Official Gus on Twitter

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Dolphins were a very experienced football team compared to us, with 100s of more NRL games (not to mention an infinitely more experienced coach) - we actually started the year pretty well until our team was ravaged by injuries.

Being Berries (and the history that goes with that name) I am interested in your opinion in relation when you can recall a worse year for injuries?

I do read your posts to find some balance, however, they are overwhelmingly negative.

Some may be blind, however, there are others that can't see the forest for the trees.
My posts are 50/50 positive and negative. I critique the aspects of the club that deserve to be critiqued and praise what I believe deserves to be praised. How people take that critique is not my issue and they need to learn to deal with their emotions. No I cannot bring up injury knowledge from the Berries era. I chose the name at 15 as I was young and getting into the history of the club (my dad telling me of the old days) There was no excuse for the combinations crap from above so far into the season they were pushing. Every team goes through it each year bar the top few. Regardless of the extra 100 games the Phins had, an entire brand new team would be more difficult to nail the combinations than ours that still had a decent core from 2022. It was a desperate attempt from the club to paper over the cracks

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truth hurts. How can any dogs fan support Gould ? What’s he achieved. Is Ciraldo the answer ? So far absolutely not. He’s bought left overs from other clubs. You have rubbish middles no halves and no decent no 1

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
honestly surprised it's only 1 session this week like surely they can make it at least 2
They did all their tackling practice in the game.

399 tackles to Parras 265... yet we had 28 missed vs their 23 missed.

13 errors to their 4.

We have to tidy up our ball control asap.

I checked the stats of the two teams below us games. Cowboys & Dragons who won comfortably made around 315 tackles each.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
completely overhauled the NRL roster all junior grades in two years has repeated numerous times that the only way forward is by investing in the juniors made enquires on all the top flight middles and missed out. halves? has there been a young proven 7 on the market that all clubs are after...reynolds? went after AFB missed..went after luai...missed...when our great club lifts the trophy a few on this forum might be eating humble pie!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Truth hurts. How can any dogs fan support Gould ? What’s he achieved. Is Ciraldo the answer ? So far absolutely not. He’s bought left overs from other clubs. You have rubbish middles no halves and no decent no 1
Fans are done with the sacking cycles, boardroom overthrows. The instability has to stop, we need stability now.

No gain in blowing it all up and starting again because as we know from previous incompetence. Every time we start a new plan / direction it sets us further back.

Can you identify some Rugby League administrators and general managers that are available right now and that will stay long term? If you don't have any solutions then be quiet.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fans are done with the sacking cycles, boardroom overthrows. The instability has to stop, we need stability now.

No gain in blowing it all up and starting again because as we know from previous incompetence. Every time we start a new plan / direction it sets us further back.

Can you identify some Rugby League administrators and general managers that are available right now and that will stay long term? If you don't have any solutions then be quiet.
It can't be denied that better coaches wanted to come here and probably for much less than what he's paying Cc.
The GM decided a coach with no experience was the missing piece of the puzzle to bring stability to this whole shamozzle.
Making a punt as big as that was always going to leave the club waaaaaaaay open to more sackings.

Sent from my iPhone using The Kennel mobile app

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It can't be denied that better coaches wanted to come here and probably for much less than what he's paying Cc.
The GM decided a coach with no experience was the missing piece of the puzzle to bring stability to this whole shamozzle.
Making a punt as big as that was always going to leave the club waaaaaaaay open to more sackings.

Flange Senior does not count. It is misleading to say he was available because his son comes as part of the package deal.

Flange would have got short term results for sure but ultimately we want to win comps, how the hell are we going to win a comp with Junior as halfback???

Watch senior put Kyle to halfback when Hunt retires.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Last point I will add is that Wayne Bennett is getting dusted up with poor cattle and lack of a previous inherited system.

We saw glimpses of what Ciraldo can do last season. I'd rather see it out for 5 years, let him implement his plan even if we have to cop more losses.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Could be wrong but believe the appointment of an untried assistant suited Gould’s agenda. Rather then recruiting an experienced hard head who had a tested and proven formula and an ego to match with the caveat they may not necessarily see eye to eye with Gould, he chose someone who was pliable and would not challenge him.
Gould has a well worn path of clashing and falling out with experienced coaches.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Could be wrong but believe the appointment of an untried assistant suited Gould’s agenda. Rather then recruiting an experienced hard head who had a tested and proven formula and an ego to match with the caveat they may not necessarily see eye to eye with Gould, he chose someone who was pliable and would not challenge him.
Gould has a well worn path of clashing and falling out with experienced coaches.
I've said that a dozen times at least.

He needs a subordinate. Someone that will say "yes sir" "no sir" when commanded.

That's when his arrogance and ego are to his detriment.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It probably means the successful clubs fans dont need to panic after R1 but fans of teams like us and Phins etc can't feel as confident that 2024 will be successful.

We vent and get upset and after R1 some have the familiar feeling of that deep fear 2024 won't be the big year we hoped.

So in the meantime we pick apart our faults yet we hope for the best and hope we are all here to see the Dogs lift the Premiership shield once again some day soon.
I think we will have an idea of where we are heading for 2024 by round 3.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think we will have an idea of where we are heading for 2024 by round 3.
If we don’t put it together vs the titans, we are in big trouble. Not expecting victory over sharks

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone ask him about Tetevano’s injury. If the reports of PCL tear are true we basically signed him up to do rehab and take a top 30 spot

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah most of us are die hard Bulldogs and just fed up with the same rubbish plays, selections and outcomes (and now excuses from fellow fans) every year.

Early days but fans can't be blamed for thinking bugger here we go again and looking for someone/anyone to blame for this pergatory continuing.

We'll all settle down and accept the mediocrity and eternal rebuild soon if it continues.
8 teams lose every weekend. It's round one. Go get some perspective.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So your here to niggle? Your not a dog's supporter.....so do us a favour!
Cahunt was nowhere to be seen last year when the roosters couldn’t win a root in a brothel with a fist full of fifty’s all while tucking the most expensive roster in the comp under the sombrero.

Last edited: