Official Haas rejects 3 clubs including Bulldogs

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Anyone who ever thought Haas or Tino were a chance of joining us were crazy..
Agree but I don't blame them for wishing and hoping...we are a joke and not even the shadow of our former selves.

Maybe if we even make the finals next year we can start to attract "medium" fish.

Until then, we have to TRY to be a champion team before becoming a team of champions.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree but I don't blame them for wishing and hoping...we are a joke and not even the shadow of our former selves.

Maybe if we even make the finals next year we can start to attract "medium" fish.
I don't think Tino is leaving the Gold Coast. Haas might leave but if the Broncos offer as much as other clubs, I don't see him leaving now that they're finally a contender again..

I just think the cap going up so much has led to a lot of clubs being able to re-sign their star players and match or come close to other offers which they wouldn't have been able to do in years past..

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He was never leaving broncos, hes price pumping. If he wants a premiership broncos are as good a chance as any. And his family is here etc. If he did leave it would be to dolphin or titan

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We believe it cause the courier mail says so [emoji6]
Cause the Courier Fail always prints the truth…
We are already on to page 3 of this and so far only two people have pointed out the obvious. The news source is highly dubious.

And on the off chance that they have actual mail on this occasion, and the even rarer chance that they haven't spun the mail that they have, this is probably a good thing. The salary cap has massive problems, and the one job it has, to make the competition more even, is increasingly coming under question. If this is true (and time will tell), then the cap will continue to lose credibility. If this is where Haas' thinking is, and if the Ben Hunt stuff earlier this season had any truth to it, then great, we need players to keep coming out and being honest. Tell the NRL and the public plainly and clearly that you will take unders to play at a certain clubs. Let's have it out there, that way the cap comes under increasing pressure.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol...Anasta said last night that Haas said previously that he wants to win a title, therefore he would be looking at Broncos, Melbourne and possibly Roosters. Soooo, that would mean that the 3 lower clubs in Dragons, Tigers and Bulldogs should be crossed off the list, yeah? Next minute, the Courier Fail runs as it is gospel....lol.
Fucking useless journalism at its best!

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't believe this until I hear something factual from PH or his manager but if true then it's just another case of the rich getting richer.
The teams at the bottom of the ladder will never become a premiership contender if the top players refuse to go there.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Roosters to get rid of Watson and sualii and sign haas and Tino you heard it here first

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Bulldogs never bought internationals. We are a hard-working club, who bring up their own and throw in a few solid buys each year. We are slowly getting back to that model, probably from 2025 onwards. We always worked this way and over achieved this way. It's the Bulldog way

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure I believe this. Unless he goes to Penrith Storm Bunnies Cowboys or stays Broncos, then we are as much a chance as others with our rebuild. A player of that quality looks for others so he doesn’t do it alone. Burton, Kikau, Crighton, TPJ and JAC are top tier “names” who can all own a game “on there day”. He’d know guys like Preston and Pele, Skelton, Kiraz have a future. Throw in SST, King, Taffe potentially Xerri. Really, we get a gun prop and we are probably 1 half away.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How can he reportedly knock back offers that cant be officially made yet?
Yeh this is the dumbest reporting ever. His manager literally said a couple weeks ago he wants to hit the open market in November 1 to see what offers he attracts therefore giving him leverage over Brisbane. Why the fuck would he now lose all that leverage by “rejecting” offers that technically can’t be made yet lol
Reporter clearly a mouthpiece for Broncos

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't think Tino is leaving the Gold Coast. Haas might leave but if the Broncos offer as much as other clubs, I don't see him leaving now that they're finally a contender again..

I just think the cap going up so much has led to a lot of clubs being able to re-sign their star players and match or come close to other offers which they wouldn't have been able to do in years past..
Exactly right. If I were them I'd do the same to jack up my price.

Any manager worth his salt would jump on it too and if they didn't, I'd be looking for a real manager ASAP.

With our club, realistically we are signing reserves or fringe FGers, maybe we can snag a big name that will take the money IE Critta.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Don't be a weak gutted dog and come to us next year after you win it for the Broncos in 2k23

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With so many contracts expiring end of 2025..... You'd think its either smart cap management or something big is being planned for then.... Not even sure who is off contract then but dogs seem to be bringing in some help with 2 year deals (Xerri, Salmon, Knight, Sio, Taffee) then you free up probably 2 million in cap space all at the same time? Coincidence? Maybe but who know. Dont underestimate gus. He never said it was a quick fix. But if done right it will be many many years of a dynasty. Something we haven't had since 80s and early/mid 90s.

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
BS article. But on the same hand people underestimate how much better Carrigan makes Haas look. I’d be worried to spend 1.3 million on Haas.
I think Fotuiaka is the prop Gus wants for value tho. And then maybe land another really good forward.
Gus isn’t landing these 250k-450k signings just to fill top 30 spots. He’s after (perhaps got) a bigger fish.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
I haven't read the article (Don't have access) but I'm guessing this is written on the back of what Hooper said last night on NRL 360...

He thinks now cause Melbourne entered the race he would reject all other interest with clubs in the lower half of the table.