Graham Guaranteed Captaincy

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe coz ppl care n speak up, rather than shutting up n coppin it in the stink.
LOL, I speak up to, from what I see here lately is the only person in the entire squad that anyone likes is Jackson and possibly Klemmer. The rest are shit, cant kick, cant lead, soft, overweight, too old, too young too religious..... etc.
It's pretty sad actually to see so called supporters carry on this way. Yeah so we havent signed any superstars, thats the cost of re-signing what we have and for the future. We have some in the making. We were aiming for a Top 4 spot, had the best attack (inpoints) for 3/4 of the season, and everyone whinges. The last 6 rounds were shithouse, but we have a decent team. And Coach FFS.

DOGSOFWAR89

Waterboy
Reaction score
LOL, I speak up to, from what I see here lately is the only person in the entire squad that anyone likes is Jackson and possibly Klemmer. The rest are shit, cant kick, cant lead, soft, overweight, too old, too young too religious..... etc.
It's pretty sad actually to see so called supporters carry on this way. Yeah so we havent signed any superstars, thats the cost of re-signing what we have and for the future. We have some in the making. We were aiming for a Top 4 spot, had the best attack (inpoints) for 3/4 of the season, and everyone whinges. The last 6 rounds were shithouse, but we have a decent team. And Coach FFS.
Amen brother.. too many whingers on thekennel, nothing will ever be good enough for some "supporters" on here..

SUPPORTER (dictionary meaning)
a person or thing that supports.
an adherent, follower, backer, or advocate.

Cant see anything about whinging 24/7 in the dictionary about it tho??

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im sure most of you like no-one that plays for the Dogs, cannot understand why you follow them??
AGREED! We wasted too much cap space on players that don't play. Then the tactics are silly and the interchange is used woefully. Most players probably wouldn't look good in that set-up

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I admire your optimism but i have no idea what your seeing in a club that has been raped violently by hasler the fkn manly imposter and ralene the netball fkn guru along with whoever supports, or pulls the strings.
I've got nothin personal on the players, its the coach, he's had 5yrs to establish something and get the best out of his players rather than changing them into what he wants.

Tell me 1 thing.. does it feel the same? as in the anticipation for round 1, thru the off season. My answer in advance FK NO.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des inherited Ennis - hodk - Reynolds and Barba

Look at the junk of shite he has in place now after 5 full years
TBF when he inherited them they were shit, well not Ennis. Grub was a NSW cup player wow, Barba was AWFUL under the high ball and Hokko had just been let go by Hasler. So he didnt inherit anything tbh, just a team that made the finals ONCE in four years, lol. And please dont try and say we were on the verge of doing something, because we werent. The spine he got was a shit house one, its worse now, but the one he inherited was shit aswell.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
TBF when he inherited them they were shit, well not Ennis. Grub was a NSW cup player wow, Barba was AWFUL under the high ball and Hokko had just been let go by Hasler. So he didnt inherit anything tbh, just a team that made the finals ONCE in four years, lol. And please dont try and say we were on the verge of doing something, because we werent. The spine he got was a shit house one, its worse now, but the one he inherited was shit aswell.
It wasn't an all time great spine but half of that spine just won the comp, and made us the best team in 2012.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It wasn't an all time great spine but half of that spine just won the comp, and made us the best team in 2012.
It wasnt an all time great spine, it wasnt even a good spine on paper. I dont care what half of them did this year with a Premiership winning half, thats something else. Im talking about what he inherited, and it wasnt very good at all. Do you remember Barba under the high ball in 2011? I was fearing for us in 2012 when I heard he was going to be our full time FB. I literally had never heard of Grub other than he was a NSW cup player and Hokko was shite. Ennis was always a good hooker. It may have turned out good in 2012, but that still doesnt change the fact that what he inherited was garbage.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
and we get fucked in the arse yet again.....no doubt that holy fucking knob Hoppa jnr stinky finger will soon have his contract extended and doubled as well....after 37yrs im very close to just walking away....
Really? Just do it then.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Lichaa will not be re-signed. Expect him at the Tigers or Dragons, maybe even before June 30.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wasnt an all time great spine, it wasnt even a good spine on paper. I dont care what half of them did this year with a Premiership winning half, thats something else. Im talking about what he inherited, and it wasnt very good at all. Do you remember Barba under the high ball in 2011? I was fearing for us in 2012 when I heard he was going to be our full time FB. I literally had never heard of Grub other than he was a NSW cup player and Hokko was shite. Ennis was always a good hooker. It may have turned out good in 2012, but that still doesnt change the fact that what he inherited was garbage.
It comes down to recruitment, the most successful half in the past 5 or so years Maloney, was on the market and we didn't pick him up. At the back end of 2011 when dymock took over we looked good we would have beaten manly the premiers that year until Hodkinson got injured that game and he was carving them up... We have a good team that needs a couple tweaks and we win the comp, unfortunately these tweaks are in the spine and our spine was good but we decided to get rid of the wrong players! That comes down to the coach and administration and if our think our spine is shit, our administration and coach are fucked!

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
The fact that 5 years later our spine is actually shitter just shows Des hasn't got it anymore. Especially when in 2016 we could have had a spine of Ennis, Sezer, Mbye/Reynolds and Latrell Mitchell. They are just the players who were either already with us and wanted to stay or who approached the club to play here. Then there's the plethora of players we didn't even bother making a play for I.e Maloney

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It comes down to recruitment, the most successful half in the past 5 or so years Maloney, was on the market and we didn't pick him up. At the back end of 2011 when dymock took over we looked good we would have beaten manly the premiers that year until Hodkinson got injured that game and he was carving them up... We have a good team that needs a couple tweaks and we win the comp, unfortunately these tweaks are in the spine and our spine was good but we decided to get rid of the wrong players! That comes down to the coach and administration and if our think our spine is shit, our administration and coach are fucked!
Im not denying any of that, I agree. I will never say that he inherited a team with a good spine though, becasue that is bullshit.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The fact that 5 years later our spine is actually shitter just shows Des hasn't got it anymore. Especially when in 2016 we could have had a spine of Ennis, Sezer, Mbye/Reynolds and Latrell Mitchell. They are just the players who were either already with us and wanted to stay or who approached the club to play here. Then there's the plethora of players we didn't even bother making a play for I.e Maloney
Again none of that I am disagreeing with. He still didnt inherit s good spine though. FFS he had a NSW cup HOOKER at 6, thats all that needs to be said.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
It comes down to recruitment, the most successful half in the past 5 or so years Maloney, was on the market and we didn't pick him up. At the back end of 2011 when dymock took over we looked good we would have beaten manly the premiers that year until Hodkinson got injured that game and he was carving them up... We have a good team that needs a couple tweaks and we win the comp, unfortunately these tweaks are in the spine and our spine was good but we decided to get rid of the wrong players! That comes down to the coach and administration and if our think our spine is shit, our admin istration and coach are fucked!
So what you're saying is if you have 2 ball running 5/8s and a goalkicking half and you need to let one of them go it probably shouldn't be the goalkicking half because you leave yourself without a half and a goal kicker? What coach would be dumb enough to let that happen?

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Again none of that I am disagreeing with. He still didnt inherit s good spine though. FFS he had a NSW cup HOOKER at 6, thats all that needs to be said.
Yeah but also don't think he made them better players in anyway. Like he has done today with the running it on the 5th instead of risking a shit kick he totally avoided using our spine instead of strengthening their weaknesses. The forwards took over all the playmaking

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough, remember though that 6 won the only SOO series in the last 10 or so years.... which had a better five-eights before he came in, yet Daley had a better game plan with him in the side then hasler and he played at another level, my question is why... Hasler needs to move on, his game plan is out dated! We should have won the comp in 2012 no excuses.... the coach lost it for us that day!

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
and TBH if a new coach were to come in next year the spine he would have compared to that or what Des did back in the day, is pretty much the same.

FB Barba - Awful under highball, couldnt tackle but a try scoring freak
Grub- At the time a converted NSW Cup HOOKER (smh) lol
Hokko- A discarded MAnly reject injury prone aswell
Ennis- Solid, pro.
Thats what Hasler had to work with.
A new coach would have.

Bmoz- Solid pro but extremely injury prone at FB, big risk
Grub- Now a solid pro, former NSW rep but still a scatter brain
Mbye- Queensland emerging playing, but still needs work
Licha/Woolford- Licha MEh, Woolford big talent.
So infact he isnt leaving it any worse really imo.

Reaction score
i still can't believe they turned latrell mitchell away, that's just out of control madness

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah but also don't think he made them better players in anyway. Like he has done today with the running it on the 5th instead of risking a shit kick he totally avoided using our spine instead of strengthening their weaknesses. The forwards took over all the playmaking
Thats something else again. Its such a Myth that he has made players worse, but what ever. Thats another discussion. This one was about Desler saying he inherited a spine like it was good or something, when it was far far from good.

Status
Not open for further replies.