Golden point forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
why can't our forwards hit the ball up straight and hard in the first 80 mins like they do in golden point?

We straightened up in extra time ran with purpose and made massive meters.... Non of this sideways shit or standing flat, they got deeper and ran harder making 60-80 meters each set

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree. Lol it's because it matters in golden point.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
why can't our forwards hit the ball up straight and hard in the first 80 mins like they do in golden point?

We straightened up in extra time ran with purpose and made massive meters.... Non of this sideways shit or standing flat, they got deeper and ran harder making 60-80 meters each set
It looks like there is no purpose when we commence games. The forwards appear tired and uninterested. If the opposition gets a good jump on us, they just clock off; but if we hang in, they seem to find something after 78 minutes of football. Nice to win; but we are no serious threat to the rest of the teams in the eight.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Was just strange seeing us play properly in in extra time showing we can do it

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
did any one notice how we only we made only 40 meters on the 7 tackle set we got in the extra time?

this was the set when Reynolds tried to kick a field goal from 50m at the end.. lol

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Same here. I hate the style but I've just accepted it.
We have taken winning ugly to new levels this season. The irony is the lead up to our try in the 2nd half was just fucking brilliant footy.
Then we parked the bus, and executed Des ball.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need a controlling half real bad. I just don't know what to do Josh. Maybe move him to Hooker but I have nothing against Lichaa. We can't keeping using Bupa as our halfback in attack.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Id keep Reynolds and boot Mbye.... Moses goes missing when the pressure is on

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Forwards were gassed in the last 20. Too much tsckling. Lichaa was buggered. 66 tackles that's a huge effort in fg. Plodman and Graham racked up 55+ each.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Moses for fullback

*if we get Foran

Malla

Reaction score
Are you serious? Why the go forward in golden point isn't the same as in the first 20? Think about it.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the objective in golden point is clearer than in normal point plus the opposition is tired

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Klemmer is a beast. Still makes meters when he's tired.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you serious? Why the go forward in golden point isn't the same as in the first 20? Think about it.
First 20? I'm talking the entire 80 our forwards play like fucking poofters

In golden point they stopped standing in the line got deep and ran hard (like forwards are meant too) no like the skirt wearing limp wristed crap we see every week

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need the football out of graham and tolmans hands, they are not these godlike ball players that des seems to think. Putting up bombs with just about everyone in front of the kicker is another trend we've adopted as well, don't even get the chance to pressure the fullback.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

We did? I was at the ground...we were lucky to make 50 metres a set in golden point, unless we had the extra tackle. Our hit ups most of the game were 1 out, obvious, ended in being gang tackled, were frustrating to watch.....we were no better than the team missing 3 regular first graders who wont make the 8....we are playing busted...have no idea...have no forward combination...are predictable, boring to watch, cant score tries.....the manly supporters around me laughed at Reynolds cut out forward pass, Mbyes pathetic miskick for field goal and our lack of last tackle finish......can our halves please spend 10hrs during this next week practicing their kicking game please.....they are embarrassing to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.