General just killed his career as video ref

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
Patten did fuck up, but what about the 2 refs and the touchie closest to the knock on? How did they miss the knock on?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Patten did fuck up, but what about the 2 refs and the touchie closest to the knock on? How did they miss the knock on?
The final call went with Patten - he's to blame. Who's to say the touchie didn't recommend referring it to the video ref?

Malla

Reaction score
The final call went with Patten - he's to blame. Who's to say the touchie didn't recommend referring it to the video ref?
My point is it was a clear knock on and should have been called as such when it happened

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

why they didnt show the camera angle which they showed after the try was awarded, that had the first knock clear as day.

they kept showing the other angles of the 2nd and 3rd knock on during the review which were still pretty obvious but the first one couldnt have been disputed but they didnt show it during the review.

t

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I haven't seen any replays. But the fact is that unless Patten missed someone touching a referee he'll keep his job and won't even get a lecture or warning. Getting shit wrong doesn't happen. The referees, touch judges and bunker staff are beyond reproach.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wow! You folks still watch footy? Stoic! :p

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can tolerate a ref making a mistake in general play given how fast the game moves, but when you can look at every single angle in slow motion i really cant understand how you can get things so horribly wrong!!!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not going to fix a thing, when it's the same people viewing the challenge who made the mistake in the first place.
True, the NRL are the most unaccountable legal organisation I've ever seen running a successful business.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
3 knocks on from Semi Radradra in one play and he still awarded it as a try.

FMD!
Completely agree,
I was like
Fuck dude, what are you looking at, what am I seeing that you are not,
Is there some kind of alternative universe that these blind fucks live in that is different to the rest of us?

Like what the actual fuck?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I can tolerate a ref making a mistake in general play given how fast the game moves, but when you can look at every single angle in slow motion i really cant understand how you can get things so horribly wrong!!!
Too right

I can live with on field mistakes,
Sure it's frustrating, but reasonable to expect human error,

But video ref getting it wrong, it's impossible to fathom, and inexcusable

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
lol "we have a blunder going to the board" should be their new catch phrase

I like Patten in the bunker, he doesn't over analyse the decisions like Sutton who talks and defines everything so scientifically

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The ref should just be honest and say "we're going to send this one up to sportsbet for review"

Status
Not open for further replies.