Official Gus on Twitter

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Gus needs to fix his TPJ fuck up asap
What some don’t seem to grasp is Gus still has to deal with mistakes of the past. Flanagan and TPJ were both Barrett gets. In cap management he can’t just ‘move players on’ especially those with a larger share of the cap. He’s clearly done what he can when he can ie: Cotric, Allan. Flanagan will be gone end of this year, looking likely Thompson might be too but it’s not as easy as some seem to think to fix roster problems.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What some don’t seem to grasp is Gus still has to deal with mistakes of the past. Flanagan and TPJ were both Barrett gets. In cap management he can’t just ‘move players on’ especially those with a larger share of the cap. He’s clearly done what he can when he can ie: Cotric, Allan. Flanagan will be gone end of this year, looking likely Thompson might be too but it’s not as easy as some seem to think to fix roster problems.
Wasn't he around when Barret brought TPJ?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Totally fair comment, he's a salty old prick to block you for that. Fans have a right to voice their opinions
Sure there’s a ‘right’. But who said apart from some tabloid scribbler that the club is even considering May? So Gus likely is just shutting out the noise of things that aren’t relevant. I’d suggest that ‘voicing opinions’ should be based on facts not speculation. I’ve no doubt that if the club did sign May plenty of members would express their unhappiness about that outcome. There’s just no evidence at this point it’s true.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Wasn't he around when Barret brought TPJ?
He’d not long joined and publicly said ‘I didn’t have anything to do with that’ when punters were patting him on the back for TPJ signing. At the time I thought ‘Well played Gus, you’re making it look like you’re giving others credit when you’re actually saying you don’t agree with it’ :-).

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The bit I giggled at was we were getting smashed up the Middle, and they might of even scored another try down the middle. Gus was blowing up about rolling down the middle and making easy metres. Said why are our big boys on the bench, said the smallest team possible was on at that time. Then the camera went to the bench and there’s Patolo, TPJ and Pele. Hahahaha
Cirro was watching ch9, heard that and shit himself.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree DD its going to take time, but moving TPJ has to be a priority. TPJ is on gus not Barret, he signed off on the deal.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think if you go to someone’s twitter, hang shit on them, get blocked, and then run off to brag about it, you’re a fucken dickhead and should pull your head in.
people like that are the entitled shitcunts that are flushing society down the toilet.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I agree DD its going to take time, but moving TPJ has to be a priority. TPJ is on gus not Barret, he signed off on the deal.
He said it happened after he arrived. Or am I thinking JAC? I remember there were public comments where he clearly didn’t take credit for a player. If he DID sign off on TPJ then I retract and yes, that needs to be fixed. Most likely though with another year to run on his deal that’s not an overnight fix (cap wise). Sigh.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for turnips. Imagine Gus resigned today, saying that he would not be able accomplish success at our club, and we are left with a rookie coach, John Koury , super board members Joe Thomas and Anthony Elias. Laundy follows soon after…just be very fu#%en careful

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for turnips. Imagine Gus resigned today, saying that he would not be able accomplish success at our club, and we are left with a rookie coach, John Koury , super board members Joe Thomas and Anthony Elias. Laundy follows soon after…just be very fu#%en careful
If that happened I reckon the Laundy family would try and buy the club lock stock and barrel. Could be a good thing to be honest.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i could be wrong but Gus was there when tpj was signed ? Definitely his fuck up if so

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm more certain it was a Gus signing not Baz, but Baz did say how excited he was to have him.

Aged so well..lol

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
TPJ was Pre-Gus from what I understand - the only dud signing on Gus has been Ryan Sutton. Resigning RFM turned out to be a poor decision in hindsight also Vaughan warranted an extension.

let’s see what he has up his sleeve for next year… some narrow minded on here don’t acknowledge the signing of Kiks, Mahoney and Crichton.

His junior level signings have been stellar.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
i could be wrong but Gus was there when tpj was signed ? Definitely his fuck up if so
Yeah I said above I may have mixed that up with JAC. Gus definitely and publicly distanced himself from a signing but maybe it wasn’t TPJ. Needs to be fixed.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I said above I may have mixed that up with JAC. Gus definitely and publicly distanced himself from a signing but maybe it wasn’t TPJ. Needs to be fixed.
I was pretty sure he distanced himself from the TPJ signing and it was at half time or post game of a televised game where he made the statement as part of a “breaking news” piece

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I was pretty sure he distanced himself from the TPJ signing and it was at half time or post game of a televised game where he made the statement as part of a “breaking news” piece
He definitely (and publicly) distanced himself from a signing. Just not sure whether it was TPJ or JAC.