News Half chance: Hutchison finally gets first shot at No.7 jersey

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sexton leaked at least 4 try’s individually in Reggie’s hutch saved one and didn’t leak any you do the math
He set up 2 tries and scored one hutch didn’t.
Sexton was defending next to a prop playing back row and perham. I’d take sexy over hutch any day

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I was right gut about Clifford though :tearsofjoy:
I still think he has alot to offer. Hoping he replaces Townsend around the halfway mark of the season as he's on borrowed time.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Anyone calling for Sexton over hutch obviously didn’t watch reggies today. While he’s a more creative half than Hutch in attack his defence is diabolical and with the pack we have we can’t afford to carry anyone defensively. If sexton plays FG today we lose that game by 40 plus it’s that simple.
I'm calling for Sexton over Burton :tearsofjoy:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I still think he has alot to offer. Hoping he replaces Townsend around the halfway mark of the season as he's on borrowed time.
Nah won’t happen they dropped him back to pride and the blackhawkes are the feeder for the cows and they have some good young guns coming through. Jake is a bandaid for injuries.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm calling for any 5/8th that can do the job, doesn't matter who.
That’s the key issue bro Burton has to go, but I don’t know if sexton will be that much of an upgrade particularly defensively.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It all starts with a half back. 5/8ths are just bonus halves. Without direction nothing changes. You could put Munster in this team and he’d do nothing.
Well at least Munster tries to do something.

But I get what you're saying and I will add we don't need just a HB, we need a whole spine.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Well at least Munster tries to do something.

But I get what you're saying and I will add we don't need just a HB, we need a whole spine.
We need props who can do the hard yards. Until that happens nothing changes. Halves need space to work.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That’s the key issue bro Burton has to go, but I don’t know if sexton will be that much of an upgrade particularly defensively.
Let's be honest, this year is a write off, ALL options should be tried out. We can't die wondering. We are going into the 10th year of shitness.

PS I thought you liked Burton lol or am I confused?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We need props who can do the hard yards. Until that happens nothing changes. Halves need space to work.
Obviously bro, I do know football.

But big money couldn't even entice props to come to this mess of a team with no coach and no spine.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If defence is the issue play Sexton and move Kikau to the right edge outside him and protect him. Preston better on left anyways.
Good coaches know how to do this. Eg Bennett getting Beau Scott to protect Soward.
Kikau is not a bodyguard type defender. He is a solid defender but lacks the lateral movement to be covering a weak defender.

Agree Preston is better on the Left. Has Kikau ever played on the right? I think both Kikau & Burton both left side players that don’t know where the right side is.

The left edge should be:
5. Xerri
4. Burton
11. Kikau
6. Hutchison

The right edge should be:
2. Kiraz
3. Crichton
12. Preston
7. Sexton (have nobody else-possibly Taaffe)

1. Tracey (if fit comes straight in)

13. Curran must start at lock and play as many minutes as possible. He was our best last night.

9. Mahoney was also one of our best but he needs to play 60minutes max. He need a rest.

Our number one issue last night, more so than the lack of a playmaker is clearly our lack of size and go forward in the middle. Whoever it is I don’t know but we need 4 big Props in the 17.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sexton is better. He killed it in nsw cup this week, and Hutchinson played like a utility playing half, which he is

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He set up 2 tries and scored one hutch didn’t.
Sexton was defending next to a prop playing back row and perham. I’d take sexy over hutch any day
Parra targetted that side on the edge in Cup: not thru the middle. 2nd row and centre had more to do with that busted defence than on Sexton.

Neither of them are the answer to our many problems but Hutch has less upside than Sexton. Ciro makes the call tho.

Reactions: CMP

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hutchison is a 6 not a 7.
Yes and Burton not a 6. Seems simple and now a necessity to make these changes. Hutch 6 sexton 7 xerri 3 kiraz 2 Burton reserves. But cerealdud won't make any changes apart from addo carr not playing. Or after what I saw yesterday he may still put him on next week.