Heath Streak dead

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
IMG_0244.jpeg

Heaths wife has just confirmed the sad news. Atleast he had the blessing to pass away with all his loved ones by his side.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think initial reports were premature, but he has been very sick, and as posted above, his passing has been confirmed by family today.

Was a really good bowler back in the day. Zimbabwe had some serious players back then with Streak and the Flower brothers.

RIP

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Apprehensive to say RIP again in case he pops up alive again but my RiP from the first page stands

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think initial reports were premature, but he has been very sick, and as posted above, his passing has been confirmed by family today.

Was a really good bowler back in the day. Zimbabwe had some serious players back then with Streak and the Flower brothers.

RIP
Streak and Andy Flower could have walked into any international side in their day.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Andy was one of the best batsman in the world at one point.
Andy WAS the best batsman in the world at one point.
Through most of 2001, he held the number one ranking.
And remember that was an era of Matt Hayden, Ponting, Lara, Sachin, Sangakkara, Kallis, Vaughn, Gilchrist etc
And he did a chunk of it having to come in at scores like 2/14.

Streak was ok the same length. In todays world he may have been considered the worlds best test all rounder. I don’t recall his rank but he would have only been behind probably Pollock from SA and would have been ahead of anyone we had like Watson. Hence why he was selected in the world 11 against Australia Bettie he has to pull out and be replaced by Flintofd

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still remember his 5 for against the Aussies , RIP

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
One of my favs that not many people would know of, let alone remember, is just before the racial purge of whites from the team by corrupt admin like Ozias Bvute, one of them made a wild justification/claim that Heath was past his best anyway and wasn’t needed over a young black bowler (he was about 30) and the next day in the domestic game he came out and took a 7ferz Something like 7/50, just to make a point he was an elite paceman.

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Also despite being a proud white man he spoke the language of the black man from the south fluently!

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One of my favs that not many people would know of, let alone remember, is just before the racial purge of whites from the team by corrupt admin like Ozias Bvute, one of them made a wild justification/claim that Heath was past his best anyway and wasn’t needed over a young black bowler (he was about 30) and the next day in the domestic game he came out and took a 7ferz Something like 7/50, just to make a point he was an elite paceman.
Zimbabwe got their justice when they got rid of the whites and went into a famine not long after

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Zimbabwe got their justice when they got rid of the whites and went into a famine not long after
This is what the white people can look forward too when they are a true minority.
All this justified racism we see because they aren’t the minority is also seen when they are a small minority. I always think of Zimbabwe when I think of allowable anti white sentiment.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is what the white people can look forward too when they are a true minority.
All this justified racism we see because they aren’t the minority is also seen when they are a small minority. I always think of Zimbabwe when I think of allowable anti white sentiment.
As a 6 ft 5 125kg pure white I welcome the racism. Ain’t met a racist Colored I ain’t knocked out