Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
he has not been rubbish.. He has been used poorly..

The one week where he played on the edge he was great.

But I agree 500k is overs
It was against the tigers ffs. The tigers that are currently sitting 3rd last with the second worst defence in the comp while also being responsible for the Knights only win of the season.

This isn't the first time Eastwood played on an edge, he played on an edge against parra and he ran for 33m in 66 minutes of footy, and this isn't the first time he had numbers like this.

But you are right when you say he isn't being used well...he simply isn't a lock or edge forward. He is a prop and nothing more. You could have him join the frontrow rotation and get more impact from him in a shorter amount of time without all the bludging and wasted minutes. Then we can actually play someone at lock with a decent workrate.

I don't even see why we need to extend his contract, i really think it is time for him to go. Much rather Fualalo take his spot who looked ridiculously good during preseason. But surely if you were going to extend his deal, no way on earth would you offer what is being reported here. Jackson and Klemmer should laugh at any offer under 700k if this turns out to be true.

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd say a lot would be TPA. Not that I have a great understanding how it all ties in but accounts for a lot I believe
I think he will get a bit of TPA from the nzrl seeing as his one of the senior New Zealand players and like the article say 21 tests or something (cbf reading back). His face could promote a lot of stuff over there

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
$400k at best unless most in tpas then doesn't matter

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If these figures are true... they make the recent Corey Norman figures (700k per season) look like the bargain of the century. Man he is going well.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was against the tigers ffs. The tigers that are currently sitting 3rd last with the second worst defence in the comp while also being responsible for the Knights only win of the season.

This isn't the first time Eastwood played on an edge, he played on an edge against parra and he ran for 33m in 66 minutes of footy, and this isn't the first time he had numbers like this.

But you are right when you say he isn't being used well...he simply isn't a lock or edge forward. He is a prop and nothing more. You could have him join the frontrow rotation and get more impact from him in a shorter amount of time without all the bludging and wasted minutes. Then we can actually play someone at lock with a decent workrate.

I don't even see why we need to extend his contract, i really think it is time for him to go. Much rather Fualalo take his spot who looked ridiculously good during preseason. But surely if you were going to extend his deal, no way on earth would you offer what is being reported here. Jackson and Klemmer should laugh at any offer under 700k if this turns out to be true.
I cant say that I agree with your idea about Eastwood being a prop considering he once played 5/8, but you are entitled to your opinion ..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Salary Cap is $7M next year. NO idea what our TPAs are on top of that - but if they totalled, say $1.5M, giving a total salary of $8.5M...

Minimum wages for top 25 is $80K (i think). Say you had about 5 numpties at the bottom averaging about $100K each, we now have $8M to spend on your remaining 20 players.

That's 400K average each.

$500K per season is not really huge money anymore.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
I can confirm that Des would like to utilise Greg Eastwoods kicking game.

In his new role Greg will be putting up the bombs, grubbers, chip n chase, 40/20s, banana kicks, no look kicks, fake-to-kick-cut-out-pass, FG, goal kicking, etc. Aside from that, Greg will be filling the roles of HB, Hooker, 5/8 and fullback all the while maintaining his role as starting 2nd rower. 7 figures over 2 years is a bargain. They are actually considering 8 figures.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I cant say that I agree with your idea about Eastwood being a prop considering he once played 5/8, but you are entitled to your opinion ..
Yh and he also played on the wing during that time.. he clearly isn't that player anymore.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let him go, i have loved him at the dogs for years but we have too many big lazy forwards, sign Matt Gillett asap

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jackson, Elliott given more experience, Mariner, Gillett, all could play 80 if needed, can all offload and great work rates

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gillet "the best a man can get" is asking for $800k.

It's the **** player managers that are driving their prices up. Bigger cut for these parasites.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I love the beast but 500K is too much, need to save money for a future half

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Surely Ethan Lowe is an option? He's a great edge forward and can kick goals too
Doubt the club would be looking at him. I think we should pinch Peachy, pretty sure the Panthers will let him go at the end of the year. Move Jackson to lock and have Peachy and RFM on each edge.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doubt the club would be looking at him. I think we should pinch Peachy, pretty sure the Panthers will let him go at the end of the year. Move Jackson to lock and have Peachy and RFM on each edge.
I did say in another post that we should get Peachey. Why not both if we let go of Eastwood?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Much rather Fualalo take his spot who looked ridiculously good during preseason. But surely if you were going to extend his deal, no way on earth would you offer what is being reported here. Jackson and Klemmer should laugh at any offer under 700k if this turns out to be true.
Fualalo is a straight up the middle hard running Prop.
Eastwood is a edge running Second Rower or Lock.

Eastwood is more a Jackson / RFM style player.
Fualalo is more like a Klemmer / Browne style player.

You wouldn't replace Beastwood with Fualalo... two completely different style players.

Reactions: GDR

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

You wouldn't replace Beastwood with Fualalo... two completely different style players.
Eastwood is nothing like Jackson or RFM. He is a prop playing out of position. Id 100% replace Eastwood with Fualalo.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
What is Eastwood getting paid now?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I did say in another post that we should get Peachey. Why not both if we let go of Eastwood?
Why both? Don't think we could fit both in and keep everyone happy. Think we only need to buy 1 backrower to replace Williams.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

I have to disagree with your assessment.

I think Eastwood is the opposite of what you've said, at this stage of his career. he's a middle running prop/lock. Nothing like Jackson or RFM, and much more like Fualalo.

Just because he's played two games in the back row this year doesn't make him more suited to it than his usual role in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.