Official Gus on Twitter

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest a lot of leaks have dried up since he took over. You have to wonder if he is just playing the dumb media types as the fools they are. That and the media know that bulldogs articles are high click bait material.
I’d question most of their “insiders” they say they have at clubs, I liken journalists to car sales man and real estate agents. They don’t let a few lies get in the way of selling a product. They probably sit there for hours thinking of a heading to catch viewers eyes to only have an article that has nothing written in comparison to the alluded heading. Whatever makes them sleep well at night I guess, I know I would feel satisfied with life writing bullshit articles for a crust.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How the hell did you translate “RFM showing promising signs” into “won’t be fit come Rd 1”?

Always a Bulldog
Exactly, he said both centres will be good for trails but not Ray ? It isn’t rocket science mate.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Exactly, he said both centres will be good for trails but not Ray ? It isn’t rocket science mate.
Dw mate, dudes a flop who thinks he knows everything. RFM was a top 12 backrower in 2020, he can definitely return his form from the bench this year i recon

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So from that should one read that the Thompson thing is all media bullshit with zero substance?
I'm thinking the question was too specific by including the part that it's in exchange for Paulo. It leaves Gus an out in that he could still be shopped just not a direct swap for Paulo.

Paulo could still be signed 'separately' the following day if the club was planning to.

The question would have been better asked 'is Thompson being shopped around?'

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
How the hell did you translate “RFM showing promising signs” into “won’t be fit come Rd 1”?
That is one big leap of logic. For a start, Round 1 is 10th March and Trails start 3 to 4 weeks before that, so there is plenty of time between trials and Round 1 for RFM to be fit to play.

Secondly and more importantly Gould stated the that the other players would definitely be ready for Trials, but RFM wasn't definitely ready for Trails, which could easily mean that he is a maybe for Trials. You have then stretched that doubly by claiming that he definitely won't be ready for Trials OR for Round 1. That's not glass half empty thinking, that's claiming that there is no glass,

Always a Bulldog

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is one big leap of logic. For a start, Round 1 is 10th March and Trails start 3 to 4 weeks before that, so there is plenty of time between trials and Round 1 for RFM to be fit to play.

Secondly and more importantly Gould stated the that the other players would definitely be ready for Trials, but RFM wasn't definitely ready for Trails, which could easily mean that he is a maybe for Trials. You have then stretched that doubly by claiming that he definitely won't be ready for Trials OR for Round 1. That's not glass half empty thinking, that's claiming that there is no glass,

Always a Bulldog
:confused: