Official Gus on Twitter

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And let's be honest
Those Penrith systems we talk about are actually old school bulldog systems that Gould learn during his time at the bulldogs and implemented at Penrith.
Gould has mentioned this from time to time during commentary over the last 25 years.
I have heard him credit a lot of the storm success abd foundations of that clubs sustained success by the standards Chris Anderson implemented at the very beginning.
The standards he learnt at the bulldogs was implemented at the storm and they have stuck to those fundamental ideas since,
The same at the panthers..
Gould implemented standards and expectations and systems he knew would bring success to the panthers.
A lot of talk is about pathways, that is only one part, the other is implementing high standards and expectations at the highest level that filters down through the grades.
And that's hard work, pushing players to breaking point is what hardens players into winners.
Our 98 team would never have been able to get those come from behind wins without that hard training and weeding out the weak.
That's what we mean when we say bulldog DNA.
Club first, team second, individual 3rd.
Back to the old ways, to be a bulldog, you have to be tough.
I'm all for this hard nose approach,
Well said.

Back when we were at the top we had a junior leave for union. He eventually went through to play for Australia and credited his time at the dogs for giving him the work ethic and training standards to get to where he was. Fucked if I recall his name though. I was pretty proud to hear that back then. Would love to know we have that going for us in future.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Please don’t kill the narrative and make sense. Plus we are copying the team that won the last 3 grand finals and the clown crew aren’t happy . We should sign the dragons n tigers players with Dessie running the cap again that would keep them happy .
lol..spot on bro. See how ridiculous the clown crew look when someone like you posts a decent, unbiased, no agenda driven post which makes sense.

This whole pantherisation/penrith system is a myth made up by the anti Gus/clown crew and their associates. It’s bullshit.

If there is anything to do with Penrith, it would be defensive structure and I’m happy with that.

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well said.

Back when we were at the top we had a junior leave for union. He eventually went through to play for Australia and credited his time at the dogs for giving him the work ethic and training standards to get to where he was. Fucked if I recall his name though. I was pretty proud to hear that back then. Would love to know we have that going for us in future.
Was that Rocky Elsom?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well said.

And let's be honest
Those Penrith systems we talk about are actually old school bulldog systems that Gould learn during his time at the bulldogs and implemented at Penrith.
Gould has mentioned this from time to time during commentary over the last 25 years.
I have heard him credit a lot of the storm success abd foundations of that clubs sustained success by the standards Chris Anderson implemented at the very beginning.
The standards he learnt at the bulldogs was implemented at the storm and they have stuck to those fundamental ideas since,
The same at the panthers..
Gould implemented standards and expectations and systems he knew would bring success to the panthers.
A lot of talk is about pathways, that is only one part, the other is implementing high standards and expectations at the highest level that filters down through the grades.
And that's hard work, pushing players to breaking point is what hardens players into winners.
Our 98 team would never have been able to get those come from behind wins without that hard training and weeding out the weak.
That's what we mean when we say bulldog DNA.
Club first, team second, individual 3rd.
Back to the old ways, to be a bulldog, you have to be tough.
I'm all for this hard nose approach,
Our BLUEPRINTS !!!

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
lol..spot on bro. See how ridiculous the clown crew look when someone like you posts a decent, unbiased, no agenda driven post which makes sense.

This whole pantherisation/penrith system is a myth made up by the anti Gus/clown crew and their associates. It’s bullshit.

If there is anything to do with Penrith, it would be defensive structure and I’m happy with that.
At the end coaches learn from their masters. Gus from wok, Stuart from sheens, bellyache from Bennett , CC from Cleary. They keep the system with a few basic changes. Melb went with the wrestle , the prop at lock and the whole nrl followed. As Tom Mac said we are all Sheeple!