Official Gus on Twitter

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That's what I'm wondering. Yes he played NSW cup last start, but with him being out for so long it's interesting language chosen by Gus. You would think it's we are making him play
Some interesting tweets with Gus' post.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a huge question mark over the fitness and durability of a lot of our squad. Agree we need more depth in the middle even if it’s cheap workhorse good defensive middles.

I think the biggest issue is our fitness / strength and conditioning off season program that needs to be audited in a sense. Is what we are doing causing injuries. I know we look less fit than basically every team we play throughout the year. What do we do differently?
Yeah mate … it’s the biggest question that needs answering during the off/pre season if we want to be any chance of being up there in the top 8 and at least play competitive footy against the top teams next year … they still need to strengthen our go forward and our middle and I believe as you mentioned they need to manage the training better …

The forwards we have now have 2 and 3 question marks beside each name .. that doesn’t fill me with a lot of confidence … 2 of those names go down and we’re bottom 3 again .. 2 x JJ’s Grimaldi’s Tolman types and at least one more big up front body would fill me with a lot more confidence ..

I’m sure the Gouldfather is all over it though ..

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's what I'm wondering. Yes he played NSW cup last start, but with him being out for so long it's interesting language chosen by Gus. You would think it's we are making him play
Or the other way around we don't we've had enough, but Gus can't and won't say it.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah mate … it’s the biggest question that needs answering during the off/pre season if we want to be any chance of being up there in the top 8 and at least play competitive footy against the top teams next year … they still need to strengthen our go forward and our middle and I believe as you mentioned they need to manage the training better …

The go forward we have now has 2 and 3 question marks beside each name .. that doesn’t fill me with a lot of confidence … 2 of those names go down and we’re bottom 3 again .. 2 x JJ’s Grimaldi’s Tolman types and at least one more big up front body would fill me with a lot more confidence ..

I’m sure the Gouldfather is all over it though ..
I hope your last statement is accurate.

I don’t know if it’s because of a limited roster to work with this season. Or CC doesn’t see the bigger picture well?

I have concerns around team selection and then management of the bench when it comes to team balance on the field with our forwards this year. We have limited big bodies but when we have big bodies. In the main they don’t get used correctly. If we have two they don’t swap out with each other. They get played together and benched together. Leaving us way to small at times. CC really needs some guidance around this part of the game.

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Thompson finishes strong I can see us offering a 1 year deal for him around $400k - $500k

King, SST, TPJ, Thompson, Harrison, Patalo is a decent middle rotation, especially if they are looking a Murray style 13
Yeah, where they land on the Lock position is as interesting as the Props IMO

Wild Robbo

Waterboy
Reaction score
With SST on a reported $500k then that's kinda a bench mark price by comparison. Can't see LT accepting anything less than $550k? (but he should really).
If he wants to stay at the dogs he will have to accept less than that.

Reactions: ATT

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Think he’s just saying he doesn’t pick the team. Ciraldo does (officially at least). Not much more to read into it.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
With SST on a reported $500k then that's kinda a bench mark price by comparison. Can't see LT accepting anything less than $550k? (but he should really).
SST's shown a lot more than Thompson. Even SST's last year in the NRL outweighs anything Thompson has done. 350k gamble maybe.