Opinion Genuine coaching preference question?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
After this game I’m firmly in the pro Flanagan camp.

How about you lads?

My fear is if Freddy is seriously hired it’s Trent 2.0

Best mate coach that is not going to change shit.

We clearly have a roster issue. Coaching issue. Training issue.

That said we need a man that will not be their best mate and cuddle these *****.

Bellamy is the type of coach we dream of. It’s just that a dream.

We need to look at what’s available and a chance. He at least is in my opinion a hard nose **** that will hold them accountable.

That with guys like kikau instead of waddle. Mahoney instead of junk. It’s the right direction.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

How about you lads?

That said we need a man that will not be their best mate and cuddle these *****.

We need to look at what’s available and a chance. He at least is in my opinion a hard nose **** that will hold them accountable.

That with guys like kikau instead of waddle. Mahoney instead of junk. It’s the right direction.
Freddy will attract talent to the club no doubt which is why his name has been thrown around.

Flanagan for mine is the best pick by a mile as he joined a club in a similar situation to ours and got a result.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

How about you lads?

Flanno 10000000%%%% always have been pro !!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Freddy will attract talent to the club no doubt which is why his name has been thrown around.

Flanagan for mine is the best pick by a mile as he joined a club in a similar situation to ours and got a result.
But when he gives up the NSW job to take our job, will he still attract talent?

IMO no coach, Apart from Bellamy, would attract more players to Belmore than Gus.

Fittler would purely be the face of Gus' brains at the dogs.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tbh I'm getting to the point where I don't care. I doubt Freddy is in serious consideration - Gus knows he's not a club coach. Flanno has drama surrounding him, based on his past, his son and the type of person he appears to be. I'm thinking it might be someone totally left field. It's another lost year, I'm sick of getting my hopes up for the past 5-6 years only to produce a few wins.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're lucky a coach of Flanagan's success is available really. If we sign anyone ahead of him we're just further proving shy we're f..ked at the moment.

Flanagan with Walsh at 1 and Hastings at 7 or Munster at 6 and we're back as serious contenders

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're lucky a coach of Flanagan's success is available really. If we sign anyone ahead of him we're just further proving shy we're f..ked at the moment.

Flanagan with Walsh at 1 and Hastings at 7 or Munster at 6 and we're back as serious contenders
Now Walsh at 1 would be brilliant.....would like Moses at 7...otherwise Drinkwater

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moses even better if we can afford him and Walsh

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tbh I'm getting to the point where I don't care. I doubt Freddy is in serious consideration - Gus knows he's not a club coach. Flanno has drama surrounding him, based on his past, his son and the type of person he appears to be. I'm thinking it might be someone totally left field. It's another lost year, I'm sick of getting my hopes up for the past 5-6 years only to produce a few wins.
How far left of centre? Billy slater left of centre??

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bring in Flanagan. The inconvenient reality is that we will only be able to win with some extra help. Flanagan has had plenty of experience with peptides and that's the help we need.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
TBH we can speculate about the new coach all we want, we can wish all we want for a particular coach but none of it will make any difference to who Gus has already selected. I think the guy’s pushing for flanno will be disappointed but I can’t be fucked investing any more energy worrying about it. So when Gus tells us who it is then I’ll worry about. Until then it was a what it is.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How far left of centre? Billy slater left of centre??
Haha, maybe not Billy but perhaps someone from the UK.

The more I think about it Flanno seems desperate and keeps putting himself in the shop window, it doesn’t seem like he’s had any real discussions with the club. But all guesses mate, I have no inside info.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a feeling the decision has already been made, and the deal possibly already done. No point sitting around with a few other coaches under threat and potentially losing the best option. We did that before with Holbrook.

We won't go the route of a coach that doesn't have NRL experience, so that lowers the field considerably.

Short of Flanno there's really only Seibold (who is in UK coaching), Neil Henry (who tactically is brilliant but not a coach I see as reforming a club), Paul Green (whom had most of his coaching success with Thurston/Taumalolo/etc) and when Thurston retired Cowboys went right downhill and he resigned).

Toovey is another option but I don't think he has an interest in coaching again, and John Cartwright is busy as Asst Coach at Cowboys now.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha, maybe not Billy but perhaps someone from the UK.

The more I think about it Flanno seems desperate and keeps putting himself in the shop window, it doesn’t seem like he’s had any real discussions with the club. But all guesses mate, I have no inside info.
Yeah I get the feeling the new coach was appointed at the end of last year none of this shit just happened, Gus is going to pull a rabbit out of his ass.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the baggage that comes with Flanno Snr the only decent option I think is the Wolfe guy from UK. Green failed at the Cowboys after JT retired and the other coaches with NRL experience that are available next year won't lead this club to a GF.