Hayward - What's Ciraldo's plan here?

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
His role is to play the ball distributor just like Salmon.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He is not an option at 7. He has been underwhelming in the half back role in the last couple of years. Seems to have found his spot in the hooker / lock role. As others said he will play the Kurt Mann role when he's out and eventually when Man retires
He showed more potential last year in Reserve Grade in the Halves than BBO. The team was killing it with Hayward and everything died when BBO came back.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His Achilles heal? Wondering what Gus' input is with Hutch. We need a fly on the wall lol
Yep his biggest fault. From what Ciraldo said Gus doesn't get involved in team selections at all. Wish he would give some friendly advice on this one

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep his biggest fault. From what Ciraldo said Gus doesn't get involved in team selections at all. Wish he would give some friendly advice on this one
Gus wouldn't be much different than us Kennellers with the friendly advice lol

For all we know CC may well be thinking its time to go to Phase 2 with the team. Maybe he is thinking its time to give the team a 7 or as was suggested by a wise Kenneller on here...he might wait till after the bye.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I highly doubt CC will change the halfback this week when we play a team that we should beat especially with the bye the week after

I find it quite funny that some of you still don't understand what type of coach CC is , he picks his team on defence 1st attack 2nd

Obviously Hutcho attack hasn't been the greatest but his defence has been pretty good so far and his organisational skills must be better for the team then the other players we have atm

CC picking Sexton the last 2 weeks as 18th man must give an indication that's he getting closer to picking him over hutcho , I reckon if we lose to the knights this week then Sexton will get his shot and it will probably be for the same amount of time that hutcho got whether we are winning or losing

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Idk but he had a great debut. A little taste of firsts will be good for him. He had a good dig.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In 30 minutes already better than hutch surely bench till mann is back taafe at 7

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many hooker / ball playing locks can we have? Mann, Salmon, Haywood, Turpin. Edwards played that role last year.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I highly doubt CC will change the halfback this week when we play a team that we should beat especially with the bye the week after

I find it quite funny that some of you still don't understand what type of coach CC is , he picks his team on defence 1st attack 2nd

Obviously Hutcho attack hasn't been the greatest but his defence has been pretty good so far and his organisational skills must be better for the team then the other players we have atm

CC picking Sexton the last 2 weeks as 18th man must give an indication that's he getting closer to picking him over hutcho , I reckon if we lose to the knights this week then Sexton will get his shot and it will probably be for the same amount of time that hutcho got whether we are winning or losing
How has his defence been “pretty good”? Can someone please post the missed tackle counts for J_B to see?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How has his defence been “pretty good”? Can someone please post the missed tackle counts for J_B to see?
There's this weird narrative that has snuck in this season that apparently Hutcho is a top tier defender and Sexton is hopeless lol

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't know why everyone is saying it's a game we should win ? Have a look at the Knights results very similar to ours if we dont turn up we'll get rolled

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's this weird narrative that has snuck in this season that apparently Hutcho is a top tier defender and Sexton is hopeless lol
There's always been a narrative on TK that halves have to be top tier defenders.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
if we dont turn up we'll get rolled
Well, of course. Which team is that not true for?
We bring our attitude and defence, then the only thing stopping us is ourselves (in attack) - which was true in the Souths & Melbourne losses (that we should have won).

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Kennel knows nothing about defence when it comes to halves ... Cogger was always roasted for being a shit defender even though he always put his body infront and played the right man.
He's currently defending at 95% efficiency with 146/153.

Our former attacking handbrake Flanno is the next best on 93% 125/135.
Unfortunately Hutchinson is 83% 136/163, dunno what Ciraldo sees in him because attack isn't there and defence is worse than Flanno.