Official Gus on Twitter

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with your battle Turvey[emoji1317]View attachment 103423
Poor Steve. I know 1st hand their battle. Our family has the same with our mother, bastard of a disease!!!

I just hope Fox sports and 9 don’t do the “love in” on this great man when the time unfortunately comes. It’d be a disgrace. How he has never ONCE been in the convo for immortal is beyond belief.
4 Premierships
Australian rep
First NSW Origin captain to win a series
Then they say “how did he change the position”?? How the FUCK didn’t he??? No one chipped and chased like Turvey. It was a sight to behold. And to be transparent, I thought Sterlo was phenomenal, a great player, but as much as I love Baa Baa, Sterlo had who I believe was maybe the greatest ever 5/8 outside him. Then he had a backline that perhaps only Canberra have ever matched. Turvey WAS our Kenny! He was everything to our backline, and he won 4 comps!!! Kenny, yes, he should be an immortal but SO SHOULD MORTIMER!!!

Issue is, Dogs have never been and will never be a media darling. Mortimer pays the price for the Bulldogs being the 1st Super League club to fully support Souths attempts to regain entry to the comp. We were supposed to be their great Sydney Super League club. This is a fact and was often spoken about inside the 4 walls of Bulldogs HQ. It is just accepted now. They have targeted us ever since, that satanic corporation led by Drunkfield and co. They HATE US AND OUR FANS. Souths will never fully understand the sacrifice we made. But hey, ring that bell….

I digress….

In my eyes, and I’m sure many other Dogs fans (and fans of football in the late 70’s and 80’s), Steve Turvey Mortimer will always be in the Immortal conversation.

We love you Turvey….

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Round 24, 2002. Southern end of Canberra Stadium. The Bulldogs faithful showed up, defiantly, and there was Steve, right amongst it to share the grief (and it was) with the fans...Legend.
I remember that game.
It was the week after we got bumfucked by the NRL.
That fkn coward cúnt Woolford complained to the media that they shouldn’t have to play us because we had nothing to lose and he could be in danger.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I remember that game.
It was the week after we got bumfucked by the NRL.
That fkn coward cúnt Woolford complained to the media that they shouldn’t have to play us because we had nothing to lose and he could be in danger.
Didn't that little cocksucker say he wanted to jump the fence to fight us?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Poor Steve. I know 1st hand their battle. Our family has the same with our mother, bastard of a disease!!!

I just hope Fox sports and 9 don’t do the “love in” on this great man when the time unfortunately comes. It’d be a disgrace. How he has never ONCE been in the convo for immortal is beyond belief.
4 Premierships
Australian rep
Then they say “how did he change the position”?? How the FUCK didn’t he??? No one chipped and chased like Turvey. It was a sight to behold. And to be transparent, I thought Sterlo was phenomenal, a great player, but as much as I love Baa Baa, Sterlo had who I believe was maybe the greatest ever 5/8 outside him. Then he had a backline that perhaps only Canberra have ever matched. Turvey WAS our Kenny! He was everything to our backline, and he won 4 comps!!! Kenny, yes, he should be an immortal but SO SHOULD MORTIMER!!!

Issue is, Dogs have never been and will never be a media darling. Mortimer pays the price for the Bulldogs being the 1st Super League club to fully support Souths attempts to regain entry to the comp. We were supposed to be their great Sydney Super League club. This is a fact and was often spoken about inside the 4 walls of Bulldogs HQ. It is just accepted now. They have targeted us ever since, that satanic corporation led by Drunkfield and co. They HATE US AND OUR FANS. Souths will never fully understand the sacrifice we made. But hey, ring that bell….

I digress….

In my eyes, and I’m sure many other Dogs fans (and fans of football in the late 70’s and 80’s), Steve Turvey Mortimer will always be in the Immortal conversation.

We love you Turvey….
Well said!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

4 Premierships
Australian rep

I digress….

We love you Turvey….
The Legend the man, was my first hero as a young fella. Still ranks as the one of the greats of all time, no one will ever take that SOO win of him.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Steve Turvey Mortimer will always be in the Immortal conversation.
I don't really go for this whole NRL/Media-selected "immortal" BS. Why do we need them to tell us who the great players are/were?

Steve Mortimer is already "an immortal" - he selects himself there. He is the Chuck Norris of Immortals. He needs no selection or "blessings" from lesser beings.

We all know what he did (on the field, and afterwards), how he played; his passion, his genuine love of the game in general, and the Bulldogs in particular.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

4 Premierships
Australian rep

I digress….

We love you Turvey….
Love this

My hero too. My earliest footy memories are the '80 Grand final. Watching all those games with that feeling that he was coming across in cover defense, it'll be ok. Seeing him on his knees after that Origin win

I met him a few times and he was a real gentleman. When I told him there were 4 generations of rabbid Bulldogs fans in my family, he dashed away. I thought I upset/pissed him off. He came back with a mini footy signed with an individual message to each of us. A really warm, genuine, kind man. I'm devastated at what this disease is doing to him

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some beautiful posts here about Turvey.

I started going to games iirc as a 13 yr old in 1979 with my old man and my younger brother, mainly because my parents had separated so access days were weekends and he introduced us to going to League games, i owe him a debt of gratitude for this.
And I'll just add when Gus raves about Sunday afternoon footy in commentary it brings the great memories flooding back, he's right it is the best.

Sorry i digressed haha, so as a result i was lucky enough to see many many of the great man's games live incl. the 79 and 80 GF's and those finals series, stuff me they were great times we had a great team and coach in Ted Glossop.
"The Entertainers" and a big part of that was Steve Mortimer he entertained not only in attack but in cover defence, he was a great player, was and still is a great man and a Bulldog fucking legend.
Within a few years we got Terry Lamb as well what an era baby!! I really feel for the younger supporters who weren't around or old enough then.

Sad to see his mental health deteriorate but so so many people loved and still love this champion guy and he will always be our immortal regardless of what the penpushers do or don't do.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

4 Premierships
Australian rep

I digress….

We love you Turvey….
Glad there are many out there who believe that TURVEY is an IMMORTAL !!!
The haters control the game and everything that is associated with it...Don't expect Fairness !!!
You've summed up the situation well, for years I've been saying they love to see us disappear,
For some I am hallucinating.

Paul Doolans mirror

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Love this

My hero too. My earliest footy memories are the '80 Grand final. Watching all those games with that feeling that he was coming across in cover defense, it'll be ok. Seeing him on his knees after that Origin win

I met him a few times and he was a real gentleman. When I told him there were 4 generations of rabbid Bulldogs fans in my family, he dashed away. I thought I upset/pissed him off. He came back with a mini footy signed with an individual message to each of us. A really warm, genuine, kind man. I'm devastated at what this disease is doing to him
Although Terry Lamb is my favourite bulldog of all time,Steve Mortimer is right up there.As a youngster in the 80s I would always make an effort to go to the athletes foot in bankstown square to see if Turvey was there..he was always a gentleman.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Some beautiful posts here about Turvey.

I started going to games iirc as a 13 yr old in 1979 with my old man and my younger brother, mainly because my parents had separated so access days were weekends and he introduced us to going to League games, i owe him a debt of gratitude for this.
And I'll just add when Gus raves about Sunday afternoon footy in commentary it brings the great memories flooding back, he's right it is the best.

Sorry i digressed haha, so as a result i was lucky enough to see many many of the great man's games live incl. the 79 and 80 GF's and those finals series, stuff me they were great times we had a great team and coach in Ted Glossop.
"The Entertainers" and a big part of that was Steve Mortimer he entertained not only in attack but in cover defence, he was a great player, was and still is a great man and a Bulldog fucking legend.
Within a few years we got Terry Lamb as well what an era baby!! I really feel for the younger supporters who weren't around or old enough then.

Sad to see his mental health deteriorate but so so many people loved and still love this champion guy and he will always be our immortal regardless of what the penpushers do or don't do.
I started going in 1979 - GREAT times. Had to go by myself though, no friends or family that wanted to go. I was 11 years old. Still the BEST times though.