News Gus v Tigers: The Luai Lottery goes into overdrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon he potentially ignites the tigers but it is a huge risk. If he flops they are fkd for years. But our strategy of waiting for juniors to come through means we will be fkd for years too.
I won’t be surprised if he makes them competitive bro, but there are too many other factors that make it a big unknown. Benji first year coaching and no board currently eing some other big questions.

Right now we look fucked in only the prop position imo. In the halves a bit, but I’m not too worried about that because I believe Burton and Sexton can perform well enough. If not Hutchison or someone else will step up. Problem is they’re a much better chance of performing with better props.

Our backline and backrow is pretty stacked so those are my only concerns. Like with everything, time will tell.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be good for mods to check if these accounts have actually been active (reading but not posting) or just dormant accounts that were setup a decade ago with plans to use them when needed
That was one of my thoughts, that they were dormant accounts of people banned since Jan 1st, but then you have Mr Beast/Tonee? who I don’t think was active until recently. Maybe some old members were talking in the shadows.. oooh.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I will say this, Tigers might be forced to shed a player or two… it’s not beyond the realm of possibility to see Klemmer or Stefano moved on… I was pretty sure Stefano had a coach clause or something inserted in his contract about making the finals in 2024??

Cantabrian35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I will say this, Tigers might be forced to shed a player or two… it’s not beyond the realm of possibility to see Klemmer or Stefano moved on… I was pretty sure Stefano had a coach clause or something inserted in his contract about making the finals in 2024??
He does but he came out in October and said he would scrap it as he wanted to be a long term Tiger (and future captain). I think he'd make a big difference for years to come at our club because just like Haas and AFB, he has great mobility for such a big man, but it appears he isn't going anywhere.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Welp I did say that if Gus misses out on Luai then there is zero reason for him to now run first grade recruiting and instead should follow the recruitment and operations of pathways and the business side of things.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welp I did say that if Gus misses out on Luai then there is zero reason for him to now run first grade recruiting and instead should follow the recruitment and operations of pathways and the business side of things.
Hopefully he was never a target. Just cause the media says we talked to him doesn’t mean shit. I hope Gus was never even considering paying anywhere near a million for this guy- and he probably wasn’t. Definitely not a red mark against our recruitment more like a green tick.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok checking in with some of my insiders soon to find out exactly what the hell happened but early info recieved is that this is one of our biggest signing bungles in history and just another to add to the list for recent history

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah, fuck Laui mate. I am more concerned about what Big Red is going to do about a prop issue which is a much bigger problem.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Nah, fuck Laui mate. I am more concerned about what Big Red is going to do about a prop issue which is a much bigger problem.
I’m glad we missed out in him considering the money he was commanding but it’s the fact that Gus can’t even pull a Luai move over to us for around the right price is concerning, especially when you consider the connections Luai has with us at our club. It just shows that even with all that leverage that we had over the Tigers in terms of getting Luai, Gus really isn’t a pull factor for even his own marquee players.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how he is going to talk his way out of that one. I’m sure it will somehow be Gus or Ciros fault though lol
im glad he jas been exposed...just a show pony who cra
Ok checking in with some of my insiders soon to find out exactly what the hell happened but early info recieved is that this is one of our biggest signing bungles in history and just another to add to the list for recent history
lol u are simply pathetic ...u have been shown up to be a complete clown...u are a complete liar...lol "this is one of the biggest signing bungles".....the truth is u know nothing and pretend u have inside sources...trying to make pathetic excuses.shows exectly what a twit u are

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I reckon he potentially ignites the tigers but it is a huge risk. If he flops they are fkd for years. But our strategy of waiting for juniors to come through means we will be fkd for years too.
You speak some sense.

I'd say it's better to be fucked for a few years knowing that you've paved the way for a successful future.

Rather than fucking yourself for the next few years which then puts your future in doubt.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m glad we missed out in him considering the money he was commanding but it’s the fact that Gus can’t even pull a Luai move over to us for around the right price is concerning, especially when you consider the connections Luai has with us at our club. It just shows that even with all that leverage that we had over the Tigers in terms of getting Luai, Gus really isn’t a pull factor for even his own marquee players.
Yes ... and No.

I don't think this is about "Pulling Power" (no dirty pun intended)

The tigers reportedly offered him a heap more per year than he would've got with us.

Sure, we could've raised it a bit and maybe he came to us?

But, we stuck to our evaluation and Luai went for the money.

Good for him.

But also good for us for setting the standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.