Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s been said before bro but it’s not just what he can do on the field which is a lot mind you. It’s the intangible off field influence he’ll have on the younger kids. I bet there is some excited kids in the academy that can’t wait for his arrival. He’ll provide the blue print for a lot of them.
100% uce. People complaining about the Critta signing are the type to sook of a hangover when they been drinking all your good scotch for free the night before. Never happy these *****

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
100% uce. People complaining about the Critta signing are the type to sook of a hangover when they been drinking all your good scotch for free the night before. Never happy these *****
Who in their right mind would complain about the Critta signing? I think Gould has had some absolute howlers such as replacing a panthers assistant with a panthers assistant ‍♂ but for signing Critta he should be getting only praise

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who in their right mind would complain about the Critta signing? I think Gould has had some absolute howlers such as replacing a panthers assistant with a panthers assistant ‍♂ but for signing Critta he should be getting only praise
The kennel can be a strange place bro - there was a whole thread about it

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did you know that Bellamy and Bennett were once assistants too?
Correct, however it's the set of circumstances of sacking an assistant and then immediately hiring another assistant from the same club on a bigger contract is very very questionable management to me. Hopefully he comes good but I'm not remotely confident he will deliver.
First half of next season we will all have our questions answered

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct, however it's the set of circumstances of sacking an assistant and then immediately hiring another assistant from the same club on a bigger contract is very very questionable management to me. Hopefully he comes good but I'm not remotely confident he will deliver.
First half of next season we will all have our questions answered
Fair enough. But it was always going to be the start of a rebuild, so it’s a bit hard to judge him when he inherited three quarters of a team that aren’t up to first grade standard yet. Hopefully we see some improvement next year as the dead wood is being cleaned out

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fair enough. But it was always going to be the start of a rebuild, so it’s a bit hard to judge him when he inherited three quarters of a team that aren’t up to first grade standard yet. Hopefully we see some improvement next year as the dead wood is being cleaned out
Yeah also plenty of merit to that too and I'd be very surprised if there wasn't significant improvement next season due to having better players on the books. I've got no idea how he performs as a coach during the week as that's all out of sight but however he was preparing/motivating the team for game day was diabolical. In my opinion.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the sad fuçks in here really need to get off Ciraldos case. He came here and we weren't going too bad until all the injuries started, he ended up with half a team of reggies and half a team of players who thought his training was "too tough", and so weren't fit enough to compete for 80 minutes. This team was lucky that late in the season they weren't having 60+ points put on them on a regular basis. Don't blame the coach for our poor season because he had a bunch of entitled soft còcks to deal with. At least give him a season with a proper first grade side before sticking the knife in.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All the sad fuçks in here really need to get off Ciraldos case. He came here and we weren't going too bad until all the injuries started, he ended up with half a team of reggies and half a team of players who thought his training was "too tough", and so weren't fit enough to compete for 80 minutes. This team was lucky that late in the season they weren't having 60+ points put on them on a regular basis. Don't blame the coach for our poor season because he had a bunch of entitled soft còcks to deal with. At least give him a season with a proper first grade side before sticking the knife in.
I'm not sad mate. I'm very much the opposite and comments like your making here like bulldogs was the only team in the comp that had injured players out or playing guys carrying injuries into games is just plain ignorant. And yeah it seemed heads dropped even lower towards the end of the year when some moral boosting talent returned to the pitch.

I'm more than content to see how he goes next season but unfortunately for him if the team doesn't improve as expected he will be toast as thats how it goes in this business. Multiple coaches get fired every year and will continue to do so.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sad mate. I'm very much the opposite and comments like your making here like bulldogs was the only team in the comp that had injured players out or playing guys carrying injuries into games is just plain ignorant. And yeah it seemed heads dropped even lower towards the end of the year when some moral boosting talent returned to the pitch.

I'm more than content to see how he goes next season but unfortunately for him if the team doesn't improve as expected he will be toast as thats how it goes in this business. Multiple coaches get fired every year and will continue to do so.
To be fair, we did have the most injuries in the comp and lost our marquee players

People forget Webster was an assistant and be won coach of the year he had a full strength team! Imagine what Ciraldo could have won if he had a team at full strength.

We started strong then went downhill when we vsd souffs then injuries started taking a toll

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it’s harder for most cause we started the season stronger that’s the last few and then to dish up what we did at the end. If any one has insider knowledge to now what round people were getting told they weren’t being resigned or told to look elsewhere e

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To be fair, we did have the most injuries in the comp and lost our marquee players

People forget Webster was an assistant and be won coach of the year he had a full strength team! Imagine what Ciraldo could have won if he had a team at full strength.

We started strong then went downhill when we vsd souffs then injuries started taking a toll
Well it remains to be seen is the point. No one knows what he can do yet even himself I suspect.

Panthers have lost absolutely nothing this year without his input and prior to this season there was talk he was the real god father/shot caller of the Panthers but just goes to show great players don't need a hell of a lot of coaching. Panthers D is better than ever and bulldogs was one of the worst defensive efforts in decades.

Facts are there, so is conjecture and propaganda so only time will tell. I just don't see what makes him so much better than Barrett (as claimed) at this point of his career.

I hope for all our sakes he succeeds, if he doesn't I think it's highly doubtful he will be a head coach again anywhere.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it remains to be seen is the point. No one knows what he can do yet even himself I suspect.

Panthers have lost absolutely nothing this year without his input and prior to this season there was talk he was the real god father/shot caller of the Panthers but just goes to show great players don't need a hell of a lot of coaching. Panthers D is better than ever and bulldogs was one of the worst defensive efforts in decades.

Facts are there, so is conjecture and propaganda so only time will tell. I just don't see what makes him so much better than Barrett (as claimed) at this point of his career.

I hope for all our sakes he succeeds, if he doesn't I think it's highly doubtful he will be a head coach again anywhere.
I get what you’re saying, but if players don’t want to turn up and play thats not on the coach, it’s on the players themselves.

It now makes sense why Ciraldo chose players like Perham and Knokonbur over majority of the players that had potential, it all comes down to attitude and wanting to be there and also wanting to train

He’s now gathering the team he wants plus more signings hopefully and I hope he excels next year, Gus did say this year was a write off and thanks to Gus our juniors are excelling.

Nothing but positives from Nov 1st

Last edited:

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think it’s harder for most cause we started the season stronger that’s the last few and then to dish up what we did at the end. If any one has insider knowledge to now what round people were getting told they weren’t being resigned or told to look elsewhere e
Be that as it may, I can't say from experience but if I was player told that I'm no longer in the clubs plans far out I'd be wanting up my game to be wanted by another club or league?

Very few players can seek out the media and say I love this club or I have "passion for that club" and fall into a top 30 the way Reynolds did.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I get what you’re saying, but if players don’t want to turn up and play thats not on the coach, it’s on the players themselves.

It now makes sense why Ciraldo chose players like Perham and Knokonbur over majority of the players that had potential, it all comes down to attitude and wanting to be there and also wanting to train

He’s now gathering the team he wants plus more signings hopefully and I hope he excels next year, Gus did say this year was a write off and thanks to Gus our juniors are excelling.

Nothing but positives from Nov 1st
I understand that yes. I hated when Gus said that and started playing his fiddle making excuses or justifications for the sub par effort on the pitch and at the end of every sentence say "I'm not using that as an excuse" lol.

Anyway see how he goes next year. At the least I hope they don't pump up their tyres so much and just get on with it and work hard and get some good results and don't waste effort going toe to toe with a stupid moron like buzz all year. All bloody ridiculous lol