Hasler's magic touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I couldn't give a fcuk about des and his "halves" magic. Leave the halves to Jim dymock or bring in someone else other than Egan the retard

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I reserve the right to change my opinion after round 5 where I will re-evaluate.

PS I haven't felt this so uninterested in a season in a long time.
Im kinda the other way. I dont think we can have WORSE suspension or injury luck to key players this year surely, and have the players and coach to win the thing, if things click.

We bumbled to equal 4th last year and things can go a lot better easily. Even just a few luckier weeks for a few extra wins would do, it cements us in the top 4, which is what we need to do to be a chance of winning the comp.

Time will tell us if Hod was a big loss. Depends on MBye. I think until proven otherwise either way, Hopoate is an equal swap for Lafai (not a loss or gain yet). Both are capable players who didnt play to their potential in 2015. Our squad is otherwise not majorly changed. Big Frank is a good player but we dont seem to have issues finding skillful large players.

Klemhammer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
do you think this is the last year for Des if we dont even make the 8?

when his contract is up?
We will never ever ever realese Hasler, he'll leave on his own time.

Hasler is a SuperCoach whether you like it or not

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I reserve the right to change my opinion after round 5 where I will re-evaluate.

PS I haven't felt this so uninterested in a season in a long time.

my interest level for next season dropped considerably when we released cook, i was so looking forward to cook in 2016 and then getting rid of lafai.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
my interest level for next season dropped considerably when we released cook, i was so looking forward to cook in 2016 and then getting rid of lafai.
The fact Cook played well probably increased the chance he would be going. He showed other clubs he was ready to fire in FG, so his departure was inevitable. We were not going to pay 2 hookers FG pay, bugger all clubs carry an extra good hooker. And the club and Des had invested a lot in Lichaa and his development, there was no chance they were going to give up on him after a rookie season, the year after getting him.

Last edited by a moderator:

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Moses Mbye will be our kicker. He has booted them over from the sideline so he has got the ability. IMO if he gets Daryl Halligan type coaching he will kick 'em like Hazem did.

The halves pairing is still a problem with loose canon Reynolds still likely to be a brainsnaper.

And the questions I would love to get a truthful answer to is: "Is Brett Morris knee still buggered after his stem cell surgery (which was brought to light on The Kennel some time ago) and can brother Josh still just run a straight line with his 2014 knee injury still preventing his step and swerve"?
Our success will rest in mbye if he fires we will win the Comp

Just can't see it happening based on the rubbish he produced in the second half of last year

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Laf will carve is up this year when we play stmerge

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why couldn't we have both lichaa and cook in the 17
every other top team uses 2 hooker rotation except us
even Melb give smith a spell from hooker and use hinchcliffe at times
imagine lichaa for first 25 mins of each half and cook the last 15 running amok through the opposition tiring defences.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Laf will carve is up this year when we play stmerge

going by history of our ex players giving us a pine apple in their first game against us,

I can bet my left nut that lafai will give it to us.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why couldn't we have both lichaa and cook in the 17
every other top team uses 2 hooker rotation except us
even Melb give smith a spell from hooker and use hinchcliffe at times
imagine lichaa for first 25 mins of each half and cook the last 15 running amok through the opposition tiring defences.
Like 3 clubs sub there hookers lol. Melbourne rarely ever sub Smith, only time i see them do it is during SOO or if they have a huge lead.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Like 3 clubs sub there hookers lol. Melbourne rarely ever sub Smith, only time i see them do it is during SOO or if they have a huge lead.
When was the last time the Premiers used only 1 hooker? I can't honestly remember.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As a whole. Lack of confidence in Brett playing out the year as fb. Halves make me nervous, forward pack outta balance, Hoppa and Perret on the same edge along with Reynolds...hardly over the top. Over the top is Finchie smashing the Perrets or me smashing Reynolds lol.
I dont see how the pack is out of balance.
Big guys in the middle, smaller more mobile guys on the edges. 1 utility sub, 3 middle subs.
Seems pretty standard to me.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still, with the cook love, on here ???
WTF ? he played a few game at the end of the season and was good in 50% of them.
People are blinded by the good stuff he did. He did some average stuff too.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I dont see how the pack is out of balance.
Big guys in the middle, smaller more mobile guys on the edges. 1 utility sub, 3 middle subs.
Seems pretty standard to me.
We carry 6 props into a game ffs. We need to easily dump one in favour of a small forward and play a REAL lock and not another prop. Our forwards lack intensity in attack and defence, how can you possibly say it is balanced?

It is ridiculous that Graham and Tolman grind out 65+ mins each week so that we can carry other players for shorter stints. Massive reason why we lack intenisty each week.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Technically you are correct because Luke was suspended.
I don't recall Souths using 2 hookers regularly during the season either and definitely not in the finals series. I remember there was plenty of talk about how big there bench was too because they had 4 forwards. If Luke hadn't been suspended they wouldn't have carried a hooker on the bench anyway. It was always Mcinnes or Koroisau to come in for Luke.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Marley u are a retard
im more referring to the future with reduced interchange and increase ruck speed
also Cowboys use Granville and kostyason, roosters use friend and Hastings, Souths used two, many will use two this year.
I'm not saying it's a must but looking forward cook could have been massive for us!!!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Plus I'd rather cook on the bench than that soft ***** Lloyd perret and Hasler never uses the 4th forward more than 5 mins anyway.
anyhow I'd go
6. Moses
7. Chisolm
14. Ur best friend and favourite player of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.