Halves Lack Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our halves are clueless in directing this team around the park

They dont control our 5th tackles

Getting tackled on the 5th because the halves have passed it off isnt good enough

Reynolds and Mbye strengths are both ball running

Mbye should focus on taking the line on more. He doesnt do it enough, everytime he does we look dangerous

We really need a genuine halfback. They both are not number 7s

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Reynolds showed some positive glimpses but overall both halves just don't look like match winners. They don't seem to have the ability to take a game by the balls.

Reactions: DT

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That isn't the problem imo. Our halves don't even get the chance to control the team. We play through the motions each week. Tell me how a half is going to control a team when they arn't allowed in the middle third of the field? It is simply not possible. Des needs to go, we need a shake up.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reynolds showed some positive glimpses but overall both halves just don't look like match winners. They don't seem to have the ability to take a game by the balls.
Both have shown glimpses through their career.

They need to start owning games if were gonna be a serious contender.

Both need to do alot more

Both need to produce consistently

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Jmoz/Rona went really well last year and that was thanks to Pritchard.

Tony Williams needs to fark off ASAP.

Garvey must come onto the bench.

Des is our Brian Smith
Did Elliot get a run? I think a utility is needed on the bench if we aren't going to bother using the 4th forward.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did Elliot get a run? I think a utility is needed on the bench if we aren't going to bother using the 4th forward.
Browne played the first 20 and that's all the minutes he had

I think Elliott played the last 6 minutes.

Kas played the last 5 minutes when he should of played ATLEAST the last 10 minutes, 10 points behind.

We have teams rushing up on us and we NEVER put in a grubber or chip kick to counterattack the rushing in, BUT we put in a chip kick on the first tackle off a scrum. Thank you supercoach

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Des lost us this game.... To much defence not enough long kicking training.... Would it hurt to kick on the 4th ffs.
He fucked our interchange.... why have 3 props on the bench and a back rower thats get 0-6 minutes...
Yes T-Rex does fuck all, but why rest him then, especially when you have a fatigued Jackson having the worst game of his career (imo). Should have won tonight... Moses better start earning his asking price and demand the ball!

Round Of A-Paws

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cronk.

I don't understand why our line speed is continuously slow. The last 5 minutes of the match we were coming off our line quickly and bashing the Warriors, and we nearly stole victory. It must be the game plan Des sets out, surely.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cronk.

I don't understand why our line speed is continuously slow. The last 5 minutes of the match we were coming off our line quickly and bashing the Warriors, and we nearly stole victory. It must be the game plan Des sets out, surely.

you must have missed this post or the similar ones before that

Just like Clock work, week in week out, year after year.....

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
From where I was sitting Mbye was not calling shots and had one good run late almost set up try

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And thats a big problem from your halfback
I was watching him off the ball he was content to let Grub and Lichaa dictate seemed to flow in and out of the game

v disappointed in his play to the point I don't care if he doesn't sign

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Our halves are clueless in directing this team around the park

They dont control our 5th tackles

Getting tackled on the 5th because the halves have passed it off isnt good enough

Reynolds and Mbye strengths are both ball running

Mbye should focus on taking the line on more. He doesnt do it enough, everytime he does we look dangerous

We really need a genuine halfback. They both are not number 7s
Don't say that to loud you will be told that you're not a true fan. How dare you criticize the team?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
From where I was sitting Mbye was not calling shots and had one good run late almost set up try
How is he going to call the shots from the centres? Lol. There really is no point talking about it, under our structure our halves don't call the shots. We just play through the motions 99% of the time.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How is he going to call the shots from the centres? Lol. There really is no point talking about it, under our structure our halves don't call the shots. We just play through the motions 99% of the time.
Just looked like Grub had more say the dominant half or "centre' lol
We really needed either Lichaa or Mbye to stand up
Grub was not faultless but he had a dig and Hoppa and Perret again top shelf

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just looked like Grub had more say the dominant half or "centre' lol
We really needed either Lichaa or Mbye to stand up
Grub was not faultless but he had a dig and Hoppa and Perret again top shelf
Reynolds was about to lose the plot lol, probs why he started to play what was infront of him. Answer me this as you were at the game. How many times did our halves enter the middle third of the field on or off the ball?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
My sympathies to the loyal fans that went to the game. It should have been a better result; and could have if we had played with a margin of intensity.

How long does it take us to realise that plodding forwards who refuse to look for offloads are not going to win games. There is no speed from our line - forwards or backs. Every one of them stands flat. The Warriors showed us how hitting the ball at speed gains not only metres, but scores points.

I'm over second rate performances from the likes of Morris, Williams and Lichaa. Reynolds has to lift his game; and Mbye needs to learn how to kick tactically. Both halves have to shadow our forwards in the rare chance that an offload might come.

Our defence is good, but we can't expect to rely on that alone, especially when we give away consecutive sets of six on our line.

I'm sick of the rollercoaster. Can't we just be consistent this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.