringing in more money for the game, not forgetting the media w@nkfest over the "RUGBY LEAGUE CUP FINAL SERIES".

That is my dream! Should I replace David Gallop?

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
Agreed. Brisbane easily got the best crops of young, talented players.

I think the Broncos will end up making the finals. I expect Penrith to choke soon.
Maybe but the young talented players can take time too. We might just scrape into the finals but then we'd end up playing someone like the Dragons, Dogs or Titans, and Im not sure we're up to that unless we turn our form around asap.

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score

The team that finishes top after all rounds are completed will be crowned Champions. Rightly so, as they were the better side over the course of the whole season, home and away against each team in the comp.

The top four can have a play off for a different trophy, sponsored by someone other than Telstra, who sposor the Premiership. Thus bringing in more money for the game, not forgetting the media w@nkfest over the "RUGBY LEAGUE CUP FINAL SERIES".

anticlimax.

B.A.Baracus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
anticlimax.
How? Look how close it is at the top this season. Wouldn't you love it if St.George slipped up, we went top and stayed there?

Rather that than useless feckin clubs who lose ten games a season but still make the "finals".

That makes the whole season pointless untill your so called "climax".

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

That isn't that big a change except your calling the Minor Premiership, the Champions, and the Telstra Premiership the something else Premiership (and your dropping the 8 to 4 which means less finals football).

You could replace Gallop, but only because he has no good ideas either :p

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
pretty much would become "soccer"

no thanks, i like the way it is, just move it from a top 8 to a top 5

B.A.Baracus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
pretty much would become "soccer"

no thanks, i like the way it is, just move it from a top 8 to a top 5
I'd prefer a top 5 to a top 8.

If the jammy bron****s sneak the top 8 then make the grand final, I'll be feckin annoyed.

It will be an injustice. How many games have they lost this season? How many points have they conceded? Not exactly "champions material".

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Brisbane's decision to release the likes of Bulldogs stars Ben Hannant, Michael Ennis and David Stagg - all in red-hot form - has raised eyebrows.

"I would have liked to kept a few of those blokes but we had to re-sign Karmichael this year and we thought that was going to happen," Henjak said.
How did that work out for you?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In two years they lost:

1- Karmichael Hunt (Aus and SOO Rep)
2- Denan Kemp (Was good at Broncos but turned into rubbish at Once Were)
3- Joel Moon OR
4-
5- Darius Boyd (SOMEHOW an Aus and SOO rep)
6- Joel Moon (Bit of a dud anyway)
7-
8- Ben Hannant (SOO rep and soon to be international)
9- Michael Ennis (SOO rep. Top 3 hookers of the game)
10-
11- Greg Eastwood (NZ international)
12-
13- David Stagg (Lockyer cries his name at night)

14- Dave Taylor
15-
16-
17-

And gained.

1-
2-
3-
4- Israel Folau OR
5- Israel Folau (Depending on how Ivan Cognac feels that morning)
6-
7-
8-
9- Aaron Gorrell (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!)
10-
11-
12-
13-

14-
15- Lagi Setu (He made that one good hit once, remember?)
16-
17- Ben Teo (Who or what is a Ben Teo?)

Back away from your wife/sister/mother, Broncos supporters and demand answers.

Last edited by a moderator:

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
they can turn there 09 season around with marquee signing Aaron Gorrell leading the way.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
the broncos are failing big time....and personally i think that they should give themselves an uppercut

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the broncos are failing big time....and personally i think that they should give themselves an uppercut
they have just been so good over the last 20years that this year looks bad but how many clubs would love to be in there position just outside with a chance to make the 8

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
they have just been so good over the last 20years that this year looks bad but how many clubs would love to be in there position just outside with a chance to make the 8
that's what i'm saying...this year for them has been awful...but football is a funny game and they still have a chance to make the 8....you never know what will happen

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How many clubs would love a whole city and virtually a whole state to themselves, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.