Hanging Photos/Artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
my unit doesn't have any hooks left behind for photos/artwork/memorabilia, has anyone used these Command damage free hangers? are they good for something a few kg in weight?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
my unit doesn't have any hooks left behind for photos/artwork/memorabilia, has anyone used these Command damage free hangers? are they good for something a few kg in weight?
Yep. They work well and hold a fair bit of weight, but they don't like old/chalky paint. They work fine if there's several layers of paint but if the paint is fairly old or there aren't many layers they're not so "Damage free". I've only seen them cause damage to one wall though. Most of the time you just pull down on the sticky stuff and it comes off clean.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a good reason now to go to bunnings and buy a new drill and start making holes

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Yep. They work well and hold a fair bit of weight, but they don't like old/chalky paint. They work fine if there's several layers of paint but if the paint is fairly old or there aren't many layers they're not so "Damage free". I've only seen them cause damage to one wall though. Most of the time you just pull down on the sticky stuff and it comes off clean.
cool, think this place is about 10 yrs old, so it should be ok?

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a good reason now to go to bunnings and buy a new drill and start making holes
property manager replied to my email saying
no extra hooks be attached to the walls, as they will likely leave marks. If I put hooks up and they leave marks or damage, you will be responsible for the damage and therefore the cost of repair- possible even having to repaint the wall.As it is hard to correctly match paint colours, you may find whole walls would need re-painting, so this can become an expensive repair, when multiple walls are affected". There's no hooks in this entire unit

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
property manager replied to my email saying
no extra hooks be attached to the walls, as they will likely leave marks. If I put hooks up and they leave marks or damage, you will be responsible for the damage and therefore the cost of repair- possible even having to repaint the wall.As it is hard to correctly match paint colours, you may find whole walls would need re-painting, so this can become an expensive repair, when multiple walls are affected". There's no hooks in this entire unit
Bah easy as fuck to touch up. Grab a Stanley knife go to cut out a sqaure in corner of the cupboard bout the size of a 50c peace .
Bunning colour match
Grab 500m tin
Soms spack filler.
They also have these hooks thiner than a coathanger that you twist into the wall minimal damage and hold a fuck ton.
When time to move fill holes and finger paint easy as .i bet my left nut the agent could not find where they original were.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Avoid Command SHIT like the plague.... already cost me a few decent frames, and that's with double the strips required for their weight.

Bit of wind and the ***** rip straight off the wall.

Hit up their Facebook page, heaps of horror stories all the time from people.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Avoid Command SHIT like the plague.... already cost me a few decent frames, and that's with double the strips required for their weight.

Bit of wind and the ***** rip straight off the wall.

Hit up their Facebook page, heaps of horror stories all the time from people.
so if it's not hooks into the studs, don't bother?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
so if it's not hooks into the studs, don't bother?
Unless its something stupid heavy no need to go into the studs at all youd. be suprised how much weight some little fuckers can hang just on gyprock with minimal damage .

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Use this stuff....
IMG_2204.JPG

Unbelievably strong. Will never fall off. If you pulled it, it'd likely take the plaster or render with it.
When it's time to remove, it can be cut off with wire or a blade.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I put one up and a few hours later my Mrs text me a picture of a broken frame and a dented skirting board if our 2 week old place
Nothing beats a hole in the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.