Official Gus on Twitter

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
According to Nasheed he is being resigned...

I posted months ago he is gone..
I'm pretty sure Nasheed said it hadn't been decided yet because you said he is definitely gone. Actros backed him up saying Luke had dinner with Gus or a meeting.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Except it’s not what he said. He clearly said that Latrell hasn’t performed on the big stage for souffs. 100% true. He might this year but big chance he don’t as well. Of course Latrell is a big game player, he’s dominated at origin. Different to do at souffs though. Don’t fall for fox clickbait bro
100% this

I don't like him personally, but at his best, he's a game breaker.

I listened to the whole segment and Gus didn't say "not a big game player", just that he's unproven in September for the bunnies. He was a young centre in a star studded roosters team last he made it that deep into the season.

Really feels like a media beat up to me. Gus is in a privileged position when it comes to assessing September in the NRL. He's entitled to form and express a view.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we have taukeiaho, king and thommo in the middle next year, we are not going anywhere. Thatd be one of the smallest middle in the comp.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we have taukeiaho, king and thommo in the middle next year, we are not going anywhere. Thatd be one of the smallest middle in the comp.
Exactly. Gus says we're not interested in Tino but he's going to consider re-signing Thompson at the end of the year FFS. We'll be lucky if SST plays more than a handful of games. We need a decent size hard running, hard hitting starting prop. It's all okay though. If we go shit again next year Gus will say it's all part of the 5 year plan. Can't expect miracles overnight. We'll have a budget fullback and half-back but we still can't afford a big name prop LOL. Our highest paid players are an edge forward, a centre and a five-eight who doesn't run, doesn't have a passing game and f..ks up many of his kicks even for the sideline after a penalty

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Nasheed said it hadn't been decided yet because you said he is definitely gone. Actros backed him up saying Luke had dinner with Gus or a meeting.
8220F674-CA57-4C88-9697-DD31764B11B4.jpeg
@PaulS be the big man and admit you lied or taking the piss before you get the reputation of having a creepy anti Lebanese/bulldogg agenda

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
View attachment 77903
@PaulS be the big man and admit you lied or taking the piss before you get the reputation of having a creepy anti Lebanese/bulldogg agenda
I'm assuming that Gus has said to Luke play out the season, even if you don't sign with us it will improve your worth if you can remind people how well you can play. Gus then might be able to see what the market is setting and hoping he can convenience him to do a one year contract to really extend his value and provide us with another good player.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm assuming that Gus has said to Luke play out the season, even if you don't sign with us it will improve your worth if you can remind people how well you can play. Gus then might be able to see what the market is setting and hoping he can convenience him to do a one year contract to really extend his value and provide us with another good player.
This sounds on the mark … Gus has dried up 99% of the leaks …. so anyone professing they know anything about player contracts or movement is probably 99% wrong ..

What Gus has said about Thommo sounds legit, probably a market test … a lot will come down to how much Flanagan and other clubs are willing to offer .. in this type of market if fully fit he’d be a good pick up for any club, we need to keep him if the price is reasonable ..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
100% this

I don't like him personally, but at his best, he's a game breaker.

I listened to the whole segment and Gus didn't say "not a big game player", just that he's unproven in September for the bunnies. He was a young centre in a star studded roosters team last he made it that deep into the season.

Really feels like a media beat up to me. Gus is in a privileged position when it comes to assessing September in the NRL. He's entitled to form and express a view.
All star players struggle with involvement against Panther. Against every other team Latrell has no issue. It was same as T. Trbo when he was on fire.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus is not commenting as the GM of the Bulldogs, he is giving his opinion as a sports show panellist. If he thinks their defense is shit then he is entitled to say so, despite the fact that ours is so poor. The 2 have nothing to do with eachother.
Unfortunately, people like you can't wait to put the boot in every single chance possible. You seriously can't be a Bulldogs supporter, simply a troll!
THANK YOU!! I cannot believe 99% of idiot NRL fans can’t understand this concept.