Official Gus on Twitter

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Is he really on 650 though? Have we got any brokers on the kennel?

The apartment sale price was 1.5mish, let’s say he borrows 1.4 and his mums house is used as security.

1.4m loan is close to 2k per week repayments, single guy, no dependants.

That’s high risk for a lender I’d imagine. Oh wait he’s got Mark Bouris the dodgy **** sorry forgot about that.
Yes- nothing wrong with your calculations although a fair few variables. He may rent it out first or at least told the bank that. Or his YBR broker did. Deposit could be lent from uncle Nick (or associate) and paid back at 0% interest if he really wanted. Makes him feel more indebted to the roosters. Wouldn’t need mums house can borrow 95% LVR as first home buyer.

New stamping policy doesn’t come into play until January but that’s ok he probably asked for a delayed settlement to qualify. LMI would be quite a few K but could have lent that also. And this is assuming he has no deposit or funds of his own.

Last edited:

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You think he borrowed the money from uncle Nick?
Perhaps "through" rather than "from" - there would be benefit from an "arms length" transaction.
And this will be no retail transaction. Forget collateral, capital, and capacity. Actually, forget character and conditions too - it will all be "vouched for" in advance.
When players are staying or coming "for less", that ain't really the case. We're only ever talking "cap", not in total.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@DinkumDog …. the thing with most marketing firms is they’re very good at getting your content out there but most don’t have the skill set to sell or convert… plus when they see its the Bulldogs NRL club they probably add a few extra zeros to the bottom line.

If the club chose a company that’s primary focus is sales but also has a team with marketing capabilities, they could get plenty of good content out to the fans while also focusing on membership and growing the numbers, that’s where the club would get their ROI .. also there’s plenty of free social media platforms inc their website where fans could view plenty of content, so it doesn’t need to get overly expensive.

Theres thousands of Bulldog fans all over Australia that are non paying members, and never have been, with the right strategy and approach these Doggies fans could become paying members ..

I sent all this in an email to the club explaining what my company could do for them, but I never got a reply ..
Not even getting a reply just shows how low a priority it is to them. Pretty poor as far as im concerned.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah first thing I thought of when I saw that was paper bags. He wouldn’t be able to get a loan from anywhere with his contract amount. Is he really on 650k?
Yep, according to Rothfoled

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You know a bit about loan servicing I was wondering if you work in finance or if purchase property a lot?
Don’t work in finance, just have been through a few transactions

Reactions: mez

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
To be fair every players goal is to play FG to start the season, so I wouldn't read too much into that.
of course but we can still dream cant we )