Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Imaging having all this cap space for 24/25 to only be able to buy utilities lol

Leinu, Keon, Twal, Fotuiaka , Tino, Haas all blokes the Kennel said we’ll surely land.

And we are all meant to pretend a 4th choice roosters half, an ex rooster injury proned prop, a weak gutted dog and a knights 14 are gonna get us excited for the year or two ahead.
Thank god for Critta. Gus needs to pull something decent off soon, I think he thought they’d all wait until November to test the market
Lol my thanks to you for the weak gutted dog remark. 100% the standout achievement of Ricky's career coming up with that piece of ace.

Far out I wish he was our club coach next year then my life would be complete

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Twal has extended at the Tigpies.

At this rate, Egbert Farterstink from St. Christopher’s B Grade may get a contract at the ‘Dogs.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand that and I know I’m a blessing for the forum so I take the responsibility seriously.
If they made a bunch of movies based on ten kennel I can kind of seee me starting in a ‘last temptation of Christ’ adaptation where I ask ‘why me’ ‘why am I blessed with such oil and responsibility?’
And the truth is we will never know but there is just something special about me and it’s from above.
Blessing to a forum is true, unfortunately for you, it is not this one!

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score

At this rate, Egbert Farterstink from St. Christopher’s B Grade may get a contract at the ‘Dogs.
There's no need to worry. Gould said he signings are done he just wanted to wait till post season. Can't say why he's holding back with the news but if he hasn't got them then he's flat out lied to the clubs players and fans and he should be excused.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's no need to worry. Gould said he signings are done he just wanted to wait till post season. Can't say why he's holding back with the news but if he hasn't got them then he's flat out lied to the clubs players and fans and he should be excused.
I think it’s just the ones we already know about plus maybe 1 or 2 for 2025 which Gus can talk about after 1 Nov.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Better be a utility

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Given all the outs where the fuck are we even spending 95% of the cap?
Is there even a point in holding out for value deals while we are still in the hole when you have to spend it anyways..
For years we've let players walk. If we had Ben Hunt and he agitated we would've payed Gold Coast to take him without a trade. It can't always be the players year after year.
It's one thing to cut players who aren't living up to standards but when your only option to replace them is kids who aren't physically ready or 2nd stringers who aren't capable then it's a sideways move at best.

When are the coaching staff going to elevate the players to standard instead of throwing the baby out with the bath water?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Given all the outs where the fuck are we even spending 95% of the cap?
Is there even a point in holding out for value deals while we are still in the hole when you have to spend it anyways..
For years we've let players walk. If we had Ben Hunt and he agitated we would've payed Gold Coast to take him without a trade. It can't always be the players year after year.
It's one thing to cut players who aren't living up to standards but when your only option to replace them is kids who aren't physically ready or 2nd stringers who aren't capable then it's a sideways move at best.

When are the coaching staff going to elevate the players to standard instead of throwing the baby out with the bath water?
It’s 97.5% as from 1st November 2023 and we don’t have to “spend it” until 31st October 2024, plenty of time.

Always a Bulldog

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Club is run like a bold and the beautiful episode, six months to find out an inch of news.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
It’s 97.5% as from 1st November 2023 and we don’t have to “spend it” until 31st October 2024, plenty of time.

Always a Bulldog
Holding back and waiting for the inevitable off-season player movement of contracted players and mid season departures may well pan out to be a genius move by Gus. But the closer it gets to 97% spend crunch time the more leverage players and their managers will have over us and we'll be starting yet another season on the back foot... and that's without injuries.

Still hopeful though