Official Gus on Twitter

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Man I'm just praying he finds his ESL form. The whole forum would be blowing their loads over him.
I’ve just watched that interview of luke and I’ve known him all his life, he is a broken man, sad to see and listen too, hence that’s why I take some of these comments on here about Luke personally, he will again rise, we,ll see !

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was Andrew Hill, he was an interesting character !, when Luke was leaning towards joining back up with Holbrook, Hill sent a text reading Titans= career killer
For the first 18 months at the bulldogs I thought Hill was wrong but since then I cannot thank the club, you have something to be proud off and even more so in the not too distant future.
Interesting that the man in charge of the commercial side of the business with no football nous was having these types of discussions. It’s really no wonder we’ve made no progress between 2017- now in this ‘rebuild’

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
ESL is finished !, nobody here is interested, the way the NRL is going that too won’t be far behind
If the ESL wants to improve they need to cut 2 teams and just have 10 all up... there just isn't enough talent to go around.

Same goes for the NRL, we should only have 14 teams.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’ve just watched that interview of luke and I’ve known him all his life, he is a broken man, sad to see and listen too, hence that’s why I take some of these comments on here about Luke personally, he will again rise, we,ll see !
If he is with us next year he should be vice captain when JJ is on the bench.

Give him a bit more responsibility (and prestige) and see him blossom.

As I've said on here before. Luke Thompson failing with the CB Bulldogs is as much an indictment on our club as it is with him and all his bad luck, infringements, silly plays and injuries.

Both club and player must make amends and become successful. It cannot be left to end in regret and failure.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

As I've said on here before. Luke Thompson failing with the CB Bulldogs is as much an indictment on our club as it is with him and all his bad luck, infringements, silly plays and injuries.

Both club and player must make amends and become successful. It cannot be left to end in regret and failure.
Each player, coach, admin etc need to take responsibility for their performance and decisions - with Thompson his injuries, concussions and family havent helped but he really needs to improve his defensive attitude/ effort/ technique as well as his discipline to avoid suspensions - regardless of coaching.

He has shown glimpses of genuine ability with the ball and the rule changes re 6 again suit his game - take luck(good or bad) out of the equation.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ESL is finished !, nobody here is interested, the way the NRL is going that too won’t be far behind
The biggest blight on the game has to begin with the bloke they put in charge. V'Landys is an accountant by trade and is still tied up with horse racing, which by the way is an industry purely designed for gambling, so no wonder V'Landys is only concerned with the revenue raising aspect of the game. The other problem with the game is traditionally Rugby League is a collision sport that can create a lot of injuries if techniques are not carefully applied and monitored. We can all see why the sport is changing because authorities are trying to remove the "danger" element in the game, and that is not unfortunately for players "safety" although that's what they claim, it's more about indemnity and legal issues. Just look how jobs and workplace relations have changed and that gives you an idea where the game is heading.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Each player, coach, admin etc need to take responsibility for their performance and decisions - with Thompson his injuries, concussions and family havent helped but he really needs to improve his defensive attitude/ effort/ technique as well as his discipline to avoid suspensions - regardless of coaching.

He has shown glimpses of genuine ability with the ball and the rule changes re 6 again suit his game - take luck(good or bad) out of the equation.
Def. He needs to own all the issues he has control of.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I find it weird the support that Thommo gets on here compared to TPJ.....RFM and JAC have demonstrated leadership qualities and should be considered well before Thommo for VC.