Official Grand final Ratings

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's got nothing to do with the bulldogs, the game itself has gone downhill and the quality of the commentators and pre-game entertainment is total crap. Interest in the game overall is nowhere near what it once was.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's got nothing to do with the bulldogs, the game itself has gone downhill and the quality of the commentators and pre-game entertainment is total crap. Interest in the game overall is nowhere near what it once was.
Too much copy and paste block plays in every team and blatant shepherds that refs ignore. They should ban those stupid decoy runners and penalise the attacking team if their decoy runner even remotely interferes with the defence.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NRL is a dictatorship. Maybe if they listened to the fans, numbers wouldn't decline.
Sportsbet, poor commentary, stupid rule changes, inconstancy with the way games are officiated. Just a couple of things off the top of my head that have eroded the game.
You know its shit when 5 mins into the GF the commentators keep going on at how awesome the game is, the crowds never felt so electric, noise level is beyond anything heard before etc. Reminds me of comedians like Wil Anderson laughing whilst telling there own jokes trying to prime the crowd for laughs.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
View attachment 60118
They can say what they want about the dogs but we bring in the ratings. Highest rated grand final in the last decade.
The stupid thing is that the NRL are money hungry, but it still doesn't get in the way of their hatred for the Bulldogs. Just treat us fairly NRL & the game will benefit enormously. Hey, you may even be able to afford to put the Bears back in!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL is a dictatorship. Maybe if they listened to the fans, numbers wouldn't decline.
Sportsbet, poor commentary, stupid rule changes, inconstancy with the way games are officiated. Just a couple of things off the top of my head that have eroded the game.
You know its shit when 5 mins into the GF the commentators keep going on at how awesome the game is, the crowds never felt so electric, noise level is beyond anything heard before etc. Reminds me of comedians like Wil Anderson laughing whilst telling there own jokes trying to prime the crowd for laughs.
The other thing is to have a Fox Sports channel that wants to show the game properly. They don't need anywhere near as much people & that's part of their problem. They spend so much time letting everybody talk they don't get the basics right. And they don't show full replays of games. They also have a significantly large catalogue which they never show the games in full. I could make their channel 1000 times better in one day.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The other thing is to have a Fox Sports channel that wants to show the game properly. They don't need anywhere near as much people & that's part of their problem. They spend so much time letting everybody talk they don't get the basics right. And they don't show full replays of games. They also have a significantly large catalogue which they never show the games in full. I could make their channel 1000 times better in one day.
I didnt know that about replays on Fox. I have Kayo during the season but have rarely watched a replay of a game. I usually just have games on whilst doing other stuff unless the Dogs are playing and it has my full attension.
Fox commentary is sensationalized. I truley beleive there is a formula that they adhere to. You see it with Yvonne, Parker or Enis on Saturdays for example where they will sensationalise incidents both on or off the field, make mountains out of molehills. You listen to them and think here we go. Then NRL360 and the so called journalist on that show continue on with the bullshit then articles are extracted from that. The shit even gets re posted on here all the time and makes up for alot of threads during the season. Just an ugly machine but how else do you access every game during the season.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I saw this on FaceStalk the other day and thought the exact same thing.

Yet the media bang on about Eels, Penrith and Roosters fans being the best and blah blah but the figures above suggest otherwise.

The NRL need the Dogs to be successful for the greater good of the game!

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Penrith aren’t a big club... not many supporters outside the area....

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's no coincidence that aside from the Bunnies GF last year, the ratings have gone down nearly every year. It speaks volumes about how much fans are tuning out and are frustrated with the constant rule changes and one sidedness of the comp.

The genius V'landys made all of these bullshit changes to make the game "more exciting".. Well the ratings and attendances suggest people are less entertained than ever and preferred things the way they were. Believe it or not, fans like close games, lower scores and not seeing the same teams guaranteed victory before the kick off.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because the product has been tampered with so much......the game has become touch football and the mongrel in the game has gone...sick of all the rule changes and the influence of the bunker

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can see the numbers sliding.
Bulldogs & the Rabbits pull good numbers.

Can’t wait for ‘23 and with some right moves ‘24 we might be top 4 contenders.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's no coincidence that aside from the Bunnies GF last year, the ratings have gone down nearly every year. It speaks volumes about how much fans are tuning out and are frustrated with the constant rule changes and one sidedness of the comp.

The genius V'landys made all of these bullshit changes to make the game "more exciting".. Well the ratings and attendances suggest people are less entertained than ever and preferred things the way they were. Believe it or not, fans like close games, lower scores and not seeing the same teams guaranteed victory before the kick off.
Well said.
Constant rule changes have pissed me off.
It reeks of a bloated NRL staff over managing and creating jobs for themselves.

In over 50 years I have never seen the game more referee dominated. The excessive sin bins are allowing referees to control game outcomes.
what was it in one of the finals - 7 sin bins? Wtf is that?

As if fans want to see that shit - now we have players milking and doing something very UN-Rugby League and staying down.

It used to be unthinkable. Vlandys and Annersely have messed with the dna of the game.

Stop the binning. The thuggery is out of the game. Put it on report and let the judiciary decide.