Hayze Perham Appreciation Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Personally think he has been low key good the first two rounds and bounced back after two poor showings in the all stars and trial match. Kinda got Edwards and CNK type vibes from him...high workrate, defensive type fullback. Struggling to inject himself in attack but I don't think that's purely all on him.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
When's the last time our fullback made a linebreak up the middle like that with acceleration and footwork? 2012?

I had low expectations. Was just happy with someone who can catch a bomb for a change on a consistent basis. Would love to see him pop up behind Alamoti or Averillo to create the extra man.

Seems to be in the defensive line a lot. Is that something new that Cirro has brought over from Penrith?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The first game he was pretty average but he was good against Melbourne. Showed great acceleration. The break he made no one supported him which was a shame. Hopefully he gets more involved in the coming weeks because his speed is enough of a threat to create space for others.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He'll definitely gain some confidence from that performance against the Storm. Was safe at the back when they kicked to him and he had strong carries when returning the ball. The pleasing aspect was that he was in the right places when we were defending our own try line. Def an upside to him after that performance. Kid just needs to back himself.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I recall about 19 other options(slightly exaggerating)suggested by negatories because he was "fukn hopeless" LOL ... oh yeh and the obligatory "how dumb is the coach" b.s too.

He is new and finding his feet yet doing pretty well i think.Hope he continues in that vain, he looks fairly elusive too.
Marley its nice to see you wrapping the lad.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Personally think he has been low key good the first two rounds and bounced back after two poor showings in the all stars and trial match. Kinda got Edwards and CNK type vibes from him...high workrate, defensive type fullback. Struggling to inject himself in attack but I don't think that's purely all on him.
Is he a better FB than Smashed Avo?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully this thread doesn’t turn into a commentators curse type of thing and he has a Elliot game at belmore :p

For the price paid and the fact the guy has been a reserve grader his whole career you have to say he is far exceeding expectation. For people to think he will kill it in the 1 is a pipe dream. All we can expect is for him to be solid and defensively be on point. The future of the 1 lies elsewhere for us. But as a stop gap for the price paid we couldn’t have asked for better.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Speed an footwork. Good to have that in a FB again. He will get better an probably be very dangerous once he’s settled in his position.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good ball runner in attack,but his positional play in defence is pretty ordinary, if he can fix that he will be a solid NRL fb

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was concerned, and very disapointed with his trial form. But against melbourne he showed what he is capable of. Had a great game.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If can transform into an attacking fb like barba and a defence fb like the general I’ll be happy. Is that asking too much? Lol

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The all stars and trial he looked horrible. Credit to him he’s bounced back and looked good in both games since. Didn’t overplay his hand and was great in the storm game.