Gerard Sutton SHAFT'S The Bulldogs Again

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The entire Sutton family are c#$^s.

I went to a Dogs Manly game a while back with a mate of my who sponsors Manly. We went with a just retired Manly player. Sutton was the referee and was having his standard howler.

I said to RLP "what do you think of this ref?". He said "he's the f#%%ing worst. Literally when teams and ref's are announced on a Tuesday, and you see that you've got Sutton, it's like fuck. What the fuck are we in for with this idiot". I said "who's the best referee then" and he said "Henry perenara. At least you know he's going to make calls based on player perspective. Sutton is just a fucking idiot"

It's not just the dogs team and supporters that don't like him, it extends further.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could some of these guys explain how the Naden incident wasn’t ten, sure I could handle no penalty try but how that’s not ten in the bin.
I’m okay with that one. They had three players getting there before any of our guys. That only gets binned when it’s just not a penalty try but close. That one was never going to be anything but Tigers ball. Penalty suffices.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m okay with that one. They had three players getting there before any of our guys. That only gets binned when it’s just not a penalty try but close. That one was never going to be anything but Tigers ball. Penalty suffices.
Bullshit professional foul in that attacking situation is bin.

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They keep buying our players from last season. Was expected :tearsofjoy:

CC and Gus smart enough to remove them
We should tell them we'll fix them up with a sneaky deal for Perham and Hutch, "before the other teams start rushing in!" :sweatsmile:

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Live I didn't think there was much in it was only on replay.

What I can't get though is how that Penrith bloke only gets a week for snapping the Souths bloke foot! Have more of an issue with that

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I disagree with you somewhat Dinkum Dog.

What happens if we lost narrowly yesterday, don't get the 2 points and miss the 8 by one game.

Sure, this will hurt the Tigers but IMO they are no threat to us in terms of making the top 8.

Really, we get no benefit out of it.
If Sezer goes off yesterday, perhaps we improve our for and against - perhaps not, but we will never know because we were ripped off.

I guarantee that if a Bulldog player did what Sezer done yesterday then no doubt Gerrad Sutton sends our boy off.
(MY) New rule. If a player offends and receives a suspension, the suspension applies whenever that player meets the same team again for one match. For example, If Sezar gets four weeks, he serves three weeks and then returns for the Tigers, however one 'suspended' suspension game is 'held over' until he plays the 'Dogs again. Even if a player transfers to a new team, the suspended games stay. If someone has a few suspended games 'over the head', they may be less valuable to the incoming team and therefore would command a lower salary.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
(MY) New rule. If a player offends and receives a suspension, the suspension applies whenever that player meets the same team again for one match. For example, If Sezar gets four weeks, he serves three weeks and then returns for the Tigers, however one 'suspended' suspension game is 'held over' until he plays the 'Dogs again. Even if a player transfers to a new team, the suspended games stay. If someone has a few suspended games 'over the head', they may be less valuable to the incoming team and therefore would command a lower salary.
We don't need to introduce any new rules and regulations.
Just need proper refs not making stupid mistakes and stupid supporters making excuses for the stupid decisions.
Stupid.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That is a brilliant idea and fair to the club the transgressor was penalised against.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The entire Sutton family are c#$^s.

I went to a Dogs Manly game a while back with a mate of my who sponsors Manly. We went with a just retired Manly player. Sutton was the referee and was having his standard howler.

I said to RLP "what do you think of this ref?". He said "he's the f#%%ing worst. Literally when teams and ref's are announced on a Tuesday, and you see that you've got Sutton, it's like fuck. What the fuck are we in for with this idiot". I said "who's the best referee then" and he said "Henry perenara. At least you know he's going to make calls based on player perspective. Sutton is just a fucking idiot"

It's not just the dogs team and supporters that don't like him, it extends further.
South’s must love him though

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anusley just said it wasn't a hip drop, but it was dangerous and should have been binned. No analysis or explanation of any of Badgers many other fuck ups except to call critics 'keyboard warriors' lol

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sutton proven wrong again.

Always a Bulldog
That was the only way to defend the bunker. come out and tell everyone point blank that it was not a hip drop. You’re fucking kidding, if his weight is not directly on his ankle. What the fuk.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That was the only way to defend the bunker. come out and tell everyone point blank that it was not a hip drop. You’re fucking kidding, if his weight is not directly on his ankle. What the fuk.
All coach's gonna be teaching the Cleary Sezer Salad tackle. You get a penalty against but no send off lol

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your idea does have some merit, although your stuffed if they retire before you meet him on the field again.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s all true mate - and nice seeing it come together.
You can hear the chatter at games - they talk to each other and work together - near non-existent last year.

The reason I pointed out those teams was to again highlight those who said we should’ve signed Flange Sr over Ciro (they’re pretty quiet right now). Eels gone from GF-ists to struggle street pretty quickly - likely don’t play finals again this year and Cows under Payten also lost their way. We have conceded less points than the four teams above us. Had we not blown it to give the Burrow their only win so far this year nor ran out of puff against the Mexicans we’d be doing even better. What it shows is we believe we can compete against the ‘better’ teams so the Panthers game will be a great test of how we’re really going. Teams like the Beagles and Phins are very beatable too. We just need to focus on us and that’s my point about not worrying about all the noise like ‘Sutton’ or ‘Murdoch’. It’s up to us…
I think Flanagan would have a similar defence stat coaching us and Ciraldo a similar stat coaching the Dragons.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think Flanagan would have a similar defence stat coaching us and Ciraldo a similar stat coaching the Dragons.
Interesting. @Cujo had a good point that Flanagan might need another year to start shaping his squad as Ciro did. I’m just not a fan of Flange Sr and it’s not just the peptide stuff - I don’t like the attitude overall and we’d be stuck with Kyle. I’m glad we have Ciro instead.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We don't need to introduce any new rules and regulations.
Just need proper refs not making stupid mistakes and stupid supporters making excuses for the stupid decisions.
Stupid.
And stupid supporters who compare referees to murderers and tyrants. We don’t need those either :-).