Official Gus on Twitter

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Question for you mate.

Is Flanagan your go-to coach in the event he gets sacked?

My worry is he is probably the best available (along with Green) - but with many clubs in similar scenario (Tigers, Titans, Warriors), are we best to pull that trigger sooner to guarantee he comes across?
Madge has bought himself some time at the Tigers with their recent performances plus they have Papali'i joining next year..

The Titans and Warriors are in free for all and could sack their coaches any time. Who knows if Flanagan would even be their choice.. I don't think Green would be a good option for anyone. He's better as an assistant coach these days..

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d much rather Gus keeps off social media. He’s forced to make stupid comments like defending the coach and saying stupid shit like there’s improvement.
But he can't, he likes being in the limelight (even though he says he doesn't) And he also bites back about what Buzz posts etc. Which is keeping the Buzzard in the limelight. It's like that have a pact together.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
hopefully 'that time' is the end of this season and he doesnt go into 'overtime' and try and play 2023
So true. Possibly he might get a 2nd wind if Barrett drops the Yeo role for him but it would be terrible for him to stay on a year too long bc he has been such a good player for us in the past.

The insults and criticisms are relentless on our socials and thats wrong.

I believe he has a sports medicine degree of some sort so ready made replacement for our Head of Sports Conditioning and Performance if its available for him.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question for you mate.

Is Flanagan your go-to coach in the event he gets sacked?

My worry is he is probably the best available (along with Green) - but with many clubs in similar scenario (Tigers, Titans, Warriors), are we best to pull that trigger sooner to guarantee he comes across?
No way. Don't think Flano Snr is the way to go.
I appreciate he has an intimidating persona and would keep our guys fearing they have to perform week in week out, but im not convinced he can do the right thing and drop Kyle when it needs to be done.

I'd prefer a coach like John Morris TBH, but my preference would be Henry or Green. I liked what heard from Todd Payten on NRL360 last night. Some of the work they did in the pre-season sounds exactly what we needed. Break away from our comfort zone

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m a massive Baz fan but I can’t defend him anymore. If Baz gets the sack the last bloke I would want to replace him is furner. If Baz goes so should all his assistants especially furner and free Big Mac’s Ferris imo
Still need an interim and Furner is most qualified..

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way. Don't think Flano Snr is the way to go.
I appreciate he has an intimidating persona and would keep our guys fearing they have to perform week in week out, but im not convinced he can do the right thing and drop Kyle when it needs to be done.

I'd prefer a coach like John Morris TBH, but my preference would be Henry or Green. I liked what heard from Todd Payten on NRL360 last night. Some of the work they did in the pre-season sounds exactly what we needed. Break away from our comfort zone
Flanno snr shits on anyone you’ve mentioned.

And if we’re going to go down the rookie coach road Dymock showed more in 8 games and win more in those 8 than Barrett has in 5 years. I wished they gave dymock a shot instead of Pay.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wonder what the announcement is..

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m a massive Baz fan but I can’t defend him anymore. If Baz gets the sack the last bloke I would want to replace him is furner. If Baz goes so should all his assistants especially furner and free Big Mac’s Ferris imo
Sandercock too.