Has Frawley convinced you yet?

Has Frawley convinced you yet?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He played very well in the 7, and with Josh Reynolds. He is not as effective with Mbye who does not do much to help him.
He is the best option to play in the 7, with Foran in 6.
Best half of footy this yr was when Reynolds did his Hammy and It was Mbye, Frawley in the halves against Canberra. Frawley knew how to stop the line from rushing up on Mbye and co time to ball play.

I still think it should be Foran/Reynolds combo next yr though.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Best half of footy this yr was when Reynolds did his Hammy and It was Mbye, Frawley in the halves against Canberra. Frawley knew how to stop the line from rushing up on Mbye and co time to ball play.

I still think it should be Foran/Reynolds combo next yr though.
Had to check the time you posted this. Did you really post this a minute ago? Reynolds and Foran next year? Might be hard for Reynolds to read the play from Leichardt

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's only been a few games. I'm sure he's been instructed to play it safe, as he grows in confidence we may see more tools in his cabinet.

But give it time before drawing a conclusion, I want to not only see the kicking and controlling side but also his passing range and ability to put players into wholes etc
Na we won't see anymore other than a few flashes here and there, he's playing to our systems now.

Des has to be the most stubborn **** in rugby league. All he has to do is make a few tweaks to our systems to suit our players strengths, instead the **** is obsessed with shit like completion rates instead of us actually playing smart footy and using the ball effectively.

We have a bloke in Frawley that actually has a skillset that resembles some sort of halfback. The best skill he has looks to be his ability to play straight and bring others onto the ball...so why the fuck does Des play him wide and not on either side of the ruck?

All the **** has done is hold our players back with his negative style of coaching and lack of flexibility and development. He doesn't make use of what he actually has and is too set in playing a certain way despite the actual strength or weakness of the player infront of him.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
in simple words he is an average half, does stuff what normal halves do at other teams.

yet he is the best half we had since kimmorley, and this is the reason why every one is praising him over here.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any chance with Walker?
He is contracted with Souffs until 2019 I read.
According to Nine's Wide World of Sports (22 hours ago), Walker is unhappy at South's and is hoping 'to get an early release and pick up a new club for 2018'. There are already reports that Broncos want him. It really annoys me how the Broncos are favourites to sign everyone with no salary cap problems. I want the dogs to get him. We need an indigenous player in our side.

Read more at http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/05/19/...h-sydney-far-from-settled#cxumE1f4hMRODFiJ.99

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
According to Nine's Wide World of Sports (22 hours ago), Walker is unhappy at South's and is hoping 'to get an early release and pick up a new club for 2018'. There are already reports that Broncos want him. It really annoys me how the Broncos are favourites to sign everyone with no salary cap problems. I want the dogs to get him. We need an indigenous player in our side.

Read more at http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/05/19/...h-sydney-far-from-settled#cxumE1f4hMRODFiJ.99
You mean apart from Elliott?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If Mbye didn't starve him of ball he'd be better.
Mbye starved him of the ball? So people have gone from claiming Moses goes missing to him now hogging the ball. Lol yh okay, makes perfect sense. Not.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean apart from Elliott?
We actually have a few Indigenous players within the ranks. I believe Garvey is also Indigenous. Correction: We need more indigenous talent.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's got all the skills needed to be a good 7. Whether he has the confidence to be our on field general remains to be seen. He has displayed a better kicking game than Mbye and Reynolds who tend to mostly use the low floating kick across the field more often than I like seeing it. But I want to see him develop more before I'm convinced he's the best long term option. I am convinced that he's a better 7 due to his kicking range than Reynolds or Mbye. He's also shown that he can see the opportunities to run the ball instead of kicking once or twice. But we've really got to give him more time to prove himself.

Once he convinces his team mates that he should be our first receiver in the last tackle we'll be able to judge better. Last game showed that Lichaa is still not giving him the chance yet. I hope we can see that change this week but I'm not sold on Lichaa as a decision maker either.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Had to check the time you posted this. Did you really post this a minute ago? Reynolds and Foran next year? Might be hard for Reynolds to read the play from Leichardt
Hahahahahahahahaha so funnyyyyyy! Is that really you Gordon Tallis?

It should HAVE BEEN Foran/Reynolds. Better Gordon?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This thread is ridiculously too soon, and a sign people here are running out of things to talk about
Do you want to whinge about anything else usually it's about Des threads then when there's a constructive conversation you whine about that to !

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do you want to whinge about anything else usually it's about Des threads then when there's a constructive conversation you whine about that to !
I agree with him on the point he's getting at but also think you have a valid point.

If this thread had been created in a month Frawley might have had 1 bad game and the knives would be out about him already so its good that it was started before then.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Des hates throwing inexperienced players into fulltime roles. Did it with Mbye, the game plan is probably for Mbye to take control of 5th tackle options so that Frawley can get used to 1st grade without the added pressure. Lichaa was probably told specifically to give it to Moses. Only problem is Moses isn't a game manager. Frawley should be touching the ball at least three times in a set consistently to truely evaluate if he's our future 7. In all its still two early to judge regardless, remember when Luke Brooks started like a house on fire, was going to be the next Joey, now look at him. Think there may be a method to Des' madness, make Frawley a slow burner so he don't end up like Most other hyped young halves

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can't judge on last game. Must have been Des game plan cos he got no quality ball, barely any ball at all. Lichaa just wouldn't go to him. A good half should demand ball especially in opposite 20m. I'm def not sold on him but surely he should be doing 90% of the kicking

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Frawley and Moses could work really well together if they changed positions. The thing that limits us is that there both lefties.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if he continues to play in the halves with Mbye at 7, he'll end up stacking shelves at Coles.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait until another team picks him up, and plays him in the right position then they win a premiership! In the mean time, we are scratching our heads asking why did we let him go!

Status
Not open for further replies.