Getting rid of Hasler

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If we are to get rid of Hasler (I hope like hell we do) we need to line up a coach asap even if he doesn't step in until November as they need to take over the recruitment and retention not only because Hasler has proven to be fucken useless but because the coach needs to have in put in to how our squad moves forward

its already going to take years to unravel the Hasler mess that we have (e.g. Mbye till 2020 along with Eastwood & Tolman) any new coach is going to be hamstrung for up to 3yrs unless the dogs pay them out but then it will probably count towards the cap if no one picks them up

The longer we drag this on the harder its going to be for the guy taking over......if des stays and gets extended that'll do me I'll walk away from League altogether and also save money by no longer needing Foxtel (which is a bonus)

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unless we magically find some form we'll most likely get our wish come round 9. Most we've ever lost is 4 in a row with Des, looks like it'll be 5 this year.

Hôt-dawg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Idgaf don't watch league or support the dogs. Whatever turmoil or stupid decisions the club or coach makes Ill be a doggies supporter to the day I die.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously though which coach is available apart from an untried but highly rated Pay and perennial flop JT

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seriously though which coach is available apart from an untried but highly rated Pay and perennial flop JT
There are a few options but none with runs on the board.

More or less everyone else has failed or has no experience.

Potter, Holbrook, dykock (apparently doesn't want to be a head coach).

I always liked Holbrook, the guy has had a decent apprenticeship and has won some silverwear in the lower grade. But absolutely unproven at nrl level (could be the next brown or Barrett or Kearny.... or even the next green for that matter....)

Apart from that other options are Cartwright, Walters, pay, Taylor, hagan, Dailey, McFadden :p (lol ok I might be taking the piss with some of these names).

There are endless options of coaches available. But if you want a grand final winning coach that isn't attached to any head job :p then it's only Hasler or sheens available.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
the problem with keeping Des is not only we keep playing the pathetic way we have played for last 4 years, but in the process Des damages the clubin following ways

- Our juniors will continue to rot and no talent comes up through the rank
- Des keeps buying useless forwards and / or fringe first graders on big money and waste our cap space
- Who knows he has got current players on big back ended contracts (like he did with Manly) and continue to do so which will fuck our cap even more for next 2-4 years , making us impossible to recruit big names even when Des is long gone
- Our talented players continue to get des-troyed and continue to go backwards, and i am seriously worried about klemmer, jackson and Kasiano losing their impact , ability and talent due to Des's negative coaching.

Last edited:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry but you better prepare yourself for an announcement of him being signed till 2019.

Like it or leave us.
Exactly. We are in far too deep to pull out now.

Also our board aren't "reactive" they are just morons. The only talk of Hasler leaving or being under pressure is from the media. The only time to sack him was late last year but when the board gathered they sacked Mortimer instead.

Doubt Hasler has even come close to not getting his renewal.

If Hasler stays and there are no silverware in the cabinet by 2019, then not only does he go but the whole board including castle and dip must follow.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Id take Reynolds as captain/coach at this stage over Hasler ffs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What about kas as the nutritionist and conditioner :p lol
Yh sure why not. Lets also make Tolman the offensive coach and Brenko Lee the defensive coach while we're at it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
like it or leave us?

what is this a dictatorship?
Something like that!!

upload_2017-3-30_2-6-51.png

upload_2017-3-30_2-9-42.png

Exactly. We are in far too deep to pull out now.

Also our board aren't "reactive" they are just morons. The only talk of Hasler leaving or being under pressure is from the media. The only time to sack him was late last year but when the board gathered they sacked Mortimer instead.

Doubt Hasler has even come close to not getting his renewal.

If Hasler stays and there are no silverware in the cabinet by 2019, then not only does he go but the whole board including castle and dip must follow.
EXACTLY ... there's nothing else to fill the papers/rumour mills.

Board is re-elected next Feb (2018). Maybe it's a case of not wanting to pay him out, so keeping him on till end of season.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
i'll be cheering Brisbane to absolutely flog us 60-0

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Nup..... I'll be cheering in the game day thread bud as it will mean getting closer to liberating our team and a chance to cling on to what culture may be left

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry but you better prepare yourself for an announcement of him being signed till 2019.

Like it or leave us.

I only know of two personalities who used that ultimatum:-

Darth Sidious or George W. Bush,

You take your pick as to which one you want to be labelled as

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Like it or leave us.
How shit will that reflect on the board if they announce this after a series of floggings?

Status
Not open for further replies.