Official Gus on Twitter

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its the only excuse available to us but it would have to be a damn good offer for me to accept that we wouldn’t of fought for his signature still.

He was near our best player on a consistent basis all year.
Players don’t go to England for more money. That hasn’t happened in 15 years. They go there because they can’t get an NRL contract.

No other NRL club offered him a contract

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Players don’t go to England for more money. That hasn’t happened in 15 years. They go there because they can’t get an NRL contract.

He's been one of our best and consistent players. They were about to Re sign him earlier I don't know what happened. It would good to ask gus that question.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I suspected this to be the case and I feel uneasy about the fact that we have an outstanding prop at the club currently that we have not made a priority to keep.

I don’t see how we replace him?

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's been one of our best and consistent players. They were about to Re sign him earlier I don't know what happened. It would good to ask gus that question.
Yeah man I would love to see an honest response from the Gus father.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul Vaughn only signed a 1-year contract with the Bulldogs after BBQ gate that saw him sacked from the Dragons, where he was on big contract money.

Both Vaughn and Dufty weren't offered huge money by us, we were trying to help both players out as well as us at the time and a 1-year deal was suitable for both parties.

Vaughn signed a 2-year contract with Warrington Wolves back in mid-June. He would be on more money at the Warrington Wolves, per season than he was earning here, and the Bulldogs aren't going to stand in any players way if they can get a better offer.

Remember Vaughn was a Trent Barrett signing and while he was one of our best forwards this year, he'll be 32 next April and his best years are behind him. Played strong and hard but hardly ever broke the line, hardly ever passed and doesn't have the pace of other younger forwards in the competition.

Like most I'm grateful for his service but glad he's found himself a new football home and we can also move forward with far better options available if not next year, then definitely in '24.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two out of the 9 props we had have already gone to other clubs, namely Hetherington and Vaughn.

Of those remaining 7, we will have 8 next year with Ryan Sutton coming to the club, 3 are off contract at the end of '23. They are Patolo, Ava and Thompson.

Remaining props are Tsikrikas, Edwards, Tanner and TPJ.

I can see Patolo and Ava definitely moved on, but it will be interesting to see how Thompson and TPJ come back next year as I expect only ONE of them will be with us in '24. That most likely is TPJ whose contract finishes '25 but if he doesn't start showing his worth than his position like anyone else at the club will be questioned. These 2 will be playing for their future next year.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He doesn't strike me as the type of person who has planned for a post football career. Gunna have to scrape every dollar he can get
This Is possible plus the Dragons ripping over a million off him with the immediate termination in 2021 and the big contract for this year 800k torn up, I know he deserved a big kick up the ass but that was huge.
Idk how much coin he is getting in England(but their cap is smallish)but it must be better and maybe with an extra year term.
He was well and truly worth re-signing imo unless he did ask for crazy dough.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score