Official Gus on Twitter

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then he will leave for the dolphins in a few years whats the point
Samrani is 105 kg....classic outside back that has punch and leg drive as well as Good D. Once he gets a few kms and a full off-season..he'll be next off the rank. Coming off ACL.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have never once backed away from anything I said, all I have done is point out I didn’t call him names or swear or get personal with him. If people want to take that as me not owning it then we can agree to disagree. The fact is we signed a drug cheat centre last December and have now let a current centre who is a local junior walk. If you don’t want people to point that out to you, then maybe don’t do it
Have you got OCD? Serious question. You seem so obsessed about this man which isn’t good for you. Xerri didn’t murder or rape anyone ffs. This is not a normal response to what he was caught doing. Unless you’re from r/nrl that is. Let it go man, it’s old news.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have never once backed away from anything I said, all I have done is point out I didn’t call him names or swear or get personal with him. If people want to take that as me not owning it then we can agree to disagree. The fact is we signed a drug cheat centre last December and have now let a current centre who is a local junior walk. If you don’t want people to point that out to you, then maybe don’t do it
We let him walk, because he isn't that good, simple as that. Just because he is a local junior, doesn't mean we should keep persisting with him, for no discernible improvement. Aside from pace he doesn't offer much really. Xerri is as quick or quicker, has size and can defend . . . And obviously was a better financial option

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
Have you got OCD? Serious question. You seem so obsessed about this man which isn’t good for you. Xerri didn’t murder or rape anyone ffs. This is not a normal response to what he was caught doing. Unless you’re from r/nrl that is. Let it go man, it’s old news.
No I don’t have OCD, but thanks for the diagnosis. I’m well aware he didn’t murder or rape anyone, as for it not being a normal response for what he was caught doing, that’s your opinion, I don’t agree. I’d rather not have a drug cheat at the club period. I’m also sick of going to every AGM and getting told that we are focusing on the development and retention of local juniors, just to have the exact opposite happen on a regular basis. People act like if you don’t 100% back every decision the club makes you are death riding the joint.

Just keep trusting in Gus champ.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Samrani is 105 kg....classic outside back that has punch and leg drive as well as Good D. Once he gets a few kms and a full off-season..he'll be next off the rank. Coming off ACL.
Ethan Quai Ward will get a crack before the end of the year

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
We let him walk, because he isn't that good, simple as that. Just because he is a local junior, doesn't mean we should keep persisting with him, for no discernible improvement. Aside from pace he doesn't offer much really. Xerri is as quick or quicker, has size and can defend . . . And obviously was a better financial option
Right, that’s your opinion, I don’t agree, but that isn’t the point, opinions are going to be different . But even if you are correct, you don’t get to stand up at every AGM and preach about how one of the highest priorities the club has is retaining and developing juniors and then go out and sign a bloke serving a drugs ban months before you let a corresponding junior walk away if you don’t want people to point out the fact it’s contradictory.

If retaining juniors is really the priority then they’d be the first people you extend or resign, but they aren’t, because Xerri was seen as the priority last December. That’s my entire point, the club doesn’t get to have it both ways

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I don’t have OCD, but thanks for the diagnosis. I’m well aware he didn’t murder or rape anyone, as for it not being a normal response for what he was caught doing, that’s your opinion, I don’t agree. I’d rather not have a drug cheat at the club period. I’m also sick of going to every AGM and getting told that we are focusing on the development and retention of local juniors, just to have the exact opposite happen on a regular basis. People act like if you don’t 100% back every decision the club makes you are death riding the joint.

Just keep trusting in Gus champ.
I will champ, because unlike you, he has more experience and success in footy, than almost anyone else still involved in the sport.

Last edited:

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I will champ, because unlike you, he has more experience and success in footy, than almost anyone else still involved in the sport.
We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that Gus doesn't have to go on Twitter to keep us all informed of what is going on - he is doing us all a favour by communicating with us this way, and he deserves our respect! I don't recall Raelene or the empty suit (I've forgotten his name) doing the same, and I doubt if they could have given us any useful information if they had.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t give a shit what his excuse was, there’s always a sob story when people get caught. “Oh I was injured” “oh we trusted the doctors and didn’t ask what was in the needles” “oh it was because my housemate used the same blender” it’s all crap. You can think it was rude to bring it up if you want but if the club/ Gus doesn’t want to answer questions about signing drug cheats don’t sign them. As I’ve pointed out before, I didn’t swear at him or call him any names. Didn’t get personal, I just asked why a drug cheat was such a high priority and retaining local juniors wasn’t.
To be fair....
We signed Xerri a while ago, well before Avo's contract negotiations started.

It may be a case of Gus and CC wanted both at the club back then and more recent movements have changed the mindset of what kind of players or SC spend we need to allow for.

I'm not particularly happy with letting Avo go. If it were up to me, I wouldn't have signed Crighton. I was even sceptical about resigning Burton. But it's done now and CC and Gus will have to be judged on these decisions in a couple years time.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Right, that’s your opinion, I don’t agree, but that isn’t the point, opinions are going to be different . But even if you are correct, you don’t get to stand up at every AGM and preach about how one of the highest priorities the club has is retaining and developing juniors and then go out and sign a bloke serving a drugs ban months before you let a corresponding junior walk away if you don’t want people to point out the fact it’s contradictory.

If retaining juniors is really the priority then they’d be the first people you extend or resign, but they aren’t, because Xerri was seen as the priority last December. That’s my entire point, the club doesn’t get to have it both ways
I get your point, ideally we'd have a team of local juniors. The reality is, more and better players come from outside the local district. You can't accuse the club of not trying with Jake, he has been given multiple years and positions to prove himself.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope he’s not rested regularly for drugs when he comes here
Part of the ASADA protocols on his return he will be tested regularly and at random intervals.

Which he was ever since he was teenager, only failed the one test when he was trying to recover from a stubborn slow healing shoulder injury at contract renewal time. Big mistake and he knows it and he won't repeat it.

Always a Bulldog

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I get your point, ideally we'd have a team of local juniors. The reality is, more and better players come from outside the local district. You can't accuse the club of not trying with Jake, he has been given multiple years and positions to prove himself.
The club gave averillo opportunity to show case what he can do and now he is cashing in - good luck to him. Thats the idea of development clubs - develop players who clubs want because of what they can offer - the better the club becomes as a development club the more players will be offered big $$ to go elswhere

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club gave averillo opportunity to show case what he can do and now he is cashing in - good luck to him. Thats the idea of development clubs - develop players who clubs want because of what they can offer - the better the club becomes as a development club the more players will be offered big $$ to go elswhere
And good on his manager

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Your point might have a tiny hint of reasonableness if Xerri had been signed last week and Averillo let go this week. But the fact is Averillo knew that Xerri was coming before he even stared pre season, pretty decent timeframe for him to get his shit together. Plus he also knew in the pre season that Crichton was coming here in 2024, again another reason to lift his game, especially in the areas he weak at, that the coaching staff had identified.

All of which is completely irrelevant because he left for a longer term contract and more money.

Always a Bulldog

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your point might have a tiny hint of reasonableness if Xerri had been signed last week and Averillo let go this week. But the fact is Averillo knew that Xerri was coming before he even stared pre season, pretty decent timeframe for him to get his shit together. Plus he also knew in the pre season that Crichton was coming here in 2024, again another reason to lift his game, especially in the areas he weak at, that the coaching staff had identified.

All of which is completely irrelevant because he left for a longer term contract and more money.

Always a Bulldog
Xerri was clearly the plan, moving forward. Otherwise Avo would have been retained.

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
I can’t accuse them of not trying, that’s fair, but I can point out he wasn’t their priority. That’s been my point, maybe I’m not accurately conveying it, and that’s on me. No disrespect to anyone else that takes the opposite view, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but from my point of view it doesn’t wash with what the club tells us to keep people happy at the AGM every year