News Gus v Tigers: The Luai Lottery goes into overdrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The numpties on Penrith LU think he is coming.

from the Tigers forum.

Jarome Luai Belmore bound

Michael Chammas (SMH)
Wednesday 20th December 1:15 pm

In what could be seen as a lump of coal for Wests Tigers fans, the Bulldogs could be receiving an early Christmas present of Jarome Luai, who have formally lodged a $7.5 million deal over 5 years for the off contract half, making him the highest paid player in the NRLIt was believed that Luai had agreed to join the Tigers on a $6 million deal earlier this week, but it is now understood that Luai and his management will pull out of their deal with the Tigers, and agree to join the Bulldogs from 2025.

Under the new NRL rules, a player must tell their current club that they have received an offer from a rival club and that if that player chooses to take their offer, their current club will have a 10 day period to convince that player to stay with them instead of losing them to a rival. However, that player can pull out at anytime if they so choose and don’t even have to accept the offer after the 10 days has passed.

Penrith have already conceded that they will lose Luai after next season and will not release him early under any circumstances, but it seems likely that the Dogs and Gould have landed their man once again. It seems as well the Panthers connection of Kikau, Burton and Crichton may also be another factor in Luai’s defection from his deal with the Tigers.Luai may yet still decide to honour his deal with the Tigers, but if his decision is based on money, I hate to say it Tigers fans but I think unfortunately, you’ve missed your man again.
Is that you lady boy?

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is the only one worth reading over there. Had Luai going on Dec 1.
Denied the Klemmer swap before Brandy did. He is usually fairly accurate. They all have orgasms when he pops up.

The rest including Chins gets the wins are dropkicks.
Iamback is a Gus hating hypocrite.
Love you too...

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's you?

What do you know, regarding signings?

P.S Please put Joel's mind at ease :tearsofjoy:
Nothing you guys don't already know. There was a fake Chammas story doing the rounds saying you guys had gone all in at 1.5 a year for 5. The guy who wrote it has fessed up that it's bs.

The only certainty is he is leaving Penrith, we don't have the space to match the dollars on the table, he would be mad not to jump for that. I'd like to see him at the Tigers, they have decent middles and he and Api would make things interesting.

You guys could get prime Lamb & Turvy as your halves and they aren't doing shit behind your pack. Luai to Belmore doesn't make sense imo. But if it was an early release and we got Burton back less some freight I'd be happy with that. I don't think there is anything real behind that idea, other than Gus does love to sign one of his sweethearts to a long term deal then pay freight for them to go elsewhere. We only stopped paying RCG at the end of October & Waqa Blake the October before.

Grimace

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

from the Tigers forum.

Michael Chammas (SMH)

In what could be seen as a lump of coal for Wests Tigers fans, the Bulldogs could be receiving an early Christmas present of Jarome Luai, who have formally lodged a $7.5 million deal over 5 years for the off contract half, making him the highest paid player in the NRLIt was believed that Luai had agreed to join the Tigers on a $6 million deal earlier this week, but it is now understood that Luai and his management will pull out of their deal with the Tigers, and agree to join the Bulldogs from 2025.

Under the new NRL rules, a player must tell their current club that they have received an offer from a rival club and that if that player chooses to take their offer, their current club will have a 10 day period to convince that player to stay with them instead of losing them to a rival. However, that player can pull out at anytime if they so choose and don’t even have to accept the offer after the 10 days has passed.

Penrith have already conceded that they will lose Luai after next season and will not release him early under any circumstances, but it seems likely that the Dogs and Gould have landed their man once again. It seems as well the Panthers connection of Kikau, Burton and Crichton may also be another factor in Luai’s defection from his deal with the Tigers.Luai may yet still decide to honour his deal with the Tigers, but if his decision is based on money, I hate to say it Tigers fans but I think unfortunately, you’ve missed your man again.
Bullshit story

BahaMan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

from the Tigers forum.

Michael Chammas (SMH)

Imagine your team winning 3 straight comps and still being highly strung enough to make an account on the kennel :tearsofjoy:
IMG_4170.jpeg

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Luai will be at tigers but it wont be for 2024 probably. Panthers would only let him go early if they have someone else decent in mind for the 6. And/or are forced to for cap reasons.

I'll just be glad when its all finalised so we can forget about it. Never liked the idea of spending so much money on Luai, who was either a 6 we definitely don't need, or an unproven player at 7. And over a million a year. Hes not earned the right to charge a million to play 7 yet. We can only play Burton at 6 next year with all the backs we have now, so i assume we would be gambling on Luai being as good at 7 as he is at 6 immediately for that money. It never made sense to me, getting Luai. Not at all. AFB i understood, he's a great player and we need forwards with experience, however i would have preferred he was not 32 in the first year of his next contract. Would have liked him more a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.