Grub reveals Dogs deal, Origin shunning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our struggles at the moment are in positions 1,6,7,9. If that's the case, why keep Reynolds?

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If thats the logic, why keep Hoppa, Mbye and Lichaa?
Mbye gets moved to 6 but Hoppa and Lichaa can go.

We shouldn't be relying on Mbye, who's obviously trying to develop his game, to lead us around the park whilst we have Reynolds on the books.

Reynolds should've taken "ownership" of this team a long time ago. I see a lot of passion and aggression but not too much maturity in his leadership as a player. He should be the one in the 7 calling the shots seeing as he's the Origin hero.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The best of Reynolds is yet to come. Slow to mature means his best footy will come at the back end of his career.
His the only apart from maybe Klemmer that will defy des's predictable game and hopefully add some hope / spark

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its a bit hard to lead the team around the park with 4 Half Backs. Thats the issue. And its quite evident that both reynolds and Mbye are wanting to do this but with the other "Senior" players demanding the ball in key situations isnt helping this happen.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Players to let go from our backline:

Reynolds
Mbye
Morris brothers
Hoppa

All players above just don't cut it or are past their used by date.

Reynolds is on this list so we should fuck him off.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
has more passion and love for our club than every other player combined. everyone is worried about losing our bulldog culture and wants to punt reynolds but cant see themselves that he is what our culture is all about

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're not seriously comparing Lamb and Polla Mounter to Reynolds are you?

Yes that team played with heart and passion and for each other but there were also some very talented players in that group.
Taken a bit out of context that one.

The dogs won the 95 GF on the back of heart and passion not skill and talent. That game was won on the back of some unbelievable scramble defence.

And on the comparing players like Lamb and Polly to Reynolds, why not? Have u seen the way Reynolds Kicks and chases like Lamb? Or how about like Polla mounter always fighting to that last whistle? Or how about his scramble across field in defence to chop down opponents down the sideline like Mortimer? Just cause Reynolds aint a great doesn't mean he doesn't possess some of those attributes.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
According to Zero Tackle Reynolds is on $475K per season with the Bulldogs. Its just my opinion but if the Dogs do sign up Mitchell Moses or any other half/five eighth The Grub will still be a Bulldog.

Why? Because Reynolds has got a rap sheet that doesn't look real good on his CV. He turns 28 on 13th April is injury prone and still a brain snapper. So at the"mature" age of 28 and his short comings to go with it I can't see a club rushing up to pay around $475K for his signature.

Now, having said why The Grub won't be going anywhere I can say I'm real glad he'll be staying at home. On his day Josh Reynolds is the closest thing we've got to a game breaker; I just hop he has a lot of "his days".
At 28 he hasn't established himself, apart from being a passionate and unpredictable player. At this stage in his career, we should know what he is as a talent and team member - we don't. He is still trying to find himself, and we can't afford the experiment while our halves are in such poor form.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Reynolds would kill it with a gun fullback and a gun hooker and a better game plan that let Mybe play what's in front of him. Give him those things and he will shine.

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He just needs to know how to play within that fine line of being energetic and having a brainfart, and learn how to play whats in front of him every tackle.
I like the guy,but think lolohea would be our best investment for 6 or even 1, tui is 6 years younger ,stronger and can kick goals.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds would kill it with a gun fullback and a gun hooker and a better game plan that let Mybe play what's in front of him. Give him those things and he will shine.
100%.
Grub needs to be retained and finish his career with us. Pride n passion is priceless these days.
He's not a leader. He needs blokes around him to take charge, then let him do his crazy shit (measured).

He was a gun hooker in the lower grades and i think his lack of leadership would of forced a move, come 1st grade.
Otherwise gun hooker.

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is worth the 400k. Look at other players in this team. Compare the number they get $paid to the performance. He is one of only a few that aren't ripping us off. If Mbye comes good as a 7 Reynolds will be fine. He has his limits but the guy can play. Unfortunately the way the team has played hasn't suited him. Or many players really... I think we will learn a lot from the first game of the season. Man I hope Des is capable of reinventing. I still believe. Just.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Taken a bit out of context that one.

The dogs won the 95 GF on the back of heart and passion not skill and talent. That game was won on the back of some unbelievable scramble defence.

And on the comparing players like Lamb and Polly to Reynolds, why not? Have u seen the way Reynolds Kicks and chases like Lamb? Or how about like Polla mounter always fighting to that last whistle? Or how about his scramble across field in defence to chop down opponents down the sideline like Mortimer? Just cause Reynolds aint a great doesn't mean he doesn't possess some of those attributes.
I think we'll have to agree to disagree on 95. That gf was won on all those things you mention.

I get that people love Reynolds and I also love his passion. The difference is I'm objective enough to look at the good and bad. Many times he's done good things, even won us games. But equally he's gruberred into oppositions hands where its got them right down the other end of the field, kicked out on the full, caused penalties at crucial times and the list goes on. He's turning 28 so it's not like he's a rookie.

I've said this before, I'm pretty sure if all our halves were off contract at the same time we would have 6. Mbye and 7. Hodkinson now.

If he steps up and has a good year I'll be the happiest person but problem is we see articles every year and nothing much changes.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
100%.
Grub needs to be retained and finish his career with us. Pride n passion is priceless these days.
He's not a leader. He needs blokes around him to take charge, then let him do his crazy shit (measured).

He was a gun hooker in the lower grades and i think his lack of leadership would of forced a move, come 1st grade.
Otherwise gun hooker.
We may regret letting him going like letting Ennis go.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hopefully this will be his last season at the club, a GREAT club would of made the call to let him go by now and moved forward. Hopefully the Bulldogs want to be GREAT again and make the right call so we can finally move forward and challenge the other top sides.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't have the brains to be a premiership winning half, i do believe however he is useful and I'd like to see him come on for lichaa around the 50-60 minute mark.

His speed/determination in the last 20 would be very useful.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully this will be his last season at the club, a GREAT club would of made the call to let him go by now and moved forward. Hopefully the Bulldogs want to be GREAT again and make the right call so we can finally move forward and challenge the other top sides.
He plays at freewill.
He's coached by a complete control freak.
I know who id rather have at this GREAT club.

Status
Not open for further replies.