Grub gone,tolman & mybe must be next to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Apart from our off contract players to leave
Lichaa
Holland
Hoppa
Reynolds
The players who should be shopped around are tolman mybe and eastwood.
Surely hasler wouldnt be that stupid to let our only attacking spark to leave,but keep a guy who is a passenger in every game (mybe)

Lolohea would be an ideal signing, decent goalkicker also.
Id grab dan topou from chooks he is great out of yardage and a good kicking go to option.
Also elijah taylor would be ideal.

Plenty of good options out there,if hasler has any clue there definately needs a bit of a cleanout.
Look at manly, lost a few guys that were there for a decade,they look so much like a footy team now.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope so but winning the lotto is easier.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes would love to see Mybe go to another club.
But for sure Canterbury will have to subsidize any contract with another club, because I doubt another club will come up with the same coin.

I have given up on Mybe's "potential"

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Use make it sound like getting rid of mbye is such an easy thing to do. He has what 3 years left remaining on his contract? What club will take on that huge wage and at what cost to the dogs will it be to find him a new home. Clubs would be expecting use to pay a considerable amount of his salary so is it really worth losing 300k or so of your cap so he can play for another team.

Big Dog 2515

New Pup
Reaction score
Saddest day since 2002 salary cap drama.
We'll miss u Joshy good luck

Remember - cooling off period!!!

Big Dog 2515

New Pup
Reaction score
I don't know how they stuffed joshys deal up. We have 13 players off contract next year. Could they do a one year deal to hang on to him til next year, then increase the offer? Not rocket science!

Lichaa
Holland
Hoppa
Reynolds
Surely hasler wouldnt be that stupid to let our only attacking spark to leave,but keep a guy who is a passenger in every game (mybe)

Id grab dan topou from chooks he is great out of yardage and a good kicking go to option.

Plenty of good options out there,if hasler has any clue there definately needs a bit of a cleanout.
Look at manly, lost a few guys that were there for a decade,they look so much like a footy team now.
don't

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Use make it sound like getting rid of mbye is such an easy thing to do. He has what 3 years left remaining on his contract? What club will take on that huge wage and at what cost to the dogs will it be to find him a new home. Clubs would be expecting use to pay a considerable amount of his salary so is it really worth losing 300k or so of your cap so he can play for another team.
I could live with $200k per season.
Mybe is by far the biggest problem we have with our roster.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

He chose to waive the cooling off period, hence why it was announced so soon.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Surprised no one has said anything about this. Then again when was the contract signed. Didn't the nrl say a club can't announce the signing until after the 10 day cooling off period and since the Tigers have announced it it looks like he must of signed some time ago

And besides, I can't see reynolds being the type of bloke to go back on his word

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He chose to waive the cooling off period, hence why it was announced so soon.
Forget what I just said then haha

Maybe it comes back to what I said in another post. Maybe it's got more to do with just the extra money that was on offer

Big Dog 2515

New Pup
Reaction score
True, but he was forced out. I think it's a bit different if u get an offer at the 11th our to stay with your home and admired club on the back of untenable initial negotiations. We'll see. It's dog eat dog in Proffessional sport

Surprised no one has said anything about this. Then again when was the contract signed. Didn't the nrl say a club can't announce the signing until after the 10 day cooling off period and since the Tigers have announced it it looks like he must of signed some time ago

And besides, I can't see reynolds being the type of bloke to go back on his word
rue

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. And lichaa is on $300k
That's below average wage for 1sr grade.
And well below for no.9.
I agree Lichaa service from dummy half is poor.
But his defence is good.
He never gives up line breaks in the middle of the field.

Look I don't mind if they try Mybe at 9.
I don't think he can do 80 minutes at 9 and do all the tackling.
But willing to see how he goes.

But again Lichaa is on $300k
Mybe us on $650k to $850k and going up each season.

N

Natboy

Lichaa
Holland
Hoppa
Reynolds

Manly won comps with those guys, have signed about 45 players in the past couple of seasons and won't make the 8 for three years in a row

Status
Not open for further replies.