News Gould, Ciraldo meet with Justin Holbrook in attempt to sign Tino

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon Gus has realised CC needs some experience in the form of an assistant. The rest of our coaching staff are either pretty green or pretty old. Holbrook ticks the boxes we need and if he can bring Tino it’s a bonus.

It’s still a long shot though because I can’t see Holbrook with us long term if he does come. There aren’t many jobs that would be available next year so best case scenario is that he does a year or 2 to help CC out.

He will get another head coaching job sooner rather than later
Issue with that is if Holbrook comes into the coaching fold as an assistant then gets the call up for a 1st grade gig elsewhere… he’ll probably tap in on our many top 30 players we’ve currently got & entice them with him…..

Can’t take that risk

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Issue with that is if Holbrook comes into the coaching fold as an assistant then gets the call up for a 1st grade gig elsewhere… he’ll probably tap in on our many top 30 players we’ve currently got & entice them with him…..

Can’t take that risk
That could happen with any assistant.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Has anyone asked our captains,Matt Burton and Reed Mahoney what they think of Tino?

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Can’t take that risk
Gus happy to have a plan B, Is CC on silent notice ?? Gus is certainly a critical thinker.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How’s that Covid going mate, you feeling any better, are you getting over it ?
Almost over it thanks mate, three and a half days of hell now behind me.. things starting to look better.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzz can get fucked the old grub. As if Gould would bend salary cap Fuck he is a bitter old ****. His teams won 1 premiership we have 8. Suck eggs old man

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have heard Gus like a good sweet n sour pork
If he has had that gastric OP he won't like much of . anything, well he'll like it but will leave 2/3rds of it behind sadly.
People I've seen post this procedure cant eat bugger all really.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes it’s Zero Tackle but wanted to beat Deep to the punch.

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs general manager Phil Gould and coach Cameron Ciraldo met with Justin Holbrook on Tuesday evening as they aim to pinch Tino Fa'asuamaleaui from the Gold Coast Titans.

After being unceremoniously axed by the Titans as head coach, Justin Holbrook has had no shortage of interest from rival clubs. The Bulldogs are one of five clubs that have reached out to Holbrook for his services and met with him over dinner on Tuesday evening, per News Corp.

This comes one day after Phil Gould was spotted alongside recruitment manager Peter Sharp speaking to off-contract Rabbitohs utility back Blake Taaffe.

While Holbrook met with the Bulldogs, a formal offer is yet to be tabled by the club. His recruitment to the Bulldogs could help them land Queensland enforcer Tino Fa'asuamaleaui.

The club have been interested in trying to poach the star after it was revealed he had a clause in his contract that sees him become a free agent. Fa'asuamaleaui, along with David Fifita have three months to decide if they will move away from the Titans or remain at the Gold Coast.

Contacted the next day by the publication after a secret meeting with members of the Bulldogs, Holbrook declined to comment. However, he recently revealed to News Corp a couple of weeks ago that he aimed to remain in the NRL.

“I don't know what's next exactly, but I love coaching,” he revealed.

“When I left Super League, in my last year (in 2019) we finished 16 points clear of second place, which is a record margin in the history of their competition so it will be hard to beat that.
“But I'm happy here (in Australia), I would love to stay in the NRL.”
More trash :astonished:

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hope that when all the dust settles and all the "I" are dotted and "T" are crossed that at this point next year, we are deep in the top eight...!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I reckon Gus has realised CC needs some experience in the form of an assistant. The rest of our coaching staff are either pretty green or pretty old. Holbrook ticks the boxes we need and if he can bring Tino it’s a bonus.

It’s still a long shot though because I can’t see Holbrook with us long term if he does come. There aren’t many jobs that would be available next year so best case scenario is that he does a year or 2 to help CC out.

He will get another head coaching job sooner rather than later
Massive upgrade on Potter as assistant - titans and st Helens had no problems scoring points under him too, he’s a masterful attacking coach.