has james graham lost his mongrel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Take the captaincy off him. He has turned into a little wimp on the field when talking to the refs - hands behind back, or arms on hip with a shake of head or a quiet wimper etc.

Please take it off him. Its an embarassent what he has been turned into. Let him be the mongrel non-captain rather than the chihuahua unnatural captain.

He can be a leader in other ways without the C next to him name.
I dopn't think he has gone wimpey. But one thing is for sure... he was a better captain than Ennis without the "C".

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is overrated. Good prop but not an elite prop like Bromwich, Scott, etc. He gets dominated far to easily and runs sideways far to much.
That's has got to be your dumbest post out of all ur lame stupid ones ,if I had the option of a finger, not a thumb ,I'll give u the middle one to get STUFFED!!
I'm sick of ur negative bs comments on our team and players .If ur only here to posts shit up and not support our team ,win or lose,then send urself to the nearest rsl to play bingo and take it out on them granny's ,that's the people u belong too !!
So take urself to the nearest club ,u should have fun u flop!!

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There's a reason James is not the player he initially was when he arrived, imagine playing in super league, where they actually play rugby with full contact and cheer big hits, then you get thrown into the NRL where a big hit either gets you suspended or hailed a hero depending on who you are and what club you play for? Where players stay down if an opponents breath hits them above the shoulders, a f*cking game where the rules are changed on a weekly basis to gradually turn it into touch footy with soccer theatrics.

I'd be pretty f*cking disappointed if I was constantly told to put on a smile for the media every time I got f*cked with a really bad call from the referees too. I don't blame James at all, if he stands up and speaks out on behalf of the players, he gets suspended, so now he's just conformed and has to take every game changing call and shut his mouth, which doesn't seem to sit well with the same fans who ride him for getting suspended!

The fact is, in super league, this is how they are, they're loud and aggressive, that's the norm, when he's shouting at a referee, he's not trying to be intimidating, he's being himself. If they stop hiring emotionally f*cking crippled referees who seem to take a d*ck pretty well but can't handle a little shouting, then that's the NRLs problem. Don't f*cking force the entire game to suit the officials.. that's not how this game works!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well, I saw a prime example last night as to how James has finally and utterly been worn down by the NRL and its officials. When the try signal was given prior to the video ref being asked to make a decision, Jimmy knew. As he approached Matt Chechin to question his decision regarding the awarding of the Kane Evans try he had a look of resignation on his face as firstly Chechin smiled at him, shook his head, shrugged his shoulders and basically dismissed him as has been done all year. Said referee then stood there looking rather pleased with himself while everyone else in the stadium bar he and the video shafters watched the replay and knew Evans had not scored. Wonder how Raelene viewed the incident from within the kennel area? When you see a player held there for so long (about 7 seconds) and the clearly audible held call you would expect that the ruling would have not even been necessary. No such luck. And guess what; to add further insult Aiden Guerra weighed in with his two cents worth and told everyone today that sometimes " Not everyone can be happy, tough titties". An acknowledgement that the officials did get it wrong?

Additionally the RTS try that followed immediately came off the back of not one, but two very forward passes and any pleas from our players was put aside by the four officials that did not see it. I saw it and I guarantee that most of the other spectators did as well. Will the video refs ever be able to rule on this; supposedly the new you beaut bunker system will have mega camera angles for more consistency and apparently the camera angle aspect of a forward pass ruling has always been the sticking point.

Why as a Captain can you not talk to the referee about a decision? Let's be clear; even our co- captain Aiden Tolman is dismissed off hand. As soon as we look to even open our mouths we are shot down; let's get real the U20 captain challenge basically gives you that chance to ask the question and that is an NRL brainchild. Yep they encourage you to challenge a decision but when you get to the big boys, don't you dare.

This goes straight to the overall inconsistency and lack of respect by the match officials themselves. Our Captain is practically crucified by the NRL and the media after Black Friday but then we see several instances where a player has approached the referee and actually sworn e.g.. 'You're f@cking kidding? Nathan Peats; Adam Reynolds, JT etc. total sum of response by the official NIL. No penalty, no sanctions by the NRL.

It seems that when we do the right thing it is perceived as wrong. We took our Black Friday punishment because we believed it was the correct thing to do and the NRL 'advised' us to do so, otherwise repercussions may have been more dire. Other clubs saw it as a complete admission of guilt without a reason; we had a reason, the officials did not want to listen.

Honestly don't know whether or not he will have the captaincy next year, probably he does not want it ; the added pressure has affected his game even though he stated he was honoured to have the (C) next to his name. If not him, Tolman perhaps but then who?

Diesel

Waterboy
Reaction score
Next year Tolman is going to be worth his weight in gold. He will allow us to rotate between Kasiano, Klemmer and hopefully Eseese for impact. However I believe he should only be taking hit ups when absolutely necessary, keep fresh for defence. Graham needs to be able to play his natural game, as a third spearhead in attack. BMoz has looked at his best running off Graham's hip, this isn't a coincidence - Graham has got phenomenal timing and is able to read a game better than most.
You are overstating the impact of the interchange change. We virtually use only two at the moment and rarely use the 10. Klemmer is capable of playing big minutes. Kasiano and Eastwood are probably the only two who can't.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That's has got to be your dumbest post out of all ur lame stupid ones ,if I had the option of a finger, not a thumb ,I'll give u the middle one to get STUFFED!!
I'm sick of ur negative bs comments on our team and players .If ur only here to posts shit up and not support our team ,win or lose,then send urself to the nearest rsl to play bingo and take it out on them granny's ,that's the people u belong too !!
So take urself to the nearest club ,u should have fun u flop!!
Don't cry, bro.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't cry, bro.
Give captaincy to josh morris.. he doesnt have too many touches of the ball.. let our forwards focus not try organise others.

We need graham next year as a wild man.. round 1 he should come out with vaseline on his legs to say hes back. Send morris out as captain

CHUCKYBOY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He's obviously lost passion for the game he even says it in interviews with all these new rules the game has become soft and you can tell Graham hates it won't be suprised if he goes back to England soon
Who could blame him after he found out how corrupt this game really has become. The man is a beast on the field and has proven that. But when he saw his club is being robbed and tried to defend it, he was crucified for it. And who out there supported him besides us fans? NOBODY. So it would not surprise me at all if he packs up and leaves the NRL that is on a big downslide.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think he took a while to get over his injuries he had close together not long ago. He also probably was better when he only had to run the forwards, than when running the whole team, but tbh i do not have a better choice for captain from the current side.

Id rather it be a player who is always on the field for 80 minutes and a lower risk of injury, ie not a forward. So what experienced player that isnt a forward do we have to choose from?

TBH i think our biggest issue isnt captaining or any particular player, its the coaching. We havent looked convincing all year and dont seem to address issues or try new things. Thats coaching. Des is living on his reputation from the past, he has done nothing that say Dymock couldnt have done since he arrived.

Bennett is the only super coach in the NRL. Hes taken 2 teams to GFs and has more premierships than any current coach or any coach i remember in the past also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Seeing Dylan napa mouth off at Graham pissed me off big time. Showed a lack of respect and now I know how Corey Parker felt when klemmer kept going at him in origin

TopDog91

Waterboy
Reaction score
I agree that the captaincy has adversely affected graham. He has been too burdened by the responsibility. They must make Tolman/Jackson the new captain.

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seeing Dylan napa mouth off at Graham pissed me off big time. Showed a lack of respect and now I know how Corey Parker felt when klemmer kept going at him in origin
Looked like graham mouthed off at napa and it was over a soft shot on Eastwood, our whole team have turned into a bunch of pussies crying for penalties every tackle

Bongo

I miss Lachlan Lewis
Reaction score
f--K said this months ago that captaincy has affected his game, every man and his dog should know that. Not the same player and even Des was taking him off a lot this season compared to last. I am sure that they will review the captaincy next season and we will have a new Captain they just didn't want to do it though this season as the media mongrels would have had a field day and it also would have disrupted the team.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The only way Graham wont be Captain of fhe dogs is when he no longer plays for us...i wouldn't be to upset if that happened sooner rather than later tbh. His ridiculous Salary could go along way to us recruiting an experienced half.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I saw a prime example last night as to how James has finally and utterly been worn down by the NRL and its officials. When the try signal was given prior to the video ref being asked to make a decision, Jimmy knew. As he approached Matt Chechin to question his decision regarding the awarding of the Kane Evans try he had a look of resignation on his face as firstly Chechin smiled at him, shook his head, shrugged his shoulders and basically dismissed him as has been done all year. Said referee then stood there looking rather pleased with himself while everyone else in the stadium bar he and the video shafters watched the replay and knew Evans had not scored. Wonder how Raelene viewed the incident from within the kennel area? When you see a player held there for so long (about 7 seconds) and the clearly audible held call you would expect that the ruling would have not even been necessary. No such luck. And guess what; to add further insult Aiden Guerra weighed in with his two cents worth and told everyone today that sometimes " Not everyone can be happy, tough titties". An acknowledgement that the officials did get it wrong?

Additionally the RTS try that followed immediately came off the back of not one, but two very forward passes and any pleas from our players was put aside by the four officials that did not see it. I saw it and I guarantee that most of the other spectators did as well. Will the video refs ever be able to rule on this; supposedly the new you beaut bunker system will have mega camera angles for more consistency and apparently the camera angle aspect of a forward pass ruling has always been the sticking point.

Why as a Captain can you not talk to the referee about a decision? Let's be clear; even our co- captain Aiden Tolman is dismissed off hand. As soon as we look to even open our mouths we are shot down; let's get real the U20 captain challenge basically gives you that chance to ask the question and that is an NRL brainchild. Yep they encourage you to challenge a decision but when you get to the big boys, don't you dare.

This goes straight to the overall inconsistency and lack of respect by the match officials themselves. Our Captain is practically crucified by the NRL and the media after Black Friday but then we see several instances where a player has approached the referee and actually sworn e.g.. 'You're f@cking kidding? Nathan Peats; Adam Reynolds, JT etc. total sum of response by the official NIL. No penalty, no sanctions by the NRL.

It seems that when we do the right thing it is perceived as wrong. We took our Black Friday punishment because we believed it was the correct thing to do and the NRL 'advised' us to do so, otherwise repercussions may have been more dire. Other clubs saw it as a complete admission of guilt without a reason; we had a reason, the officials did not want to listen.

Honestly don't know whether or not he will have the captaincy next year, probably he does not want it ; the added pressure has affected his game even though he stated he was honoured to have the (C) next to his name. If not him, Tolman perhaps but then who?
Take some satisfaction from last night's game when the Roosters complained about forward passes and a disallowed try. Then look at how "gracious" the Roosters were toward the referee over the disallowed try. Double standards, but this time I'm OK if the Chooks are getting a bit of their own back.

Status
Not open for further replies.