Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree re Malla and think he's right about this. Whether Fox stays or goes, this isn't just paper talk.
The harsh reality is that Foxx is a luxury winger, he doesn't do the tough carries. You can name multiple wingers on a fraction of his money that do a better job for example Arthars at the Broncos.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The harsh reality is that Foxx is a luxury winger, he doesn't do the tough carries. You can name multiple wingers on a fraction of his money that do a better job for example Arthars at the Broncos.
His pay ain't that great. I've read enough times on here he's on 500k a year which isn't huge numbers in the current era. Wasn't Cotric's contract for 600k like 3 years ago

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
His pay ain't that great. I've read enough times on here he's on 500k a year which isn't huge numbers in the current era. Wasn't Cotric's contract for 600k like 3 years ago
He was signed for 550k. So in that sense its true, but the cap has had 2 pay jumps then, one went from 9 to 12 million and the contracts expand with it so its around 700

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
nah half those were already announced
still got Turpin Hutchinson mann and takihueo to announce and who knows if there'll be any others
I think maybe the 8 or 9 players must include Taaffe, Salmon, Crichton and Curran as when you add Turpin Hutchinson mann and takihueo you get 8 players. I don't think we would exclude Taaffe, Salmon, Crichton and Curran otherwise that means we would be signing 12 plus players.

But when you say those already announced it makes me think maybe we will get another 4 or so players on top of Turpin Hutchinson mann and takihueo. But who is left to buy if thats the case.

What about existing development players signing a top 30 spot like Joseph O'Neill, Isaac Matalavea-Booth and Kitione Kautoga do they count as new signings. If so we may only get 1 more player. Possibly Poasa Faamausili as Bulldogs held discussions with him.

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think maybe the 8 or 9 players must include Taaffe, Salmon, Crichton and Curran as when you add Turpin Hutchinson mann and takihueo you get 8 players. I don't think we would exclude Taaffe, Salmon, Crichton and Curran otherwise that means we would be signing 12 plus players.

But when you say those already announced it makes me think maybe we will get another 4 or so players on top of Turpin Hutchinson mann and takihueo. But who is left to buy if thats the case.

What about existing development players signing a top 30 spot like Isaac Matalavea-Booth and Kitione Kautoga do they count as new signings.
Doubt it includes Curran as that all happened very quickly

It’ll be
Turpin
Hutch
Pooasa
SST
Wilson (announced last week)
Saifiti
+ kids getting a shot in the 30
If there is a surprise, it’s most likely coming from England as Gus would think nothing of paying a transfer fee and he could be waiting until after the test series finishes.
Someone like Matty Lees

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dogs signed Ragarive Wavik from Cowboys.

QLD U19 Fullback.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Dogs signed Ragarive Wavik from Cowboys.

QLD U19 Fullback.

Interesting, but can we sign some forwards please!!! Wonder what this means for Joash Papalii? Guess that this guy will still be able to play Flegg? I like Joash he has a tone of skill, but I fear he went a bit too hard down the Alamotti route and has really bulked up. I am a bit worried that has cost him the pace needed to make it in the NRL.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting, but can we sign some forwards please!!! Wonder what this means for Joash Papalii? Guess that this guy will still be able to play Flegg? I like Joash he has a tone of skill, but I fear he went a bit too hard down the Alamotti route and has really bulked up. I am a bit worried that has cost him the pace needed to make it in the NRL.
Peeps underestimate the effect of bulking up. Alamoti was like Rod Silva in the juniors but once he hit the KFC he became useless. Why is he useless? Adding weight means you lose speed and footwork. It’s really a simple reason. What made you scouted and rated is no longer there.
You need to be an Inglis where you can hold speed with a bit of muscle. Even Inglis veered too heavy in his late days.
Alamoti is genuinely now Ron Massey level.
Can you guys imagine if Blake Wilson put on 20 kilos?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
seemed to get wider as the season went on. imho fullback is not joash p best position - more suited to 9 or 13.

Reactions: CCC

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here.
Funny how everybody wants to play for anyone but Australia.
Fuck knows why when it's getting upped to 40k a game to play for Kangaroos.
Pretty easy money compared to playing an Origin match.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting, but can we sign some forwards please!!!
Oh no, not another one!

We don't need 2nd rowers we have plenty.
We don't need locks we have plenty.
We don't need hookers we have plenty.

We do need a prop, maybe 2, but we don't need 2nd rowers, hookers or locks.

Always a Bulldog

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh no, not another one!

We don't need 2nd rowers we have plenty.
We don't need locks we have plenty.
We don't need hookers we have plenty.

We do need a prop, maybe 2, but we don't need 2nd rowers, hookers or locks.

Always a Bulldog
I think at least 2 props mate. We got rolled through the middle nearly every game last year.

2 props starting
2 on the bench
2 suspended

Also I think they need to seriously put some work into Skelton and get him ready for Round 1. Our forwards didnt get much help from our back 5 this year. Skelton would help out in that area and lay a better foundation for the start of our sets.